Budget 0-20k Cheap SSD suggestion

uzerdelhi

Disciple
Which sata SSD should i get?

Kingston A400 240gb
ADATA Ultimate SU650 240 GB
Crucial BX500 240GB
WD Green 240GB

Or some other (in the same price range)?

I have crucial MX series, so my suggestion would be to go for BX one. It has 3 years warranty and is a good alternative to MX series.
Heard positive reviews about WD green too.

Edit: sorry, my suggestion for WD was for blue and not green edition. Didn't read it.

Last edited:
I would avoid DRAM-less SSDs if at all possible as the extra ~1k or so is worth it from a performance/longevity perspective. You also usually get a 5 year warranty. That said, any SSD is better than a mechanical HDD.

Between the ones you mentioned, The SU650 uses an SLC cache if I remember correctly so that's the one I'd pick.

I would avoid DRAM-less SSDs if at all possible as the extra ~1k or so is worth it from a performance/longevity perspective. You also usually get a 5 year warranty. That said, any SSD is better than a mechanical HDD.
Completely agree with everything except aren't the mainstream ssds more than just 1k more?

For example the bx500 240gb is 2.6k while the mx500 is 4.2k.

For someone looking at budget ssds in the first place, the difference might be an issue.

Personally i would hold off till i have enough money and then buy a tlc with dram.
Post automatically merged:

just wondering ..shouldn't this post be in another thread?
You talking to me?

Between the ones you mentioned, The SU650 uses an SLC cache if I remember correctly so that's the one I'd pick.

I have a pretty old PC (i3 2120), i watched some videos on youtube and they told me it wouldn't matter much which SSD i use for a computer this old

I'm using the adata su650 for the past year . 120 gb. Since I upgraded to it from mechanical hdd I find the performance great. So great for an ordinary user like me that I bought the same 240 gb variant of the su650 from Amazon in this sale and put it in my laptop .

Any upgrade to ssd from a mechanical drive is bound to have a great performance compared to traditional disks. But moving further its all number crunching game as to how more performance you actually require right from the boot times to gaming. So depending on it one can choose between the types of ssds.
I dont mind about a second or 2 delay nor I play in nos. (benchmarking) nor I get a good sleep with those nos. satisfaction in mind, so my Intel ssd is way too much sufficient for me else would have invested in Samsung evo series.

Completely agree with everything except aren't the mainstream ssds more than just 1k more?

For example the bx500 240gb is 2.6k while the mx500 is 4.2k.

For someone looking at budget ssds in the first place, the difference might be an issue.

Personally i would hold off till i have enough money and then buy a tlc with dram.
Post automatically merged:

You talking to me?
You're right, I might have underestimated the current price difference for ~250GB drives. Comparison between the larger models is more favourable: 480GB BX is 4,475, 500GB MX is 5,400.

My mobo is maxed out at Sata1.5 and still the pc boots up under 10 seconds. Processor is not that important when opening, closing apps and other day to day tasks.
P.S my pc is more than a decade old. I am sure you will see improvements.

My mobo is maxed out at Sata1.5 and still the pc boots up under 10 seconds. Processor is not that important when opening, closing apps and other day to day tasks.
P.S my pc is more than a decade old. I am sure you will see improvements.
Yes. Over HDD yes maybe a little less

this the cheapest and better than WD green

Back