Budget 0-20k Cheapest ATX AM4 motherboard with dedicated ARGB header

NoMansLand

Disciple
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard purely from an aesthetics point of view. Below are my requirements:

1. Supports Ryzen 3 3300X
2. ATX form factor
3. Has dedicated ARGB header
4. Cheapest option available

It was a miss from my end while buying my rig, I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX and it has a JRGB header. I just saw that it has mystic light support and blindly went for it only to realize later that it has a JRGB header and not an ARGB header.

Looking for some suggestions, please advise.

I built a PC last week for a friend with an ASRock B450 Pro4, pretty sure it had one.

Thanks.. their webpage says it has ARGB header but they don't mention anywhere on their webpage that this MoBo supports Polychorme.. not sure what is the catch here.
Also, am a bit skeptical on the Asrock MoBo longevity as well. Haven't read a lot of good things about them except for their premium boards.. Taichi n all

You should probably look it up on reddit before buying.
ASRock had the better B450 budget options, I'm using the micro-atx variant and have no complaints.

Thanks.. their webpage says it has ARGB header but they don't mention anywhere on their webpage that this MoBo supports Polychorme.. not sure what is the catch here.
Also, am a bit skeptical on the Asrock MoBo longevity as well. Haven't read a lot of good things about them except for their premium boards.. Taichi n all
Stay away from MSI. Users are furious as the Jrgb thing is very confusing and not compatible with the well know rgb/argb peripherals. You might either fry the header or the led strip/fans etc.
Plus MSI ASS sucks big time. People were asked to simply buy Coolermaster rgb controller additionally just to control their devices. So SIC, the msi header is useless. Shame big time!

Go with ASUS, they are the original players to develop their own concept & come with Argb and mobo lighting which other brands simply followed blindly before inventing their own stupid crap useless concepts just to confuse users. There is no uniformity in this technology. Even gigabyte has connector issues but way better than Msi.
So go with Asus or Asrock.

@nRiTeCh - Would you know of any controller box which can be operated via software? The coolermaster thing which you just mentioned, I will have to open the box, each time I have to change something, correct?

Back