Cheat Engine - Double your download speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charun

Skilled
Today i heard from a friend that a software named Cheat Engine does really double your download speed

i dint believe it to be true but when i went to his house found it to be true

now i am using this software to download and i used to get average download speed of 25-30kbps and now i am getting 55-60 kbps

now i want to ask whether this software will do any harm or will the ISP come to know about this and disconnect my net ????

Break open the game without passwords. The program is intended to edit the settings in the computer games, to get infinite money, lives, ammunition, etc. It can scan the memory, or game files to search for some specific values of the special methods can deceive even the games that have no visible numeric values (such as a graphical bar life), or games, which encode their data.

Where does this say doubling or increasing the speeds..?

swastikrj said:
Today i heard from a friend that a software named Cheat Engine does really double your download speed

i dint believe it to be true but when i went to his house found it to be true

now i am using this software to download and i used to get average download speed of 25-30kbps and now i am getting

55-60 kbps

now i want to ask whether this software will do any harm or will the ISP come to know about this and disconnect my net ????
Are you sure mate, coz the link you gave read this

Break open the game without passwords. The program is intended to edit the settings in the computer games, to get infinite money, lives, ammunition, etc. It can scan the memory, or game files to search for some specific values of the special methods can deceive even the games that have no visible numeric values (such as a graphical bar life), or games, which encode their data.

here is the proof -

untitled.JPG

i have a 256 kbps connection and usually get 30kbps download speed maximum

the only thing of which i am worried is about the ISP

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ok guys will post a tutorial for this today if possible because i have my last exam tomorrow

or else tomorrow will surely post the tutorial

weird....and what kind of software name is cheat engine?...
Did you bother to double check the time taken for your downloads;) ?...In excitement you might have missed on that part.

Nope doesn't work!

The software just shows increased speed due to change in some values.

I dont remember how but i have tried this some time ago.

Faraz said:
Nope doesn't work!

The software just shows increased speed due to change in some values.

I dont remember how but i have tried this some time ago.
but i have tried to make sure that this software works perfectly and for that i tried downloading a song twice - once without using this software and after that with using this software

normal time taken to download was 3 mins and by using this software the same song was downloaded in a minute

I remember to have used this for Farmville + Chef World and Mafia Wars ( I was a mad MWars Addict then) what you can do with this is freeze certain values and still run the script/ something like that - Basically , I used to regain more energy points without waiting for it to regenerate in mw, I dont really know how a person can use this to speed up internet connections though. CE 5.5 is what I remember to have used , seems like they have updated it.

as far as i know, by using cheat engine u are making utorrent run 0.5 times its normal speed.. so it shows double the speed.. so its just apparent speed bump, dont think its even theoretically possible.

anyways, it'd be nice if someone could download a big file like a 100MB keeping track of the time , with n without the software!

swastikrj said:
but i have tried to make sure that this software works perfectly and for that i tried downloading a song twice - once without using this software and after that with using this software

normal time taken to download was 3 mins and by using this software the same song was downloaded in a minute
For me yes the software did showed increased speed but the time taken for the download was same.
Anyways if its working for you great! :D
Enjoy your increased speed and yeah do post a tutorial how you did it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back