Audio Circle Arko speakers - Discussion Thread

#[member='Freaky']

Thank you for guiding me.. Finally.. these are available with Landmark store. Bought 100w version
<

#[member='krisballa'] - I thought you had exhausted that option. If you read the first post, these were first found in Landmark
<

Good to know that you got them. The 80w would have been a better buy since they cost a full 1k less and seem to sound a lil better than the bigger sibling
<

#[member='Freaky']

Yeah.. I read these are available with Landmark but ignored because eBay ones offering for lesser price. But what I found out yesterday was Landmark running a promotional offer, so I got these for 1600 lesser
<

#[member='Freaky']

Yeah.. I read these are available with Landmark but ignored because eBay ones offering for lesser price. But what I found out yesterday was Landmark running a promotional offer, so I got these for 1600 lesser
<

So you got the 100w for 6.4k?
<

That's a very good offer, considering how well these speakers perform. Unfortunately not many seem to be aware of it.

Enjoy your pair. Do ensure that they are mounted on a proper base.
<

I'd recommend something sturdier like a nice hard wooden top of a table or a granite top. Placement on stands would be a bit of an overkill. Keep some anti-skid silicone/neoprene pads below the speakers so the vibrations may be reduced. You can get them in Big Bazaar or hardware shops.

Oh! I guess you are in Hyderabad, and I am located in Delhi... I guess there are some Landmark stores here in Delhi/NCR, but will have to check about the availability....

Thanks anyway
<

Better if you visit the store personally because when I called up the store they said that they have only 80W version. But when I visited the store I saw both models
<
and went for 100W one
<

I called them up... but they didn't have this model... They said they will try to get it from the vendor and might take some days.. But I am afraid they would quote a good amount for it.
<
As for the other 2.1 model of Circle (CT 2.103 or probably other lower model) they quoted 3300 something , while on one of the sites I could see the cost as 2100 something..

Lets see.. I'll update the group about the quotes.. And will surely visit the store to get it.

Do you think 100w is better? I think someone in the same thread responded that 80w sounds better than 100w.. Ofcourse I am not a very high bass lover
<
It should have a good bass, but not too boomy.. Though I think bass can be adjusted by remote.. so you might be able to help here with your experience...
<

As somebody said earlier 80W has smaller woofer than the 100W. So may be you'll get the bass tighter than the 100W one. But I could say my 100W ones are not boomy as per my experience and anyway you control the bass using the provided remote. I always keeping the bass to 6 & treble to 6 using the remote. If you compare the size between 80w & 100w, 100w ones are 20% bigger than 80w
<
. Landmark store here has the both versions
<
. I liked the bass in these lot better than my old Altec Lansing VS4121
<

Bass is tight and isn't boomy unless you crank up the volume levels. Both the bass and treble have been kept at medium settings from the digital display. My friend has relocated the units from a lousy table to the tiled floor. Sounds pretty good now. Previously the table shelves used to shatter during low freq. tracks.
<

Bought the 80w model from the landmark in forum mall in blore for 5.6k. Not terribly impressed with the SQ compared to the MX5021/AE2. Maybe it needs some tweaks.

Looks like Circle has discontinued the Arko 80W and 100W models. I had purchased one from eBay 2 days back and the dealer (Mark Infotech) called me up a while back and asked me if I wished to pick up something else. I denied and asked him for a refund. I did ask him as to why this was listed (3 available!) on eBay if it was discontinued and he did not stock it. To which he responded that they were following with Circle if a new stock is to be sent and Circle did not honor it.

Looks like I will have to settle for something else. The AE2 is expensive at 10k. :(

Bought the 80w model from the landmark in forum mall in blore for 5.6k. Not terribly impressed with the SQ compared to the MX5021/AE2. Maybe it needs some tweaks.

Willing to sell yours? :p

Back