Confused Between Android and S^3

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu

Skilled
Well, actually the story is, I'm not the one who changes phone now and then, but I can't control my lust for Android after seeing so many ZTE Blade's from the member's here.

So planned of getting one too. But came into confusion between Optimus One and ZTE Blade, which have nothing difference in specs except O1 is 3.2" screen and ZTE Blade has 3.5" screen. The main issue got into, ZTE Blade would have no warranty(though I don't care about it much, as so many member's are using it), need to rooted and install custom ROM to get Froyo, need to be unlocked, and importing it here is a little bit hassle.

Whereas O1 saves me from all above problems :p but ZTE Blade looks better.

Well, as I'm a Nokia fanboy, so just searching Nokia website casually and saw X6, C-6 and some other phones. Liked X6 most. Now again I got into confusion after seeing the specs, like it has LED Flash, 5MP Cam and everything that ZTE Blade has. Screen is 3.2" which is not a factor for me.

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so, not a big deal. Though I don't have a single penny with me right now, will be buying with CC and pay it in installment.

Please help, with your suggestions... :p

How is WP7 ones?? Will it come within my budget??

Unless you buy the S^3 based C6-01 (about 15k) you should go for Android...

Don't even consider the S60v5 based Nokias... either buy the C6-01 / C7 whichever comes in your budget or go for the ZTE

IF your a Nokia fanboi you will love S^3.
As suggested by Dhruv, go for c6-01 / c7 IF your ok with EDoF camera (non auto-focus). Rest of the features are great. I was in similar situation couple of months ago..and went for C7. No major regrets so far except lack of portrait QWERTY and slow browser - which will be addressed via PR2.0

IMO, Symbian is almost dead mate. There will be no much development in that front anymore, now that Nokia is moving along to WP7. Besides, there's no comparison to Android really.

I would say, go for Blade if you wanna save a few bucks. Excellent phone, and besides being cheaper than LG O1, the bigger screen (which you already mentioned), the higher WVGA resolution is also a very important point to consider.

Else, up the budget a little and get a Moto Defy.

Trust me Symbian is not going anywhere in the near future... Don't expect to get the latest Android updates on lower end devices whereas the S^3 ones are going to get a brand new UI and have all the functionality already in them.

Answer me : What are your requirements ? If music/camera/multi media, get Nokia. In your price bracket no Android device can suffice your requirements as Nokia. Or if you're an app junkie and wants to explore apps and all, get android [but forget music / camera]

Hope this helps.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Trust me Symbian is not going anywhere in the near future... Don't expect to get the latest Android updates on lower end devices whereas the S^3 ones are going to get a brand new UI and have all the functionality already in them.
Blade is now officially supported by Cyanogen mod team and it is based on Gingerbread. These custom ROMS are far better than the official ones developed by the manufacturer anyway, even if they decide to update.

I know a lot of people still love Symbian and vouch for it, but I feel Android is way more superior as far as UI, apps and flexibility is concerned. But then, that's just me and my preference. :)

Symbian Nokia phones tend to be more feature rich than similarly priced Android counterparts, so that might be an issue to consider as well, depending on what you're looking for.

arun687 said:
IMO, Symbian is almost dead mate. There will be no much development in that front anymore, now that Nokia is moving along to WP7. Besides, there's no comparison to Android really.

I would say, go for Blade if you wanna save a few bucks. Excellent phone, and besides being cheaper than LG O1, the bigger screen (which you already mentioned), the higher WVGA resolution is also a very important point to consider.

Else, up the budget a little and get a Moto Defy.

Ya actually I liked the features I saw in X6 :p
RVK2488 said:

No...that's out of my budget :p
avi said:
Answer me : What are your requirements ? If music/camera/multi media, get Nokia. In your price bracket no Android device can suffice your requirements as Nokia. Or if you're an app junkie and wants to explore apps and all, get android [but forget music / camera]

Hope this helps.

Nothing. I'm presently using Nokia 2730c, which I bought somewhat 7-8months ago(as far I remember). Actually I fall for Android and was sure to buy ZTE Blade / O1, but after going to latest Nokia phones, again got into confusion.

As for requirements, MP3, Camera, FM, 3G, good loud speaker is a must. And as I've budget more than 10k so add Full HTML Browsing, Good apps(I don't have much option of choosing apps on my present 2730c), GPS(Turn by turn would be great), Touchscreen, WiFi, Awesome UI to my wishlist :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nehaladsul said:
If you can go upto ~ 14k, get the Samsung Ace.

And don't compare S^3 to Android... You are Insulting Google by doing that!!! :p
:lol: I don't have that much guts to insult google :p

Camera on ZTE blade not so good (i.e. if you need to take quality pics, otherwise phone is good). OP1 great in 10K range but bad design. So now you have to decide whether warranty is a priority for you coz Blade has none.

seriously dude??? u still wanna stick wid a dinosaur like S^3?? dude android will wipe the floor with S^3...for ur budget of 15k u wont get ne WP7 devices but i think u ought to consider the HTC wildfire @ 13k...its a seriously gud phone & now 2.2 update is available for it OTA...no need to root..

Crossx said:
Camera on ZTE blade not so good (i.e. if you need to take quality pics, otherwise phone is good). OP1 great in 10K range but bad design. So now you have to decide whether warranty is a priority for you coz Blade has none.

Well, I don't need quality pics. I've W530 for that, normal taking pics and posting them in social networking sites, with geotagging feature(which is available in all the phones till now) would be ok.
devvfata1ity said:
seriously dude??? u still wanna stick wid a dinosaur like S^3?? dude android will wipe the floor with S^3...for ur budget of 15k u wont get ne WP7 devices but i think u ought to consider the HTC wildfire @ 13k...its a seriously gud phone & now 2.2 update is available for it OTA...no need to root..
You seriously recommend Wildfire?? :O Max. people have bad experience with it as I see in the reviews.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys, Samsung Ace is good, but I can't find any information on how much RAM it have on gsmarena, any ideas?? Anyone here using it??

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so,

@ 15k nothing better than C6-01...

Wave II is about 17.3k but what would be like a 6k increase from ur original 12k budget, too high.

Why C6-01 and Symbian^3?

1. Powerful hardware.. compare it to an Android phone within 17k, then cant even come close
2. 8MP snapper(although not as good was iPhone 4's 5MP supercam, but it's still good enough)
3. Brilliant ClearBlackDisplay screen, trust me, i've seen it up close, it's BRILLIANT.
4. Continuous firmware updates(takes aeons for a new android version to come to your old phone, except google nexus, of course you can install user made ports, BUT if u're PAYING already, you are supposed to get the new Android versions officially and not have to rely on some dedicated community guys!)
5. If you guys havn't noticed, OVI Store, IS BIG, has higher revenue than ANdroid's app store byt the way(not sure about Q1 2011, but till Q4 2010, OVI was higher, by $3 million).
The apps are fantastic, games, almost all premium games are free, with just a small ad before playing the game, which is good enough considering you're getting the full game and not level locked ones.
6. Geotagging is integrated afaik

Wildfire = no no

comp@ddict said:

Wave II is about 17.3k but what would be like a 6k increase from ur original 12k budget, too high.

Why C6-01 and Symbian^3?

1. Powerful hardware.. compare it to an Android phone within 17k, then cant even come close

2. 8MP snapper(although not as good was iPhone 4's 5MP supercam, but it's still good enough)

3. Brilliant ClearBlackDisplay screen, trust me, i've seen it up close, it's BRILLIANT.

4. Continuous firmware updates(takes aeons for a new android version to come to your old phone, except google nexus, of course you can install user made ports, BUT if u're PAYING already, you are supposed to get the new Android versions officially and not have to rely on some dedicated community guys!)

5. If you guys havn't noticed, OVI Store, IS BIG, has higher revenue than ANdroid's app store byt the way(not sure about Q1 2011, but till Q4 2010, OVI was higher, by $3 million).

The apps are fantastic, games, almost all premium games are free, with just a small ad before playing the game, which is good enough considering you're getting the full game and not level locked ones.

Wildfire = no no
Hmm...got that.

comp@ddict said:

Why C6-01 and Symbian^3?

Wildfire = no no
Lowest online price for Nokia C6-01 is 15.7k from adexmart

WaveII is available for 16.5k in flipkart :)

C6-01 - 91Mobiles

Samsung S8530 Wave II Mobile Phone - Full Specifications, Price, Videos, Reviews, News

You seriously recommend Wildfire?? Max. people have bad experience with it as I see in the reviews.

bro many of my frenz have used the wildfire...its a damn gud phone for the price...they r very happy wid it since they cudnt afford a desire....i have also used it a bit....its pretty darn responsive...not too many slowdowns...the camera is also ok..u can get one at letsbuy for 12149..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back