Confused Between Android and S^3

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu

Skilled
Well, actually the story is, I'm not the one who changes phone now and then, but I can't control my lust for Android after seeing so many ZTE Blade's from the member's here.

So planned of getting one too. But came into confusion between Optimus One and ZTE Blade, which have nothing difference in specs except O1 is 3.2" screen and ZTE Blade has 3.5" screen. The main issue got into, ZTE Blade would have no warranty(though I don't care about it much, as so many member's are using it), need to rooted and install custom ROM to get Froyo, need to be unlocked, and importing it here is a little bit hassle.

Whereas O1 saves me from all above problems :p but ZTE Blade looks better.

Well, as I'm a Nokia fanboy, so just searching Nokia website casually and saw X6, C-6 and some other phones. Liked X6 most. Now again I got into confusion after seeing the specs, like it has LED Flash, 5MP Cam and everything that ZTE Blade has. Screen is 3.2" which is not a factor for me.

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so, not a big deal. Though I don't have a single penny with me right now, will be buying with CC and pay it in installment.

Please help, with your suggestions... :p

How is WP7 ones?? Will it come within my budget??

krishnandu said:
Actually I liked the C6-01, but you know as I'll be paying with CC, and then I need to pay that money in installment, now to pay 16k in installment would take me min 6months EMI in my salary. That's why I'm little more tilted towards ZTE Blade / O1.
Why not save up a bit and go for it a month later? I suggest this since you are satisfied with your current phone and can continue with it for a while.

Coz the C6-01 will serve you for a while because of its excellent multimedia capabilities :)

krishnandu said:
Actually I liked the C6-01, but you know as I'll be paying with CC, and then I need to pay that money in installment, now to pay 16k in installment would take me min 6months EMI in my salary. That's why I'm little more tilted towards ZTE Blade / O1.
Will second what Dark Angel suggested. Save up and then buy later. Dont get on this EMI thing.

OT:

Saying this because i had a roommate who would be buying stuff even without having a single penny in his account. He had bought the Nokia 6270 for like 15k (few years back) using his credit card when his saving account has just 15000 rupees. All he was dependent on next salary

DarkAngel said:
Why not save up a bit and go for it a month later? I suggest this since you are satisfied with your current phone and can continue with it for a while.

Coz the C6-01 will serve you for a while because of its excellent multimedia capabilities :)
raksrules said:
Will second what Dark Angel suggested. Save up and then buy later. Dont get on this EMI thing.

OT:

Saying this because i had a roommate who would be buying stuff even without having a single penny in his account. He had bought the Nokia 6270 for like 15k (few years back) using his credit card when his saving account has just 15000 rupees. All he was dependent on next salary
Ya, Actually to even get O1, I've to save money for 3months :p

And for C6-01, it would be 6months. I also don't have anything on my A/c, just the Min QAB :p

krishnandu said:
Ya, Actually to even get O1, I've to save money for 3months :p

And for C6-01, it would be 6months. I also don't have anything on my A/c, just the Min QAB :p
Sincere advice - don't buy if its not that urgent. People like us are so into gadgets that we forget to prioritize our requirements. Sometimes I feel the only reason I am working is coz I can buy new gadget every other month :p

But I NEVER buy anything on CC unless its VERY urgent. (my 2 cents)

Well I will advice OP to also consider The Nokia C7

It has slightly bigger screen and also I think 8GB mass memory + FM transmitter. 3.2 inches not that optimal for browsing. Also the great video player on Symbian deserves a bigger screen.. Cost has been lowered recently and should be around 16-17k.

Android is great if you are more into customizations and stuff like various new ROMs and apps. For Basic Telephony,Camera,Music and even Games S3 is better

i have also always bought nokias till now, but now ive decided to go android..

i have given enough of my hard earned money for crap coming out of nokia for almost a decade, they churned out crap after crap when they had no competition,

though i agree that they are reliable, but all they do is put multimedia in their phones and sell stuff at a premium..

Another thing people seem to gloss over is the fact that the nokias come with class 33 EDGE while most android phones have class 12 or class 10 even which basically implies faster speeds at 2.5G (more slots available for downloads). Considering current 3G prices and the fact that 2.5G can be had for as little as 50 bucks a month, its a major point in favour of getting a nokia.

krishnandu said:
No game is not a concern, I don't play games, Just posted that as example for wildfire.

Anyway I think best way to judge is first go to a mobile store and see C6-01 working, if I like the UI then it's great, otherwise ZTE Blade / Ace(Only after knowing how much RAM it has)

Samsung Ace has 278MB of RAM available to the user :)

I have been using Nokia since 2005... Nokia 3660, 6600, 6670, N70, N73. N73 was the longest used by me (3 years) until 25th Feb, 2011. I migrated to Android without a second thought. Over the years there were little or no development of their OS; N Series tried to be different & it was a craze but for the looks & accessories & the OS was not a big change. My Dad uses N95 which I don't like at all. From my friends who bought devices like C5, N97 (not mini), I can say it was not worth the money at all. Buy Android, it's way way waaaay better than SymbianOS. And Win 7 phones are new but then I don't have much hope on Microsoft phone stuff.

If you want 5meg cam with LED flash then you can get Samsung Galaxy Ace that was released this month here in India. If you the cam is not the issue then you should consider LG Optimus One, which I bought after researching for 2 weeks (day & night). You can search for reviews of both the phones. Don't go for costlier devices as of now like Motorola Defy.

comp@ddict said:
you havn't used Symbian^3

so dont talk shit
+1 as far as my experience with nokia and android.

android is costly the reason i m saying this is .

15k android phone has hardware capabilities < any other 15k nokia phones.

15k range android phones.

They can't even play avi files .

High end games can't be played.

15k range nokia phones.

Avi playback no prob.

High end games available .N-gage games are pretty neat(only few handset support it).

You may be able to get all that but need to spend extra 5k than any other nokia phone.They are way up in terms of hardware and value for money.

Only drawback OS look and feel sucks but i dont give a damn to look as long as performance is great.

I hate these Android Fanbois who brainwash buyers and end them up in sh1t :-/

I am an Android user too but I don't simply go on suggesting everyone >_>

Better go to Wave II which has all stuffs you have mentioned above and the hardware is a piece of cake for the money you are spending in, it plays HD video out of the Box man, and BADA is developing people.... My friend got Wave II for 16500/- So you too can get it..

As all said, You need a Higher Resolution for most of the Android Apps.. that you wont get for 15k sure.. or else go with ZTE Blade - 9600k max (Value for Money) or Samsung ACE - 14900 (Only if you need Warranty) and say no to HTC Wildfire as it causes tons of problem.

And not to mention the Hardware Spec of Wave II beats the craps out of all the mobiles which are available for that price tag..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

People note "AM NOT A FANBOY OF SAMSUNG" just said for the Hardware Spec.... Best Bang for the Money..

avi said:
I hate these Android Fanbois who brainwash buyers and end them up in sh1t :-/

I am an Android user too but I don't simply go on suggesting everyone >_>
Brainwash? Do you take the buyers to be dumb that they will buy wirhout thinking on their own? Also pointing out the good things about an OS that I like is just my point of view, just because you don't suggest doesn't mean others won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back