Confused Between Android and S^3

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu

Skilled
Well, actually the story is, I'm not the one who changes phone now and then, but I can't control my lust for Android after seeing so many ZTE Blade's from the member's here.

So planned of getting one too. But came into confusion between Optimus One and ZTE Blade, which have nothing difference in specs except O1 is 3.2" screen and ZTE Blade has 3.5" screen. The main issue got into, ZTE Blade would have no warranty(though I don't care about it much, as so many member's are using it), need to rooted and install custom ROM to get Froyo, need to be unlocked, and importing it here is a little bit hassle.

Whereas O1 saves me from all above problems :p but ZTE Blade looks better.

Well, as I'm a Nokia fanboy, so just searching Nokia website casually and saw X6, C-6 and some other phones. Liked X6 most. Now again I got into confusion after seeing the specs, like it has LED Flash, 5MP Cam and everything that ZTE Blade has. Screen is 3.2" which is not a factor for me.

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so, not a big deal. Though I don't have a single penny with me right now, will be buying with CC and pay it in installment.

Please help, with your suggestions... :p

How is WP7 ones?? Will it come within my budget??

aercy said:
Brainwash? Do you take the buyers to be dumb that they will buy wirhout thinking on their own? Also pointing out the good things about an OS that I like is just my point of view, just because you don't suggest doesn't mean others won't.
I would say no to android as they simply not value for money.

I mean hardware is too costly compare to nokia.

I would rather say android + nokia is the best combination but sadly its not possible.

Moral of story android alone is no good infront of nokia + symbian .(Even if symbian is going to die I still love it).Yes i m an android user and still regretting my decision of buying wildfire :(.

Now please dont suggest me to go for defy ,Ace or any other android hw list I can get all these without compromising on price.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

aercy said:
Everybody ia entitled yo their own opinion & I know what I am talking about .... Symbian is garbage compared to Android ... end of story.
I would be impressed if you justify.

krishnandu said:
Yup, same here, presently I've my mind set for O1.

Reviews are good, and every mobile geek suggesting it for sub 10k budget.
Look up the net, ask the users... you'll know wht is the right device to go for. I am a gadget lover & I know which device is good & which is not for me so for yourself, you can only decide.

As for Symbian vs Android .... the match would be joke. RIP Symbian. (Think, why would Nokia tieup with Microsoft if Symbian was so great? Huh!!)

pinga123 said:
I would say no to android as they simply not value for money.

I mean hardware is too costly compare to nokia.

I would rather say android + nokia is the best combination but sadly its not possible.

Moral of story android alone is no good infront of nokia + symbian .(Even if symbian is going to die I still love it).Yes i m an android user and still regretting my decision of buying wildfire :(.

Now please dont suggest me to go for defy ,Ace or any other android hw list I can get all these without compromising on price.

I would be impressed if you justify.
You're using HTC Wildfre!!!!! One of the worst phones ever!!! You made a choice which speaks a lot about you're understanding of a good device so I choose not to justify anything. Thanks for making me laugh :D

aercy said:
You're using HTC Wildfre!!!!! One of the worst phones ever!!! You made a choice which speaks a lot about you're understanding of a good device so I choose not to justify anything. Thanks for making me laugh :D
then suggest me 1 @ < 15k and give me a change to laugh.

aercy said:
Look up the net, ask the users... you'll know wht is the right device to go for. I am a gadget lover & I know which device is good & which is not for me so for yourself, you can only decide.

As for Symbian vs Android .... the match would be joke. RIP Symbian. (Think, why would Nokia tieup with Microsoft if Symbian was so great? Huh!!)

Thats because Its current CEO is former Microsoft Employeer and not a symbian developer .

:lol: Guys....don't flame each other :p Stop the war :D

Pinga I'd say O1 is better buy than Wildfire(Though I don't own any and have not much knowledge, but this is what I came to know after reading reviews).

Yea, this thread has gotten into a flame war.

Neither of us own Nokia, Google, Android or Symbian, so chill guys. Understand that everyone has different requirements and different way of looking at things. So respect that and don't take suggestions and views of others personally, if it is against what you think.

aercy said:
Everybody ia entitled yo their own opinion & I know what I am talking about .... Symbian is garbage compared to Android ... end of story.
Did I say Symbian is not dying or awesome ? Check my earlier posts, I always said when it comes to app, Android wins over Symbian.

aercy said:
Do you take the buyers to be dumb that they will buy wirhout thinking on their own?
There are few !

aercy said:
Look up the net, ask the users... you'll know wht is the right device to go for.
Net users ? Who ? App junkies always suggest Android and I have seen many people suggesting Android without reading OP's requirement at all ! What the OP gonna do if he never cares about Apps ? I have a (stupid) friend, who bought HTC Desire as suggested by some android fanboi. But his requirements were Camera, Music and Multimedia. He doesn't even know exactly what apk means. This happened just in my friend's case. May happen with others also.

aercy said:
As for Symbian vs Android .... the match would be joke. RIP Symbian.
Yes, but this thread not about Symbian vs Android.

Lets not turn this thread into Android vs Symbian. That'd never help OP. Our main objective should be help OP to chose better device suited for his requirements. If you don't agree to what I am saying and still want to continue Symbian vs Android, then #faceplam and I_am_out.

@Pinga
Optimus one, galaxy 3, XCD35 and the new Galaxy Ace- all of these cost less than 15k and are way,way better than the Wildfire.. Heck! Even the Galaxy Pop( 9k) and Fit(10.3k) are better than Wildfire!!
Anyway, back to the topic.. Well Moto might just drop Defy's price to about 15-16k now that the Galaxy SL has been launched at 19k.. If that happens then you could blindly go for it.. It's way better than the Nokia C6-01( both software and hardware wise)..

lol...I asked I'm confused, and named some models and asked which one would be right. And the result is 5 pages :p

Well guys, see let me say clearly, I presently own Nokia 2730c, and I'm a Nokia Fanboy, didn't ever thought of buying Samsung or any other brand.

Now, I want to try Android, by seeing the hype for Android. My requirements are nothing, I just want to try android, and which one would be best in low cost??

But the phone should have some basic things which all phones have like Cam, MP3 etc. etc. Quality is not a matter because I own W530 for Clicking needs, and MP3 does matter a little bit though I have Transcend v630. But I don't want to carry both the devices simultaneously for just hanging out here and there.

Well, as for my budget I said, 15k, though I have nothing with me right now, and I'll be buying with CC, but thanks for @Dark Angel and @Gaurish and few others who opened my eyes with "How to and How not to use CC" :D

So presently I'm having my mind set for LG Optimus One, which is being recommended by max. guys at this budget, and the reviews are good too. So do you guys agree with me?? Should I go for LG Optimus One?? Or you want to recommend something other within this budget strictly as I can up my budget but won't because now I know, what hassle I may face later to pay the amount in installment later :p

So no C6-01 as it costs approx. 16k or Motorola Defy or Samsung Ace.

^ I would still say, go for ZTE Blade. It's better than Optimus one (Bigger screen, better resolution, cheaper), but no warranty. It's a perfect entry device to Android for anyone looking for a low cost phone and one of the very few 'value for money androids' out there. The bigger resolution does make a huge difference.

And yea, it does have excellent community support which brings it on par with Optimus One, as far as ROMS are concerned. We already have a very usable Cyanogen mod (Based on 2.3 Gingerbread) which will only get better with time.

ZTE Blade would have been the best choice if you could get it here, especially in Kolkata, you won't get it (I have tried). LG Optimus One for 12k would be the best device for you to have the pretty decent Android experience + the response of the device for the past 4 months has been really good. So I think you this is the one for you. But don't expect Gaming exp to be good. Like I didn't care, as I use my iPod Touch for mobile gaming.

Actually my first preference is ZTE Blade, because it looks way better than O1, but I'm little bit afraid as there will be no warranty, what if anything goes wrong??

I'm afraid of these rooting and Custom ROM and Custom Recovery things. Though I may get out of it, after I get my hands on it and read the tutorials carefully.

But availability is also a problem. I see a GO thread but the OP hardly comes only and responds to the thread :(

I don't think something can go wrong, unless you read the instructions carefully.

And about sourcing it, contact Varkey or try at Er0dov, there is a GO is been going on.

I would normally go for something with warranty even if it means I have to sacrify on some features. Gives you peace of mind...

So I would go for O1 if I were you

(though personally I would go for symbian...I don't like android)

krishnandu said:
Well, actually the story is, I'm not the one who changes phone now and then, but I can't control my lust for Android after seeing so many ZTE Blade's from the member's here.

So planned of getting one too. But came into confusion between Optimus One and ZTE Blade, which have nothing difference in specs except O1 is 3.2" screen and ZTE Blade has 3.5" screen. The main issue got into, ZTE Blade would have no warranty(though I don't care about it much, as so many member's are using it), need to rooted and install custom ROM to get Froyo, need to be unlocked, and importing it here is a little bit hassle.

Whereas O1 saves me from all above problems :p but ZTE Blade looks better.

Well, as I'm a Nokia fanboy, so just searching Nokia website casually and saw X6, C-6 and some other phones. Liked X6 most. Now again I got into confusion after seeing the specs, like it has LED Flash, 5MP Cam and everything that ZTE Blade has. Screen is 3.2" which is not a factor for me.

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so, not a big deal. Though I don't have a single penny with me right now, will be buying with CC and pay it in installment.

Please help, with your suggestions... :p

How is WP7 ones?? Will it come within my budget??
I know a lot of people still love Symbian and vouch for it, but I feel Android is way more superior as far as UI, apps and flexibility is concerned. But then, that's just me and my preference.

techmonk said:
@Pinga

Optimus one, galaxy 3, XCD35 and the new Galaxy Ace- all of these cost less than 15k and are way,way better than the Wildfire.. Heck! Even the Galaxy Pop( 9k) and Fit(10.3k) are better than Wildfire!!

Anyway, back to the topic.. Well Moto might just drop Defy's price to about 15-16k now that the Galaxy SL has been launched at 19k.. If that happens then you could blindly go for it.. It's way better than the Nokia C6-01( both software and hardware wise)..

O1 and Ace are not able to play avi files smoothly .Cant tell about defy but its over priced >15k.

As far as my knowledge android ,none of device <15k are able to play divx,avi files smoothly.

Also most of them are incapable of playing high graphic games like aspalt ,NFS,angree birds.

Any comments on that.

krishnandu said:
:lol: Guys....don't flame each other :p Stop the war :D

Pinga I'd say O1 is better buy than Wildfire(Though I don't own any and have not much knowledge, but this is what I came to know after reading reviews).
o1 is not able to play avi and most of high graphic games .Processor is poor compared to similar priced nokia phones.

pinga123 said:
O1 and Ace are not able to play avi files smoothly .Cant tell about defy but its over priced >15k.
As far as my knowledge android ,none of device <15k are able to play divx,avi files smoothly.
Also most of them are incapable of playing high graphic games like aspalt ,NFS,angree birds.
o1 is not able to play avi and most of high graphic games .Processor is poor compared to similar priced nokia phones.

Assumption?? according to gsmarena review O1 does play Xvid/DivX

gsmarena.com - O1 REVIEW said:
Anyway, there’s DivX/XviD support built-in to go along with the 3GP, MP4 and WMV support. It can only play videos up to a certain resolution – the largest video we managed to play had 640x360 resolution, while a VGA and D1 videos failed to play (with an unsupported resolution error).

The Optimus One couldn’t handle large files either but videos under 1GB should be fine. Otherwise things play smoothly with bitrate below 3Mbps.

Source - LG Optimus One P500 review: One and a half - GSMArena.com
Its sounds decent enough for people playing the ahem content...
Can any O1 user confirm the video player performance??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back