Confused Between Android and S^3

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu

Skilled
Well, actually the story is, I'm not the one who changes phone now and then, but I can't control my lust for Android after seeing so many ZTE Blade's from the member's here.

So planned of getting one too. But came into confusion between Optimus One and ZTE Blade, which have nothing difference in specs except O1 is 3.2" screen and ZTE Blade has 3.5" screen. The main issue got into, ZTE Blade would have no warranty(though I don't care about it much, as so many member's are using it), need to rooted and install custom ROM to get Froyo, need to be unlocked, and importing it here is a little bit hassle.

Whereas O1 saves me from all above problems :p but ZTE Blade looks better.

Well, as I'm a Nokia fanboy, so just searching Nokia website casually and saw X6, C-6 and some other phones. Liked X6 most. Now again I got into confusion after seeing the specs, like it has LED Flash, 5MP Cam and everything that ZTE Blade has. Screen is 3.2" which is not a factor for me.

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so, not a big deal. Though I don't have a single penny with me right now, will be buying with CC and pay it in installment.

Please help, with your suggestions... :p

How is WP7 ones?? Will it come within my budget??

pinga123 said:
Oooh I played NFS on my old 5800 and that was 3D too.Played Avi using 3rd party tool called UCPLayer .Next time you say something you better google.

Can u just point out just one thing that symbian can't do?

Lol!! I own a Nokia 5233.. I've tried different video players.. None of them play avi files smoothly. And NO! The NFS Shift game that you played on your 5800 was 2D!! The S60V5 devices from Nokia don't, and i repeat, DON'T have a GPU..

techmonk said:
@Compaddict: Most of the "100000 apps" do work on phones like O1, Ace, etc.. Only a few crappy phones like the Wildfire do not support some of the apps due to their limited processing power/ resolution.
Yes, but whats the fun running them in crawling hardware ?

@Krishna - O1.

hey have a look here - http://www.techenclave.com/phones-and-gadgets/sanfrancisco-orange-grey-oled-2-2-a-185329.html
happy64.gif

techmonk said:
Lol!! I own a Nokia 5233.. I've tried different video players.. None of them play avi files smoothly. And NO! The NFS Shift game that you played on your 5800 was 2D!! The S60V5 devices from Nokia don't, and i repeat, DON'T have a GPU..
You sir need to get coreplayer... try it and THEN tell whether avi worked or not. Also.. there are two versions of NFS floating around.. one is 2D and the other is most definitely 3D.

Pinga- First of all: the S60v5 phones have a horrible processor, just 128MB of ram( 65 Mb User accessible) and no GPU..

and the phones come under 6k

mention any sub 12k android phone with gpu which can be called a gpu :p

horrible processor, have you played NFS Hot Pursuit? It works and looks better than any game will on a 12k 240x320 android shit

EDIT: the game's in 3D

krishnandu said:
So guys O1 or ZTE Blade??
What do you do if your bad luck is good & Blade went wrong from first day or make you bald in worry what if something gone wrong with, better stick to 01, as price difference is not to high considering 01 comes with warranty.

krishnandu said:
Okies, then O1 is final. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thanks guys, everyone who gave valuable input which helped me decide this.

Guys, please now stop the war :p
Here on TE no WAR but every one want to give their best to help you choose best. :)

Nobody mentioned about the amazing sound quality of O1 with a decent pair of iem.I personally do not care about gsm arena graphs,almost all LG phones sound brilliant.Hope htc learn from them and stop churning out brilliant phones with pathetic s.q.

pinga123 said:
I will say you are smart .Now Prove it by cutting your head in two part :) Let your brain says it all.Dont forget to post video (Saw 8)
I dont have any thing to prove bro
Its your opinion that i am smart not mine
i'l take that as a compliment :p:p:p
For now lets stick to the topic
we can always make movies later and watch them on the phones being discussed and then decide which one is better :rofl:

Great choice .... as for movies, if you convert to DivX Mobile format it will play smoothly. But watching a movie on any screen below 4" is no fun; if you watch short videos or music vids then it's ok. I have so far tried more than 100 apps from Android Market & none had any problem running so someone was saying otherwise, don't believe it.

I have Cracked my S60v3 devices to install many apps & games, they were really good until iOS & Android arrived.

Best of luck with your purchase, you won't regret it. Also please ask the Mods to close the thread to avoid further battles :)

^^Ya thinking to do same. Mods close this thread if you think it's going beyond limit :)

Emperor said:
Here on TE no WAR but every one want to give their best to help you choose best. :)
Second that. But everyone trying to prove their own point starts flaming each other in some mins. :p

Wow this thread has satisfied my query on either to go for C7 or not. Seems that Symbian is not that bad as people make it out to be. While investing 16-17K , it is more important that phone has better features and it seems C7 or C6-01 are leading the line here with excellent Camera, Movie Player and navigation.

techmonk said:
You need to install ucplayer or core player.

I recommend you to use ucplayer.

took little long for me but watch it yourself

Nokia C7 symbian ^3 available for < 16000.

Game play is awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6wEtLmfl9U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVvu2yxVatw&feature=related

YouTube -

I know its N8 but you can play these games on C7 too.

YouTube - Nokia N8 - Games

Don't want to land you in dilemma but just proving what nokia hardware can do.

techmonk said:
@Pinga- First of all: the S60v5 phones have a horrible processor, just 128MB of ram( 65 Mb User accessible) and no GPU.. So, phones like O1 and Ace are way better, in terms of hardware, when compared to C6.. Moreover, it's the C6 that can't play avi files, not O1!! And the NFS Shift game you were talking about has 3D graphics in Android whereas it's 2D in S60v5. So, you can't compare the performance of O1 with C6!!

@Compaddict: Most of the "100000 apps" do work on phones like O1, Ace, etc.. Only a few crappy phones like the Wildfire do not support some of the apps due to their limited processing power/ resolution.
Hey dude get your stat right.

Check this yourself Nokia 5800 playing NFS that too in 3D.

YouTube - Need for Speed Shift on nokia 5800 XM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpeZYO13_Q&feature=related

You better google before making any comments.

I m damn sure you haven't played any Graphic games on Nokia S60V5 phones.

Better go to Wave II which has all stuffs you have mentioned above and the hardware is a piece of cake for the money you are spending in, it plays HD video out of the Box man, and BADA is developing people.... My friend got Wave II for 16500/- So you too can get it..

Yeah BADA is growing and actually showing better improvement according to me than Symbian^3, but Sammy needs more higher end bada devices and also, they need to make development for their android and bada phones do able with one go, cross-platform. If they do that, nothing can stop BADA..

. Symbian is garbage compared to Android ... end of story.
Good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back