Confused Between Android and S^3

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu

Skilled
Well, actually the story is, I'm not the one who changes phone now and then, but I can't control my lust for Android after seeing so many ZTE Blade's from the member's here.

So planned of getting one too. But came into confusion between Optimus One and ZTE Blade, which have nothing difference in specs except O1 is 3.2" screen and ZTE Blade has 3.5" screen. The main issue got into, ZTE Blade would have no warranty(though I don't care about it much, as so many member's are using it), need to rooted and install custom ROM to get Froyo, need to be unlocked, and importing it here is a little bit hassle.

Whereas O1 saves me from all above problems :p but ZTE Blade looks better.

Well, as I'm a Nokia fanboy, so just searching Nokia website casually and saw X6, C-6 and some other phones. Liked X6 most. Now again I got into confusion after seeing the specs, like it has LED Flash, 5MP Cam and everything that ZTE Blade has. Screen is 3.2" which is not a factor for me.

Budget is like 12k, can extend to 15k or so, not a big deal. Though I don't have a single penny with me right now, will be buying with CC and pay it in installment.

Please help, with your suggestions... :p

How is WP7 ones?? Will it come within my budget??

Sanav3 said:
Assumption?? according to gsmarena review O1 does play Xvid/DivX

Source - LG Optimus One P500 review: One and a half - GSMArena.com

Its sounds decent enough for people playing the ahem content...

Can any O1 user confirm the video player performance??

No assumption

Check it yourself

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/confused-between-lg-optimus-one-samsung-184479-3.html

if ace cant run avi then there is no point discussing over O1 as it has less processing power.

Playing avi is not enough as playback is very slow .Whats a point in watching movies when they appears as moving pictures.

Avi playback is not smooth.

Hardware is very poor compared to similar range nokia phones.

pinga123 said:
No assumption
Check it yourself

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/confused-between-lg-optimus-one-samsung-184479-3.html

if ace cant run avi then there is no point discussing over O1 as it has less processing power.
Playing avi is not enough as playback is very slow .Whats a point in watching movies when they appears as moving pictures.
Avi playback is not smooth.
Hardware is very poor compared to similar range nokia phones.
Theres another assumption there, Samsung ACE doesnt play with stock player and niether the third party players are tweaked for DivX/Xvid for ACE.
LG Optimus One plays DivX/Xvid out of the box (limited resolution), but please let a O1 user post his experience instead of just bashing sub 15K Android devices.

Even a galaxy 3 plays most of the DivX/Xvid content well, bcoz it was tweaked by Samsung and it has a 667 MHz proc.

The Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 packs a dedicated video player which supports both DivX and XviD. It handles DVD resolution just fine and that’s the resolution most DivX videos are in.

Source - http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5800_galaxy_3-review-502p6.php

Sanav3 said:
Theres another assumption there, Samsung ACE doesnt play with stock player and niether the third party players are tweaked for DivX/Xvid for ACE.

LG Optimus One plays DivX/Xvid out of the box (limited resolution), but please let a O1 user post his experience instead of just bashing sub 15K Android devices.

Even a galaxy 3 plays most of the DivX/Xvid content well, bcoz it was tweaked by Samsung and it has a 667 MHz proc.

Source - Samsung Galaxy 3 and Galaxy Apollo review: Galactic twins - GSMArena.com
The reason i m stressing 15k is because of the thread owner.

Please read the thread carefully as his budget can only extend up to 15k .So any suggestions >15k are baseless.

I would recommend you to please get your stats right.

There is no way O1 will be able to play avi files .Its as good as saying Machines < 256 ram can't run Windows 7. :)

I dont say android is bad but that doesnt mean it has superseded nokia.

pinga123 said:
The reason i m stressing 15k is because of the thread owner.
Please read the thread carefully as his budget can only extend up to 15k .So any suggestions >15k are baseless.

I would recommend you to please get your stats right.
There is no way O1 will be able to play avi files .Its as good as saying Machines < 256 ram can't run Windows 7. :)
I dont say android is bad but that doesnt mean it has superseded nokia.

I am not talking here about NOKIA vs ANDROID.. I will leave that to the fanbois.
Hardware can be tweaked with appropriate software, as a 667 Mhz Galaxy 3 can play divx videos as posted with facts from my previous post.
I am quoting facts from a respectable mobile review website and asking a O1 user from the community to respond for verification.

@pinga123

But you just seem to be repeating your first post over and over again without any facts, its not about me or you being right.
Its important to get the facts right.

Looking at thread, I think I should review a Symbian 3 device in 15k range. there are lot of doubts about S3 os and its capabilities. Its time to put that to test:D

Stay tuned!

Gaurish said:
Looking at thread, I think I should review a Symbian 3 device in 15k range. there are lot of doubts about S3 os and its capabilities. Its time to put that to test:D

Stay tuned!

Nokia C6-01 being the only option, waiting for your review :)

Sanav3 said:
I am not talking here about NOKIA vs ANDROID.. I will leave that to the fanbois.

Hardware can be tweaked with appropriate software, as a 667 Mhz Galaxy 3 can play divx videos as posted with facts from my previous post.

I am quoting facts from a respectable mobile review website and asking a O1 user from the community to respond for verification.

@pinga123

But you just seem to be repeating your first post over and over again without any facts, its not about me or you being right.

Ok lets get it very straight .Pick up any of your android phone and stick with it.Let compare it with C6.

I give you first tern.

Just treat it in positive manner ,It will be great fun .

@Gaurav:Just stay tuned.

pinga123 said:
O1 and Ace are not able to play avi files smoothly .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

o1 is not able to play avi and most of high graphic games .Processor is poor compared to similar priced nokia phones.
You're repeating this again and again without first hand knowledge :). I have a correction - I have an O1, and it DOES play DVD rips very well, smoothly, and without any frame lags. It does not play 720p content smoothly of course, but I can confirm it plays most DVDrip quality video.

Also refer to this post where a user has done some testing http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/lg-p500-discussion-thread-183410-2.html

Regarding games, I have played angry birds - it does slow down in physics heavy scenes. Games like turbofly 3D are fine.

Here's someone's video of NFS shift on O1 YouTube - Need For Speed Shift on LG Optimus One .

Sanav3 said:

@pinga123

Tweaking the phone will void the warranty .It may damage the Hardware parts as they are getting used beyond their capacity.

AK3D said:
You're repeating this again and again without first hand knowledge :). I have a correction - I have an O1, and it DOES play DVD rips very well, smoothly, and without any frame lags. It does not play 720p content smoothly of course, but I can confirm it plays most DVDrip quality video.

Also refer to this post where a user has done some testing http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/lg-p500-discussion-thread-183410-2.html

Regarding games, I have played angry birds - it does slow down in physics heavy scenes. Games like turbofly 3D are fine.

Here's someone's video of NFS shift on O1 YouTube - Need For Speed Shift on LG Optimus One .
Not impressed with NFS (Especially the Cam angle ).I m damn sure it will not be able to play Aspalt.

No such problems with C6 .

qwerty keypad Is great convenience (It just suck typing on touch screen phone. dont believe me just use nimbuzz to chat with two people at same time).

Hate LG when it comes to After sale service.

16M colors when compared to optimus one (256K).

Camera is 5 Mega Pixel

No frequent updates.(When in android every now and then there is a newer OS version and you end up regretting your decision)

Angry bird is only game which is not there in symbian v5 rest all are there.(Yes NFS too).

Nokia Hardware is so tough you can drop it several times and it will still work.

@pinga123, I do not want to turn this into a flame war, or an android vs nokia vs anyotheroperatingsystem discussion. I am merely pointing out (with my limited knowlege) what this phone is or isn't capable of doing. You kept insisting that it didn't play AVI files, I said it did.

pinga123 said:
Tweaking the phone will void the warranty .It may damage the Hardware parts as they are getting used beyond their capacity.

Not impressed with NFS (Especially the Cam angle ).I m damn sure it will not be able to play Aspalt.
No such problems with C6 .
qwerty keypad Is great convenience (It just suck typing on touch screen phone. dont believe me just use nimbuzz to chat with two people at same time).
Hate LG when it comes to After sale service.
16M colors when compared to optimus one (256K).
Camera is 5 Mega Pixel
No frequent updates.(When in android every now and then there is a newer OS version and you end up regretting your decision)
Angry bird is only game which is not there in symbian v5 rest all are there.(Yes NFS too).
Nokia Hardware is so tough you can drop it several times and it will still work.
Very well said about the ruggedness of nokia
just to shut everyone up,@pinga123 make a video of you banging the c6-01 hard on the floor,then pick it up and show it in the video that it works fine

that should prove your point for sure

I hate these Android Fanbois who brainwash buyers and end them up in sh1t :-/

i respect you

all these faindiots say is 100,000 apps and great OC...

dude cut 2 zeroes and you'll get the apps that will "actually" work on a sub-15k android phone. Plus, half of them are duplicates of one another,

@Pinga- First of all: the S60v5 phones have a horrible processor, just 128MB of ram( 65 Mb User accessible) and no GPU.. So, phones like O1 and Ace are way better, in terms of hardware, when compared to C6.. Moreover, it's the C6 that can't play avi files, not O1!! And the NFS Shift game you were talking about has 3D graphics in Android whereas it's 2D in S60v5. So, you can't compare the performance of O1 with C6!!

@Compaddict: Most of the "100000 apps" do work on phones like O1, Ace, etc.. Only a few crappy phones like the Wildfire do not support some of the apps due to their limited processing power/ resolution.

techmonk said:
@Pinga- First of all: the S60v5 phones have a horrible processor, just 128MB of ram( 65 Mb User accessible) and no GPU.. So, phones like O1 and Ace are way better, in terms of hardware, when compared to C6.. Moreover, it's the C6 that can't play avi files, not O1!! And the NFS Shift game you were talking about has 3D graphics in Android whereas it's 2D in S60v5. So, you can't compare the performance of O1 with C6!!

@Compaddict: Most of the "100000 apps" do work on phones like O1, Ace, etc.. Only a few crappy phones like the Wildfire do not support some of the apps due to their limited processing power/ resolution.

Oooh I played NFS on my old 5800 and that was 3D too.Played Avi using 3rd party tool called UCPLayer .Next time you say something you better google.

Can u just point out just one thing that symbian can't do?

Dark Prince said:
Very well said about the ruggedness of nokia

just to shut everyone up,@pinga123 make a video of you banging the c6-01 hard on the floor,then pick it up and show it in the video that it works fine

that should prove your point for sure

I will say you are smart .Now Prove it by cutting your head in two part :) Let your brain says it all.Dont forget to post video (Saw 8)

krishnandu said:
I guess, I need to change the thread name, and open a thread with Android Vs. S^3

PS : Symbian fanbois please don't flame me for not writing S^3 Vs. Android. :p
Lolz am not in to it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back