Confused between lenses of Lenskart

honest1

Adept
So I am browsing lenses for new specs and lenskart has these two variants. The only difference is the later one has BLU, which is their anti-blue light blocking coating.
So anyone has any experience about real life difference between these two variants?

1701517201040.png

1701517211620.png

I use the BLU. The lenses have a yellowish tint to them under bright sunlight. Works well when using a monitor (less strain on the eyes), is easier to clean, and is of good quality.

BLU is better, filters Blue light. Blue light from electronic devices are generally considered not good for eyes. If you don't use electronic devices much u can skip that.

I bought a pair of glasses with "BLU", apart from having an ever so slight yellow/pink-ish tint, there is no real evidence of it being useful. It's just a marketing gimmick to inflate the price. I believe UV protection would be much more useful, mainly if you work near windows or outdoors a lot. Anyways, Next time not falling for lenskart's extremely deceptive marketing, pricing and that god awful illusive copy-writing.

Last edited:
Blue light is not bad and blue light filter is just a marketing gimmick. What is the use in wearing blue light filter specs when using PC when the tube light in the same room throws abundant amount of blue light? Please do not fall for these gimmicks. I have Philips Twinglow tube in my work room. At night, I switch it to warm and that helps lot lot lot lot more than these gimmicks.

PS: Every bloody phone comes with blue light filter that can be automatically turned on. The same can be done on Windows as well. You do not have to pay extra for filer in lens.

Last edited:
Got it, there are absolutely two opinions here :)

However, apart from Lenskart, many others are also going big towards this blue light layer on their lens.
So if Lenskart is doing it as a marketing gimmick, others are actually doing it properly or that is also a marketing gimmick ?

Last edited:
Scam.
Saw a video sometime back in which a USA store selling blue lens agreed that it is just another useless feature which was confirmed by a Doctor from a US eye hospital. His simple reply was 'Sky is blue'.

However, apart from Lenskart, many others are also going big towards this blue light layer on their lens.
So if Lenskart is doing it as a marketing gimmick, others are actually doing it properly or that is also a marketing gimmick ?

when i used to be on whole-day deskwork some years back i had 'experimented' with a pair of such glasses quite extensively (at that time these were not available here via either lenskart or any other brand & were little-know or popular; some local opticians though would take order to make one for you but quality-wise didnt feel upto-the-mark); i had got those from a taiwan-based company iirc. my experience was these helped me with eye-fatigue rather very much by the end of the day (warmer tinge with the glasses on) as against bare-eyed monitor-viewing the whole day which'd give me eye-strain & headaches sometimes despite following the 20-20-20 rule; however they also induced a feeling of 'lethargy' if i kept them on for the whole or long time (a bit tough to explain), so i found the best way out for myself was to cycle between wearing these & viewing screens naked-eyed during the day.

So I am browsing lenses for new specs and lenskart has these two variants. The only difference is the later one has BLU, which is their anti-blue light blocking coating.
So anyone has any experience about real life difference between these two variants?
this might help.

Hi
My wife has one with BLU, not sure of it uses and what else. But one observation is that, if it has BLU applied, then you can't have anti fog applied to them (or so we were told 2 years ago when we got them). I live in a humid coastal area and she keeps complaining about the lenses fogging up during the rainy season. She now uses it with a small bottle of anti fog spray we got from the same store (around 130 or so, don't quote on the price), a temporary fix as she has to apply at least twice a day if she's planning to go out during the rainy season. Rest of the time did not see any special effect (good or bad).

Hi
My wife has one with BLU, not sure of it uses and what else. But one observation is that, if it has BLU applied, then you can't have anti fog applied to them (or so we were told 2 years ago when we got them). I live in a humid coastal area and she keeps complaining about the lenses fogging up during the rainy season. She now uses it with a small bottle of anti fog spray we got from the same store (around 130 or so, don't quote on the price), a temporary fix as she has to apply at least twice a day if she's planning to go out during the rainy season. Rest of the time did not see any special effect (good or bad).
There is better variant which includes BLU and anti-scratch and anti-fogging lens. I think that's the highest variant that Lenskart offers.

I'm using the lenskart highest variant lens specs (BLU/anti-scratch/anti-fogging/smudge) since close to 4.5yrs now.
The Blu thing does work very well but practically they last for a year or two depending on how you care for and clean the lenses else even in 6 months the coating is gone!
If your eyes are internally stressed due to lack of sleep, stress etc. then these no Blu red orange technology is going to help you so you need to keep your mental stress levels in check, get a good sleep and prevent eye strain by continuous screen exposures etc.

While their anti-fog is fine, anti-scratch is a gimmick and so is their anti-smudge is a total crap feature which never worked.

I went to my local spec store as well and he explained like lenskart, visonexpress, titan etc. all brands mostly outsource these lenses from a local vendor and affix their brand logo and price there are many who mfg these lenses otherwise and the impact and effect is same, its just that the brand costs more due to obvious brand value. In fact in local eye spec store you can get them for some 1.5k cheaper or so.

There is better variant which includes BLU and anti-scratch and anti-fogging lens. I think that's the highest variant that Lenskart offers.
This wasn't available when we got ours some 2+ years ago. We either had anti glare with some additional gimmick or anti fog on the top most tier (anti scratch was included in both). Anyhow my daughter just broke the pair I was talking about, so I think we'll be looking for another one shortly. I'll recommend her this lens. Thanks for the suggestion.

It’s just like milk powder that helps kid grow taller, cream that turns an African American into white European, pens that helps kid come 1st in exam and sanitary pads that helps one win running race. Anti scratch, smudge, UV and blue light are just gimmicks to make people pay more.

Different people will have different opinions. What I would suggest is that if the difference between the lenses are not huge then get the best eye care you can get. Your eyes are more precious than a few bucks.

Different people will have different opinions. What I would suggest is that if the difference between the lenses are not huge then get the best eye care you can get. Your eyes are more precious than a few bucks.
So the best one is 2X of the BLU one !
To be very frank, not inclined to spend too much at first go!

Local one's are quoting 4k for non blue one and Lenskart is giving 2 pairs for 5k, ( non blue ones).
Scam.
Saw a video sometime back in which a USA store selling blue lens agreed that it is just another useless feature which was confirmed by a Doctor from a US eye hospital. His simple reply was 'Sky is blue'.
gimmick is a gimmick irrespective of who does it.
Yeah, saw some video and it seems that this is actually a gimmick as during the day, we do need blue light for our brain to keep us awake and in the evening, if its about using laptop or mobile, they itself have blue light blockers!
But still different people have different views and experience but will drop the idea of getting BLU!

when i used to be on whole-day deskwork some years back i had 'experimented' with a pair of such glasses quite extensively (at that time these were not available here via either lenskart or any other brand & were little-know or popular; some local opticians though would take order to make one for you but quality-wise didnt feel upto-the-mark); i had got those from a taiwan-based company iirc. my experience was these helped me with eye-fatigue rather very much by the end of the day (warmer tinge with the glasses on) as against bare-eyed monitor-viewing the whole day which'd give me eye-strain & headaches sometimes despite following the 20-20-20 rule; however they also induced a feeling of 'lethargy' if i kept them on for the whole or long time (a bit tough to explain), so i found the best way out for myself was to cycle between wearing these & viewing screens naked-eyed during the day.
Yes, right. So out brain do need blue light during the day to remain active!

I'm using the lenskart highest variant lens specs (BLU/anti-scratch/anti-fogging/smudge) since close to 4.5yrs now.
The Blu thing does work very well but practically they last for a year or two depending on how you care for and clean the lenses else even in 6 months the coating is gone!
If your eyes are internally stressed due to lack of sleep, stress etc. then these no Blu red orange technology is going to help you so you need to keep your mental stress levels in check, get a good sleep and prevent eye strain by continuous screen exposures etc.

While their anti-fog is fine, anti-scratch is a gimmick and so is their anti-smudge is a total crap feature which never worked.

I went to my local spec store as well and he explained like lenskart, visonexpress, titan etc. all brands mostly outsource these lenses from a local vendor and affix their brand logo and price there are many who mfg these lenses otherwise and the impact and effect is same, its just that the brand costs more due to obvious brand value. In fact in local eye spec store you can get them for some 1.5k cheaper or so.
This is their hightest variant available for progressive lens type. Dont know whether BLU is there as its not mentioned anywhere. But the price is definitely 2x of the other variant!

1701557604190.png

At the end, I really dont know the quality of these lens and there is actually no way to find out which quality of lens they will be using !!!

Last edited:
So the best one is 2X of the BLU one !
To be very frank, not inclined to spend too much at first go!

Local one's are quoting 4k for non blue one and Lenskart is giving 2 pairs for 5k, ( non blue ones).

Yeah, saw some video and it seems that this is actually a gimmick as during the day, we do need blue light for our brain to keep us awake and in the evening, if its about using laptop or mobile, they itself have blue light blockers!
But still different people have different views and experience but will drop the idea of getting BLU!

Yes, right. So out brain do need blue light during the day to remain active!

This is their hightest variant available for progressive lens type. Dont know whether BLU is there as its not mentioned anywhere. But the price is definitely 2x of the other variant!

View attachment 184449
At the end, I really dont know the quality of these lens and there is actually no way to find out which quality of lens they will be using !!!
For an additional 1k you are getting an additional spec! Not a bad deal I guess, 1spec vs 2spec.

Back