Confused between Moto Defy n Motorola Milestone A853 aka Droid

zopeon

Disciple
Sep 10, 2009
Guys would like to buy them from letsbuy with rcom coupon :eek:hyeah: as soon as possible

but confused over which one to get :(

Feel I need the physical keyboard (always wanted it) but then the droid is very old n has 256MB ram n the defy is sturdy n has 512MB.

I read that I can overclock both to 1Ghz n since processor is same performance should be RAm dependent only. So any droid/Milestone users please enlighten.

Is the keyboard really worth it or should go with defy?

Thanks guys!

taher

Adept
Mar 4, 2008
hyderabad
zopeon said:
Guys would like to buy them from letsbuy with rcom coupon :eek:hyeah: as soon as possible

but confused over which one to get :(

Feel I need the physical keyboard (always wanted it) but then the droid is very old n has 256MB ram n the defy is sturdy n has 512MB.

I read that I can overclock both to 1Ghz n since processor is same performance should be RAm dependent only. So any droid/Milestone users please enlighten.

Is the keyboard really worth it or should go with defy?

Thanks guys!

iirc the rcom coupon expired in the end of april

zopeon

Disciple
Sep 10, 2009
taher said:
iirc the rcom coupon expired in the end of april

Couple of people are still able to get it to work. n even when i tried it with atm/debit it did show 2k less till the bank payment gateway, didnt proceed with it though but i guess it should work.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is the milestone 2 out in India??

dexBG

still fishing
Adept
Oct 1, 2009
The Defy is overall the sturdiest phone in the Market ..

I think that factor makes the decision a lot more easier.

The build and the ruggedness is what you will enjoy most with the defy everyday.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
pauldmps said:
And MM2 is not out in India & might never be.
MM2 is indeed out in India.. and letsbuy.com it was who got the phone on its site.

Currently out of stock and i dont think they got any plans to restock anytime soon.

zopeon

Disciple
Sep 10, 2009
Spacescreamer said:
MM2 is indeed out in India.. and letsbuy.com it was who got the phone on its site.

Currently out of stock and i dont think they got any plans to restock anytime soon.

Actually I did ask them n they said it was a milestone 1 repackage from motorola!!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
just a query -- does overclocking the moto defy cause the phone to heat up? Does overclocking affect the battery life? Does overclocking cause the warranty to be void?

nikolain

Disciple
Oct 4, 2009
Pune
www.svgtech.net
sunny27 said:
just a query -- does overclocking the moto defy cause the phone to heat up? Does overclocking affect the battery life? Does overclocking cause the warranty to be void?

To overclock any phone u need to ROOT it 1st, when u root, u void your warranty, overclocking will naturally consume more battery power, but the motorola Defy has a excellent software for it which balances battery power and speed, it only heats up by say 2 degree's

dexBG

still fishing
Adept
Oct 1, 2009
There is no such issue with heating up after overclocking.

I'm running it at 1Ghz with the same voltage setting.

You can underclock/overclock dynamically with a very simple app.

Since its always a software root so you can brick your phone when you give it for any servicing and they can't tell what happened.