Confused between Moto Defy n Motorola Milestone A853 aka Droid

zopeon

Disciple
Guys would like to buy them from letsbuy with rcom coupon :eek:hyeah: as soon as possible

but confused over which one to get :(

Feel I need the physical keyboard (always wanted it) but then the droid is very old n has 256MB ram n the defy is sturdy n has 512MB.

I read that I can overclock both to 1Ghz n since processor is same performance should be RAm dependent only. So any droid/Milestone users please enlighten.

Is the keyboard really worth it or should go with defy?

Thanks guys!

IMO, the keyboard is not worth the extra moolah. And on-screen keyboard is more than usable. Go for the Defy, its worth every penny.

zopeon said:
Guys would like to buy them from letsbuy with rcom coupon :eek:hyeah: as soon as possible

but confused over which one to get :(

Feel I need the physical keyboard (always wanted it) but then the droid is very old n has 256MB ram n the defy is sturdy n has 512MB.

I read that I can overclock both to 1Ghz n since processor is same performance should be RAm dependent only. So any droid/Milestone users please enlighten.

Is the keyboard really worth it or should go with defy?

Thanks guys!

iirc the rcom coupon expired in the end of april

taher said:
iirc the rcom coupon expired in the end of april

Couple of people are still able to get it to work. n even when i tried it with atm/debit it did show 2k less till the bank payment gateway, didnt proceed with it though but i guess it should work.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is the milestone 2 out in India??

The Defy is overall the sturdiest phone in the Market ..

I think that factor makes the decision a lot more easier.

The build and the ruggedness is what you will enjoy most with the defy everyday.

pauldmps said:
And MM2 is not out in India & might never be.
MM2 is indeed out in India.. and letsbuy.com it was who got the phone on its site.

Currently out of stock and i dont think they got any plans to restock anytime soon.

Spacescreamer said:
MM2 is indeed out in India.. and letsbuy.com it was who got the phone on its site.

Currently out of stock and i dont think they got any plans to restock anytime soon.

Actually I did ask them n they said it was a milestone 1 repackage from motorola!!

just a query -- does overclocking the moto defy cause the phone to heat up? Does overclocking affect the battery life? Does overclocking cause the warranty to be void?

Spacescreamer said:

That was a mistake from Letsbuy's end.

sunny27 said:
just a query -- does overclocking the moto defy cause the phone to heat up? Does overclocking affect the battery life? Does overclocking cause the warranty to be void?

To overclock any phone u need to ROOT it 1st, when u root, u void your warranty, overclocking will naturally consume more battery power, but the motorola Defy has a excellent software for it which balances battery power and speed, it only heats up by say 2 degree's

There is no such issue with heating up after overclocking.

I'm running it at 1Ghz with the same voltage setting.

You can underclock/overclock dynamically with a very simple app.

Since its always a software root so you can brick your phone when you give it for any servicing and they can't tell what happened.

Back