Contact lenses online deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Contact lenses online from Lensstreet

jainanshal said:
he he.. yeah! and initially its not that easy to put it into the eye as well so don't be disheartened :)

Ya...basically...

1. Place wet lens on index finger. Check hologram against light for correct direction.

2. Using middle finger+left hand : Stretch eye lids as far as possible. Watch Hellraiser to understand better.

3. Place lens on eye socket + suppress involuntary blink response.

4. Remove finger, and look DOWN once.

:)

asingh said:

2. Using middle finger+left hand : Stretch eye lids as far as possible. Watch Hellraiser to understand better...

LMFAO!

Seriously, it's much easier than most may imagine. In about 2 days, i was able to apply my lenses without even a mirror.

About your suggestion to try out a daily disposable set, i don't think those come in toric right?

Anyone used the coopervision frequency xcel toric? the regular ones, not the XR or high power whatever. The only review i could find online said they're crap. I know it differs from person to person, but would like some personal opinions.

^^

Yea, was just kind of stressing that the eye lids should be widened enough, to seat the lens. Once it touches the eyeball it self adheres anyways...!

You would know, of course. :)

Julian said:
Anyone used the coopervision frequency xcel toric? the regular ones, not the XR or high power whatever. The only review i could find online said they're crap. I know it differs from person to person, but would like some personal opinions.

Ordered one yesterday.. will update in few days.

asingh said:
^^

Yea, was just kind of stressing that the eye lids should be widened enough, to seat the lens. Once it touches the eyeball it self adheres anyways...!
Now you've got me wanting to watch the hellraiser series again! It's kinda too 'done-with' to watch again, but i keep remember bits and pieces from the movies now.

Attachments

• lens2.jpg
    lens2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 124

jainanshal said:

If you ordered from lenskart, you did use the 500 off coupon right?

Attachments

• lens2.jpg
    lens2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 128

I dont see Aquasoft solution in any of the sites to buy from. Can anyone please point me to a reliable link for getting the Aquasoft solution.

Btw, whats the difference in Renu Fresh and Renu Sensitive solutions?

Julian said:
If you ordered from lenskart, you did use the 500 off coupon right?

Absolutely. Just got mail from them, order shipped thru Bluedart... so i might receive it tomo itself.

Thanks Magnet for this thread :thumb:

Thanks to anshal as well for health kart link.:hap2:

dharmilstar said:
can we wear contact lens and drive or is it not recommended?

I do travel with lens without any zero number frame.But if you drive bike.Its strictly recommended to get eye cover zero number frame .As dust in eye with lens causes lot of irritation and burning issue.

Aquasoft is a local company and mainly available through retailer.Also they are priced 290 something for 720ml and i guess there is not much margin with sites hence they dont push through it.

Even solo is good if you can get it.I personally had trouble with renu.If one doesnt have any such issue go ahead with it.

Hi Guys,

Before i order a lens on healthkart.com. I have couple of n00b questions :p

AFAIK, there is a difference between the power of glasses and power of contact lens. Correct me if wrong.

So, while ordering online from healthkart.com, should i order the lens as prescribed in the doctor prescription or should i go to a local dealer to convert it to equivalent contact lens power ?

ramanujpatro said:
Hi Guys,

Before i order a lens on healthkart.com. I have couple of n00b questions :p

AFAIK, there is a difference between the power of glasses and power of contact lens. Correct me if wrong.

So, while ordering online from healthkart.com, should i order the lens as prescribed in the doctor prescription or should i go to a local dealer to convert it to equivalent contact lens power ?

Personally being a myopic i used to get lens with power 0.25 less than what prescribed.

It was the shop owner who said it to me.I am not sure.

But yest 1 thing is sure specs number and number of contact differs.Best is to get number from an eye doctor and than ask himself directly i will get lenses will same number applies or it differs.Try to be as noobish as you can.Just pretend you hate glasses and want to try contact.Mostly all docs have shops around there store or hospital and they recommend same as they can get margin on the sale too.

Posted this earlier, got this chart from lenskart.com

toric_1.jpg

Ordered a pair of Tropic lenses from healthkart.com. It was shipped yesterday via DTDC PLUS.

Shipping info and all was updated correctly. Now when I just checked, the status became "DOOR LOCKED", when he did not even come over for the shipment. Asked the watchman for the same and he to confirmed no DTDC fellow had come in the building today...

So can someone please tell how to contact them cause this is a clear case of Forging the entries of shipment.

I hope he delivers them tomorrow...

lida said:
Ordered a pair of Tropic lenses from healthkart.com. It was shipped yesterday via DTDC PLUS.

Shipping info and all was updated correctly. Now when I just checked, the status became "DOOR LOCKED", when he did not even come over for the shipment. Asked the watchman for the same and he to confirmed no DTDC fellow had come in the building today...

So can someone please tell how to contact them cause this is a clear case of Forging the entries of shipment.

This is the best excuse these courier guys have, other oone is Consignee Address incorrect. :mad:

The thing is they have to put some status on to their portal once its scanned out for delivery and this is what they update if he has some personal work.

Happened with me a dozen time and that too from Bluedart :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Julian said:
Posted this earlier, got this chart from lenskart.com

toric_1.jpg

Thanks mate :)

lida said:

I am pretty sure you ordered 'Toric lenses', not 'Tropic' :p ;)

DTDC it is.. so perfectly normal! He'll surely come tomorrow or may be the day after but will deliver... so relax :)

MAGNeT said:
Personally being a myopic i used to get lens with power 0.25 less than what prescribed.

It was the shop owner who said it to me.I am not sure.

But yest 1 thing is sure specs number and number of contact differs.Best is to get number from an eye doctor and than ask himself directly i will get lenses will same number applies or it differs.Try to be as noobish as you can.Just pretend you hate glasses and want to try contact.Mostly all docs have shops around there store or hospital and they recommend same as they can get margin on the sale too.

Asked a CC guy at lenskart and he replied, to place the order as prescribed by doctor and they will take care of that.

Thing is can we trust these CC guys :S

Next time i visit a doctor, have to ask these noobish questions :p

jainanshal said:

You get/try those lenses yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back