Contact lenses online deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Contact lenses online from Lensstreet

eXcesscaLIBER said:
For contacts.. Purevison HD are amazing.

720p or 1080p ? :p j/k LOL

jainanshal said:
Till now I was thinking that 30-day continuous wear are not yet available in India!!

I found them on B&L website but couldn't find an explicit mention saying something like, "need not be removed for as long as a month", can you direct me somewhere which explains this in detail? Also, how did you get them for 821?

They're made of Balafilcon A and are approved extended wear by the US FDA. But a lot of people say that it's dangerous to use lenses for extended periods because to some extent they will reduce oxygen availability to the cornea and also there is always the risk of infection.

Bausch & Lomb Pure Vision Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses

821 is a crazy price !

eXcesscaLIBER said:
^ haven't heard good reviews so far.. stay with standard solution.

For contacts.. Purevison HD are amazing. Got a box (6 contacts) for 821/- and haven't removed contacts since 3 weeks now. These are monthly disposables and need not be removed for as long as a month :) +1 to comfort.. and no issues as all

Can u plz tell from where u hav bought this Purevision HD lenses for 821rs ???

Also these lenses can be weared all day & all night(during sleep also) ???

Earlier the US FDA would approve continuous wear only for 7 days, but now, with newer lenses, they allow 30 days of continous wear. (dunno how much j&j and b&l paid them to say that though ;))

Personally, i wouldn't risk wearing lenses for more than 2 days with one night in between, unless it an emergency or something.

^^

How can you sleep with the lenses on..?

The new extended wear materials are approved for sleeping in. They allow enough oxygen to reach the cornea (6x older materials) or so they say. And a lot of people have slept in older lenses too, some with no issues.

asingh said:
^^

How can you sleep with the lenses on..?
I sometimes do, although accidentally, but yes i do..

Julian said:

Even i asked the same question when i first an advt hoarding of it! :p

I saw lenskart and healthkart both, but what i am looking for is some official page (not a sales page) which says that this particular lens can be wore continuously for 30 days. B&L website says 30 days disposable but not that they can be used continuously.

Julian said:
The new extended wear materials are approved for sleeping in. They allow enough oxygen to reach the cornea (6x older materials) or so they say. And a lot of people have slept in older lenses too, some with no issues.

Not tried the new stuff. But I wear the daily disposal by J&J. Even if I sleep for like 10 mins -- they get so dry in the eye, and hurt bad. Need to pour Renu fluid to revive.

There's a lot of difference between the Silicone Hydrogels themselves as to how they react and behave. Can't even compare products from the same brand. The new purevision hds are balafilcon i think, which has an extremely low rate of dehydration, while j&j dailies are erafilcon.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Here's another person using purevison hd for 3 weeks with weekly cleaning.

PureVison 2 in HD - Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101

I have used purevision(not HD) in past and they did feel dry after a continuous wear of a couple of days.. but these new ones are simply great. And yes, no need to remove at nights !

Have been wearing contacts since more than a decade now so I guess I can understand the difference pretty well.. These HD ones work just like they promise and when i think, the Halo/glares have disappeared.. + they are quite comfy. I would however strongly recommend staying in dust free environment if planning for the extended wear. Very Important. If you cannot avoid dust, example travel with windows rolled down and without sunglasses, then better remove them daily.

As for the price, these were available on healthkart for 921 in September and I used 100 off coupons. Placed orders individually. and by the way i received 1 extra lens with each box in this price :)

You can use the coupons as below -

place first order using one of the referral codes like mine: MAULIKSHETFC4T6 (Pass this coupon code to your friends and family. They get a Rs. 100 discount on their first purchase* at healthkart.com and you get reward points worth Rs. 100 in your account for your referral*.)

for the second box, use a coupon code like HK100CD (100 off 300).

They seem to have increased the price to 1098 though so you would get at 998 now :(

About eXtended wear i had similar concerns but if Purevision (regular) are certified for extended wear of 30 continuous days, then there is no question of Purevision HD not qualifying for the same. I mean just wear them and you'll realize !

How long in a day Can I wear my Contact lenses?

A conventional lens can be worn for 10-12 hours while the disposable lenses can be worn for a longer duration like 14-16 hours or practically to say “all waking hoursâ€. There is also a category known as Continuous wear category( e.g. - PureVision) in which one can wear lenses for a duration of 30 days without removal & external care. ( Contact lens wearing time in a day is dependent upon the amount of Oxygen which the lens allows to reach your eye. Depending upon the water content & Central thickness of the lens the duration of wear differs.)

source: Bausch + Lomb - Bringing Visionary Ideas To Eye Health

Cheers for the info mate.

Healthkart seems to be 400 bucks cheaper than lensstreet and lenskart for these lenses. sux because lenskart has a 500 off 1000 coupon.

also sux that the hd aren't available in toric.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i heard they're exceptionally thinner than usual lenses and some people had issues with handling and tearing them.

also, did you feel the need to take them off and rub them (with solution) to remove deposits?

^ they are thin and possibly prone to tears but I touched them just one time to wear! Haven't found a need yet to rub, seems sleeping at night replenishes it!!

i am planning to buy stuff from lensstreet.com
i need to buy from lensstreet only and so would like to know the reviews of this site and whether any risks are associated with it?

Got my Frequency xcel torics from lenskart yesterday! Ordered on the 19th, shipped via blue dart.

Came with a free aqua soft 60ml MPS and a lens case.

One strange thing is that i got very different batches for the left and right eye. Probably because my power's kinda wierd. Anyway, one box is light lavender and expires 2014/08, the other is a deep lavender (purple? lol) and expires 2016/06.

Now i can't find my old sunglasses and will need to buy a pair before i can use these. The damn air is so polluted and dusty, my eyes are suffering enough without lenses.

Hey same happ with me too... forgot to report this point earlier. Also, since the expiry in either case is nowhere soon... didn't give it much importance. Anyways, how are you finding them?

Haven't tried em yet, as i said i'm too freaked out by the dust too wear em without sunglasses. i can open them and wear em at home, but then if i don't wear them out, that'll be a waste.

I got a Khojguru Coupon of 500rs off on 1000 above orders.

Before ordering, i checked prices of CL @ local store.
They are asking 845rs for 3 pairs, totalling 1600rs(after discount frm shopkeeper) for 6 pairs.
While same on lenskart, after applying coupon coming to be 760rs for same 6 pairs.

I m in doubt whether to order or not, deal look fishy to me. Aren't they selling expired, damaged or low quality lenses on websites. Please reply.
Also which solution should i buy with this B&L pair.
I m using lenses 2nd time.

Thanks

Go for it man, local dealers have insane margins, which is why their rates are higher comparitively. Lenskart is awesome. Except for the HD.

Typically, in a couple of days.

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who shared the khojguru coupons for lenskart. I was really surprised at the speed and efficency of their service. I got the lens withing 3 days of ordering, that too diwali was one of those days. :)

Secondly i've been using only johnson&johnson acuve 30 day lens for almost 5 years, and i've found them to be good. I was surprised to see the huge price difference between acuve and B&L59, which almost costs double. Any reason why B&L are expensive? I've always had problems using their Renu solution, so i never bothered about their products. Also Acuve has UV protection which B&L doesn't have. So i'm surprised as to why the B&L are expensive.

Regards,

Nj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back