Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

[mention]red dragon [/mention]
Your views on black fungus. From what I read, seems pretty scary. I see things written like who had taken oxygen are high Risk of this, somewhere else I see people who took steroids who have suppressed immune system are prone to this.

[mention]red dragon [/mention]
Your views on black fungus. From what I read, seems pretty scary. I see things written like who had taken oxygen are high Risk of this, somewhere else I see people who took steroids who have suppressed immune system are prone to this.
Is it mucormycosis ? It can't be very common. Don't worry about it.
Sure, mucormycosis can be very serious with involvement of vision etc.beside lung damage, it's probably not a very common condition.
I've worked extensively with HIV-AIDS patients, even in them it's not very common, and it's a potentially treatable condition.
Our medical fraternity's obsession with " evidence beaded medicine" will destroy this profession eventually.
What is evidence? Some peer reviewed journals? Where data collection and calculations were done by a bunch of idiots who think mean, median and mode is everything in statistics? Evidence gathered by pharma companies like Pfizer who made Lipitor the wonder drug?
Thankfully people from proper science, statistics and mathematics are reviewing these world acclaimed papers and showing the world what kind of idiots doctors are ( ofcourse I'm included)
This profession can only be saved by people from proper scientific background.
Being a statistician myself ( beside another brain dead doctor) I just can't comprehend more than 90 percent of medical studies.
BTW, who is Mr. Sonu Sood? Google shows he's a Bollywood guy. Why does he need to speak to us!!?? How did he get our numbers?

Last edited:
> BTW, who is Mr. Sonu Sood? Google shows he's a Bollywood guy. Why does he need to speak to us!!?? How did he get our numbers?

He is a Bollywood actor who is helping people suffering from Covid19 related issues in a big way.

He have done tremendous support to people, sometimes reportedly worked better than many political leaders, gets support from lot of people. Intricacies on how this all works in the background is up to speculation.

However, generally considered and known as the best support for people now in this desperate situation, than for his Bollywood acting career.

Last edited:
BTW, who is Mr. Sonu Sood? Google shows he's a Bollywood guy. Why does he need to speak to us!!?? How did he get our numbers?
Damn. But yea what @Prole73 said. On the outset it looks like Bollywood guy doing his bit to help. He also helped a lot of people last year during the migrant crisis, arranging transportation, food and shelter for those stuck in cities and unable to return to their villages.

Sonu Sood is indeed a bollywood celeb but he's been helping many people since last year. Truly the "of deeds and not mere words" kind of person seeing his activities in this crisis. He's doing good work in this difficult times.
Though I'm curious what he wants to talk about.

> not scared of any political parties at all. That's all I can tell.

Some say he is undercover for national ruling party supplanted by pmcares fund and under their patronage. So, he obviously don't need to be scared of any political party.

May be he is a genuine guy with appropriate connections. But, there it is.

> not scared of any political parties at all. That's all I can tell.

Some say he is undercover for national ruling party supplanted by pmcares fund and under their patronage. So, he obviously don't need to be scared of any political party.

May be he is a genuine guy with appropriate connections. But, there it is.
That's a pretty wild conspiracy theory lol. Also ahah pmcares fund for just one guy? I highly doubt. Maybe he is under their patronage, but pmcares is too big to just supplant one guy (and maybe others as well). Don't know what's up with PMCARES, except that it's pretty shady and no one knows how the funds are being spent, and the government refuses to share that data as well.

> Also ahah pmcares fund for just one guy?

He may be just one of the guys. Who knows. But, so goes rumors.

btw. Till the date he is doing good humanatarian work, well and fine. In this trying times, that is rare to see than meekly attention seekers from the industry he is from.

Well, I barely know this person. But he definitely is not connected with the ruling party. That's the first thing he clarified. He just requested us to join his network and asked for some references...that's it. One of my friends asked him pretty bluntly about the fundings (we have been very cautious about our dealings off late) , he sold some of his properties in Juhu Mumbai to raise the initial funds, later bollywood people contributed and they still do but to be remained anonymous.
Thinking of hiring a lawyer against Mumbai airport authority...we didn't bring in those drugs illegally, some people may get benefitted from them.

I had a chance to attend a session of Dr. Peter Piot (microbiologist), got the opportunity to ask a question too. I did ask him if getting vaccinated in the face of the raging infection all over is a good idea. He was of the opinion that we should get the vaccination nonetheless. We should not delay it, get it as soon as it is available (while taking all the necessary precautions).

Hahaha tab tak toh India mein khatm ho jayegi vaccine ki baat bhi [emoji23]

At least covid should have made some concession that once you are infected you have antibodies and can't be infected again

I'm most likely positive will know tomorrow, this would have been one silver lining at least if it couldn't happen once again
With new variants popping up every few months here even the vaccine may need changes in the future

The system has broken completely, at least in kolkata, we travelled all across kolkata last night including 2 major burning ghats and 3 burial grounds.
This can't go on, I'm pretty sure at least a million have already passed away in India if not a lot more.
Now in this situation, where we obviously can't treat all the sick patients, India must take a dangerous step of rapidly vaccinating everyone everywhere with whatever vaccine it has and beg/ borrow or steal from other countries.
If money is the problem, please let the states arrange for donations only for vaccine procurement.
Lots of Indian residing outside is ready to help but not in PMCares fund.
By God's grace, many of us residing outside India have the means and willingness to give away most of our savings in this unprecedented crisis, but we just can't due to a complete joker siting at the top and hindering everything.
BTW, Mr. Sood cleared up our stock of medications from airport authority overnight!! He's just an amazing guy.

Last edited:
The system has broken completely, at least in kolkata, we travelled all across kolkata last night including 2 major burning ghats and 3 burial grounds.
This can't go on, I'm pretty sure at least a million have already passed away in India if not a lot more.
Now in this situation, where we obviously can't treat all the sick patients, India must take a dangerous step of rapidly vaccinating everyone everywhere with whatever vaccine it has and beg/ borrow or steal from other countries.
If money is the problem, please let the state's arrange for donations only for vaccine procurement.
Lots of Indian residing outside is ready to help but not in PMCares fund.
By God's grace, many of us residing outside India have the means and willingness to give away most of our savings in this unprecedented crisis, but we just can't due to a complete joker siting at the top and hindering everything.
BTW, Mr. Sood cleared up our stock of medications from airport authority overnight!! He's just an amazing guy.
People will not get caught up with his name as to what he is before COVID and what he is been doing now. Political background or not, the name itself is like connection. Also happy to hear that the medication is now cleared. Airport authority are either been strict or were trying to ge some sort of personal benefits it seems. If possible just casually ask Mr. Sood what went wrong on the airport due to which this happens.
By the way any ideas on how to dominate over family especially parents when it comes to talks in health and all. Sunte hi nahi he :banghead:

Back