Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

By the way any ideas on how to dominate over family especially parents when it comes to talks in health and all. Sunte hi nahi he :banghead:
i have the same problem. i just extreme track them. like micro management. includes issuing threats along the way. not a fool proof way but works to some extent.

Anyone can do, but need to follow FCRA rules
1620630878491.png

In case you hit a paywall go to chrome://settings/siteData and clean up cookies from thehindu in the search box.

1620631117918.png

Is it mucormycosis ? It can't be very common. Don't worry about it.
Sure, mucormycosis can be very serious with involvement of vision etc.beside lung damage, it's probably not a very common condition.
I've worked extensively with HIV-AIDS patients, even in them it's not very common, and it's a potentially treatable condition.
Mucormycosis is becoming common in covid patients.Got 4 msg yesterday where covid patients have lost sensation on face and were not able to open eyes.what is cause of this?if it is not common.even ENT who operated patient also told he had seen mucormycosis case once in year and now their are lots of cases coming.

I have no basis for this, just randomly guessing - but I suspect one of the entities in the oxygen supply chain could have been contaminated. We saw no cases of mucormycosis in the first wave, even then there were hospitalizations. Now 100s of companies who may or may not thoroughly follow medical protocols are part of the supply chain, over and above there is a shortage of manpower.

I have no basis for this, just randomly guessing - but I suspect one of the entities in the oxygen supply chain could have been contaminated. We saw no cases of mucormycosis in the first wave, even then there were hospitalizations. Now 100s of companies who may or may not thoroughly follow medical protocols are part of the supply chain, over and above there is a shortage of manpower.
I remember seeing news regarding deadly fungal infection during the first wave too

I remember seeing news regarding deadly fungal infection during the first wave too
Well, then my hypothesis goes out of the window.
I didn't remember any mucormycosis cases in the first wave, maybe it didn't make the news, or I wasn't paying attention.

Goa To Start Using Drug Shunned By US Regulator For Covid Treatment

While Ivermectin does not prevent infection, it reduces the severity of the illness, Goa Public Health Minister Vishwajit P Rane said today.

Well, then my hypothesis goes out of the window.
I didn't remember any mucormycosis cases in the first wave, maybe it didn't make the news, or I was't paying attention.
Depends on if you consider December as first wave. I remember seeing them even before December but I can only find December news links regarding it.

So @red dragon I told my mom about those vitamins and she was on fire...at me lol. To summarize the whole convo she said your claims were bs and I a fool to believe you. :hilarious:
BTW what is your opinion on the different kinds of sanitizers available here? Are they all effective? Or do you have any recommendation? I'm not convinced of the effectiveness of ALL of them because many of them were made in haste last year and obviously to make quick money since all departmental stores ran out of sanitizers so much that many people also used spirit as an alternative.
And another question, what kind of patient needs oxygen can? How serious does the patient need to be? And can a patient who needs oxygen be active physically or feel free?

@iPwnz , please don't confuse your parents even more, they are doing all this just to protect their families.
I lost both my parents years ago and seriously wish to have someone doing the exact same thing your parents are doing around me. This is family mate, the most precious thing one can have. Please don't hurt their sentiments. Having a few zinc/ vitamin C tablets won't harm you!! Which NE state are you from BTW? Always wanted to travel there, but beyond Guwahati and Shilong, never had a chance. Another thing in yhe bucket list.
Sorry, no idea about sanitizers. For last one year we are using what's provided by 3M, it smells like alcohol. I have seen some other alcohol swabs back home, but don't know/ remember any brand.
My job requires handwashing with soap frequently, so sanitizers are not much of use to me. Other than me everyone carries a bottle with them, they are probably all 3M, but I'm not sure.

If one can, just go to the nearest paint shop which has an 'explosives license'. They should stock 99% pure alcohol (1% methanol so people don't drink it). Before CoVID, I used to get it for around 85/L. Thankfully, I had a 20L can when CoVID hit. I just dilute it with water to achieve a 70% concentration. Also, all through the pandemic, I probably only used a litre in total. I prefer using soap for handwash and since I wasn't going out much, I eventually ended up using very less sanitizer.

@red dragon haha you are right. I think they are so worried they've become somewhat paranoid.
Anyway what about this?
And another question, what kind of patient needs oxygen can? How serious does the patient need to be? And can a patient who needs oxygen be active physically or feel free?
Btw guys I asked about the sanitizers because they are all different in pricing. There are also many local ones nowadays which claim to follow the "WHO standard" of the chemical constituents. But the pricing is what made me ask. Are the sanitizers with a "good scent" (I think Himalaya or another brand has it) okay to use as long as the chemicals used are in the right proportion?

A humble request to you all. I have given phone numbers of some very crucial doctors with expertise in ECMO in Kolkata through PM.
PLEASE request your present treating doctors to call/ communicate with them. Please DO NOT call them as family members.
Firstly, it would be of no help as the ECMO doc will need tecnical details, lab results, CT films etc.
Secondly, they are really busy.
Please tell your treating doctors to prepare a PROPER case summary with relevant information and WhatsApp that to the numbers I've given you.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THEM YOURSELF FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS.

Back