Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

There's a way to get the notification when CoWin registrations open up on Telegram.

https://under45.in/

Change the name of the city in the first URL to yours. Tested with delhi and bengaluru so far.

1620719590414.png

I know this works as I got notifications from both channels today morning.

P.S. I don't know how many of us will pay any heed to this request but here goes-

2 of my colleagues (one from B'lore and one from Kolkata) died .One was 36 and another 39. Both leave behind young kids.

I would urge folks with no children to wait for a bit and not clog up the queue right away. I myself didn't book the slots and I am planning for 3rd week of June for my 1st shot.

I know its a bit of a ruthless math but desperate times call for desperate measures.

There's a way to get the notification when CoWin registrations open up on Telegram.

https://under45.in/

Change the name of the city in the first URL to yours. Tested with delhi and bengaluru so far.

View attachment 105335

I know this works as I got notifications from both channels today morning.

P.S. I don't know how many of us will pay any heed to this request but here goes-

2 of my colleagues (one from B'lore and one from Kolkata) died .One was 36 and another 39. Both leave behind young kids.

I would urge folks with no children to wait for a bit and not clog up the queue right away. I myself didn't book the slots and I am planning for 3rd week of June for my 1st shot.

I know its a bit of a ruthless math but desperate times call for desperate measures.
Thanks a ton for sharing this. Was looking for some sort of an alert system for cowin registrations but it seems quite sporadic and unpredictable. And I was actually thinking of similar stuff you said, having heard about many of my dad's colleagues :/ , planning to take shots after my college term ends after this month for the same reason. Hopefully pfizer or moderna are approved by then and available, tho I don't mind taking covishield

Thanks a ton for sharing this. Was looking for some sort of an alert system for cowin registrations but it seems quite sporadic and unpredictable. And I was actually thinking of similar stuff you said, having heard about many of my dad's colleagues :/ , planning to take shots after my college term ends after this month for the same reason. Hopefully pfizer or moderna are approved by then and available, tho I don't mind taking covishield

There's this bot too which allows you to set your pincode/ district as well

I recently received a call from a senior anaesthesiologist, a family friend who works at a large private hospital in Mumbai. He said he was becoming abnormally aware of his heartbeat over the last two months. Then the anxiety kicked in — he could not intubate a severely ill Covid-19 patient in the critical care unit. In his 35-year career, this had never happened. He froze, and another doctor had to take over. A sense of guilt continued to loom over him, and that’s when he called me, a psychiatrist.

Following an initial assessment over Skype, I determined that he was having a form of clinical anxiety. I put him in touch with a therapist who handled the non-pharmacological part of the illness. I started him on a short-term, low-dose anxiolytic. With medication and therapy sessions, he was soon able to gain control of his debilitating anxiety. This is just one incident – I have lost count of the number of people who have been reaching out to our organisation for help lately. When I checked about this with other colleagues, they also had similar stories to tell. In India’s second Covid wave, the toll on our healthcare professionals seems to be far worse. Especially when it comes to their mental health. This phenomenon was not seen to this extent in the first wave. In the second wave, along with Covid-19 patients, healthcare professionals are also feeling helpless. I recently read that a resident doctor at a private hospital in Delhi died by suicide allegedly due to the frustrating situation he had to face on a daily basis. He had to deal with seven to eight critical patients every day in the Covid ward. He is survived by his two-month pregnant wife.
Among most doctors, nurses and hospital staff, chronic exhaustion, pandemic fatigue, feelings of isolation, loneliness, lack of opportunity to grieve, and inadequate closures are setting in. More and more are reaching out for help.

@red dragon our local area committee have been requested by the govt to send some volunteers for covid related purposes and I'm amongst some who have been named to take part it in (which I can deny of course). What precautions should one take? You are there in the frontline so I thought it would be best to directly ask someone in the know. I think the volunteers will be tasked to assist the health care personnel all over.

@red dragon our local area committee have been requested by the govt to send some volunteers for covid related purposes and I'm amongst some who have been named to take part it in (which I can deny of course). What precautions should one take? You are there in the frontline so I thought it would be best to directly ask someone in the know. I think the volunteers will be tasked to assist the health care personnel all over.
I though you were a business man :angelic:

Talked to my friend who has covid. He never looked like the way he did. Video call, but he wasn't speaking much. He looked like he aged 10 years. I quote "life mein pehli baar aisi phati hai. Thak gaya hoon khaas khaas ke" (First time in life have I been so miserable. Tired of coughing) . and to top it he lost his 40 year old cousin, who leaves behind 2 young children. This is the pandemic we feared..

Talked to my friend who has covid. He never looked like the way he did. Video call, but he wasn't speaking much. He looked like he aged 10 years. I quote "life mein pehli baar aisi phati hai. Thak gaya hoon khaas khaas ke" (First time in life have I been so miserable. Tired of coughing) . and to top it he lost his 40 year old cousin, who leaves behind 2 young children. This is the pandemic we feared..
This is what pisses me off. These buggers placed orders for the first time on January 2021 that too for 15.5 Million doses i.e. only for 75 lakh people.

SII had done the tech and knowledge transfer from Astrazeneca in the middle of last year even before it was approved.

Source-

Now look at US and the amounts they paid out starting mid last year for the vaccines in Operation Warp Speed.

1620756002388.png

Source-

We are poor and hence we cannot bet on 6 horses at the same time but if you tell me that we couldn't place our bet on even one horse then I will tell you to piss off with your Rafales and Sukhois and the delusion of being a bloody superpower.

On top of that if the govt. had said last year that this 50/50 centre/state arrangement will be set up then at least some of the states would have placed their own orders.

Maharashtra has as budget of 33k crores for BMC alone. They sure could have afforded that.

Not sure about the authenticity of the content but what's mentioned there is the standard treatment here for home quarantined people, I got similar meds minus vitamin d, betadine gargle.

SII had done the tech and knowledge transfer from Astrazeneca in the middle of last year even before it was approved.
Oxford did the research. SII did the production. Astrazeneca added no value

Actually Oxford was to "open source" its vaccine, but later handed it over under pressure to Astrazeneca which acquired the patent rights without doing any research on the vaccine

Oxford did the research. SII did the production. Astrazeneca added no value

Actually Oxford was to "open source" its vaccine, but later handed it over under pressure to Astrazeneca which acquired the patent rights without doing any research on the vaccine
Is that true? Would love to see some news articles of credible sources.

Is that true? Would love to see some news articles of credible sources.
https://fortune.com/2020/08/24/oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-deal-pricing-profit-concerns/
It says:
Oxford—urged on by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation—reversed course. It signed an exclusive vaccine deal with AstraZeneca that gave the pharmaceutical giant sole rights and no guarantee of low prices—with the less-publicized potential for Oxford to eventually make millions from the deal and win plenty of prestige

I don't blame people. Asking family members 30-40k for crematorium services, especially those who are daily wage earners, lost their livelihood during pandemic is just too much for them. Better to dispose corpses where it's inexpensive.

Back