Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Exactly, micro-containment is left upto states depending on what they want to allow or restrict.
The govt s didn't learn crap.
With such huge population, pathetic awareness levels of the public, and the shittiest politics of this country, things weren't given any thoughts at all.

They didn't plan anything, didn't make any concrete sop to tackle the situation.

Last years lockdown helped immensely and contained the disease but no advance preparations were done.

Its sad but true that India and Indians aren't suitable for democracy, after independence for next 20 to 50 years there should have been a dictatorship in our country so that people could actually learn to work dedicatedly.. ( just my opinion)

Democracy with this literacy and poverty level is a joke here.

LOL - Dictatorship, not the answer though.
Not now, but when we got independence, people who werent even hand to mouth were made king makers...
Work culture, planning, hard work, honesty such values were not given anytime to develop in people who were made to work within the strictness of British raj.

The haraamkhori kept developing owing to not proper strict rule and due to the appeasement politics owing to India being a sudden democracy.

The disease of corruption is at every level and you can see people are milking this Pandemic as well.

Netas busy in doing blame games and babus not having any clue at all as there has been no clear cut idea of how to deal with problems of this epic proportion.

Even now things can be brought under control if the armed forces were to be given the responsibility of implantation, it's the armed forces of this country which are reasonably having the work culture and genuineness and why is that becoz they don't work like a democratic structure within themselves...

^^ looks like misinformation based on a doctor said in NDTV yesterday. the only thing actually work are steroids. Wil wait for red dragon to put more light on this.

@red dragon thoughts on steam inhaling? Has it been scientifically proven to be helpful? I've come across mixed information.
I don't know if it will cure it or not but one of my close family members was diagnosed with covid 4 days back. Not severe, taking medication and care at home.

Steam twice a day if nothing really helps her clear her nasal passage and gives a lot of relief. The medicines will deal with the virus but some of these things will help the patient cope better with the symptoms and suffer less.

My local club circulated a leaflet which suggested steam inhaling. I told my mother about it and she said its one of the best methods to counter the virus. I replied back that I've read a post by a verified doctor online who advised against it and she retorted that I've been following the worst doctors. I have no idea from where she got her info. The post which I came across was like a "debunking" post on measures to counter covid on twitter.

@red dragon thoughts on steam inhaling? Has it been scientifically proven to be helpful? I've come across mixed information.
I don't know for sure, but obviously steam inhalation reduces irritation in throat (symptomatic treatment) but don't expect the steam to kill the virus!!
BTW what's the deal with this "skilled" thing... I'm anything but skilled in tech!!

Steam twice a day if nothing really helps her clear her nasal passage and gives a lot of relief.
I know about this as I've also done it.
But my question was if its scientifically proven to be a good measure to counter the virus.
I don't know for sure, but obviously steam inhalation reduces irritation in throat (symptomatic treatment) but don't expect the steam to kill the virus!!
Yes that's what I thought too. Just wanted to hear it from a doctor.

Stop them immediately...they are of no use.
Thought I won't get into any fights here, but these people are impossible.
An elderly gentleman was brought in around 05:00 Hrs, he was tested positive 2 days ago and started to have chest pain from midnight.
ECG was typical of massive anterior wall MI, in fact the entire antero septal area was akinetic on ECHO.
Unfortunately we don't have much here except streptokinase and morphine, and the MI was really bad, he had 2 arrests back to back and I gave up after 2 cycles of CPR after the second one, he was 87.
I've not written death certificate in India for a long time and it's slightly different here. In the cause of death there are very confusing type of questions and I wrote acute anterospetal MI in a covid 19 positive patient ( since we could not do any chest Xray or CT, couldn't write covid 19 pneumonia/ ARDS)
Now at around 16:30 Hrs some idiot neta type person with a bunch of sidekicks showed up ( there was probably one doctor with them) and kind of ordered me to change the cause of death in the DC. Ofcourse I refused and after 15-20 minutes of arguments, one of those guys made a very insulting comment ( ei shob bideshi daktar faktar niye ele erokomy hoy)...meaning these kind of things happen only with doctors from other countries..
I was practically having hypoglycemia at that point (didn't have anything except cups of tea and biscuits since 5 in the morning) and lost it completely..I didn't slap him that hard, but the guy somehow stumbled back couple of steps and collapsed.
The thing escalated quickly and turned into a BJP ( the neta is BJP) vs TMC fight. Police etc. came...but neither did I apologise for hitting the idiot nor changed the cause of death.
It's so difficult working here...can't imagine any political leader requesting/ ordering to change cause of death in a DC anywhere, even in Africa.

Last edited:
It's day 10 today, tabs already over for me lol. I wanted to question my doc why 10day antibiotics, vit c and zinc but it seems to be the norm here.

I know about this as I've also done it.
But my question was if its scientifically proven to be a good measure to counter the virus.

Yes that's what I thought too. Just wanted to hear it from a doctor.

Doesn't help with virus. Only symptomatic relief. Can also try nebulizing with Budesonide and NS. Please check with your doctor before taking any medication.

Stop them immediately...they are of no use.

Placebo effect. :p

WTF!! India has approved 2-Deoxy-D-glucose for treatment of COVID19!!
This freaking 2DG thing has been tried for refractory epilepsy, various cancers etc. A very unique molecule with very strange action...but in covid 19?

Last edited:
Back