Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Get you mom vaccinated ASAP if she does not have major medical complications. My dad was quick off the bat and got his Covishield first dose on 2nd week of March as all his college friends/bank colleagues were getting the same.

Its a bit anecdotal but out of around 30-40 people in my dad's 60 YO+ group one had fever after 1st dose of Covishield for a couple of days.

On my family's side my father's younger brother(61 YO) was hesitant about vaccines and he succumbed to COVID on 17th May. I had to bloody lock our apartment door to prevent my parents from going to the funeral. My dad is the last one left as my older uncle succumbed to COVID in the first wave.

On my mom's side her 2 cousins had COVID. The first one was asymptomatic for sure and was hit hard with COVID after the first dose but managed to survive.

The other one got overconfident after his 1st dose and managed to contract COVID after mingling with people. He also survived.

One of my colleague's entire family was infected but his dad had COVAXIN 1st dose and survived. Another girl I worked with lost her mother(56 YO) as she wasn't vaccinated but her father survived. He was vaccinated with his 1st dose.

The vaccine doesn't prevent suffering but it will at least give you a fighting chance.

One of my colleagues managed to get his mom's 2nd dose here and there wasn't too much of a queue.

I will tell you one thing though. If you are asymptomatic it will hit you hard. One of our colleagues(18-44) had high fever for 4-5 days after getting his first shot.
Thanks for sharing this story. Scary, but yeah heard from other people as well. I am at present in our old home in Uttarpara so that Entally address won't work for me (don't have car). Will try to see whether any hospital nearby giving vaccines or not. Does she need to be registered on that Covin app or something? Heard something along the line.

Wow, what happened here. I didn't check this thread since last night. Why is he so triggered.

Btw, reg vaccine shortage: I'm not sure what the case is at your locations but I feel it's more about money than actual shortage (not saying there is none). Private hospitals charge about Rs. 1250 for Covishield and more for Covaxin I heard. So we may not be in a fix for the 2nd shot as long as we can afford to get it at Pvt hospitals.

Sometimes I wonder is it worth risking our life for such idiotic janata.
Your lot of secular librandu deserve special place in hell.

Covaxin is what is saving your and your next generations ass

Had it not been covaxin,you all would have been screwed down with mrna vaccines

Your lot who thinks mms was liberating India doesn't realize salami slicing

I wish your parents gave you better education and you had desire to learn true events and not what is spoon fed to your brains
What you are getting free of charge with covaxin.
You would have been forced to pay 20 $ minimum for mrna stuff .

Covaxin is alone successful vaccine which is reliable and trustworthy .
Time it has taken to get this working is phenomenal and deserves nothing short of great achievement for NIV ICMR And BB
Talking of 2008 recession,black money driven market is what saved Indian economy.and that's where you seem to have got hurt to loose your stashed black money.

i prefer paying $20 for covishield. I also wonder how Covaxin is $5 more expensive than Covishield.
Dude, are you fine? Your posts are bordering insanity, but just wanted to make sure you are all good.
also, are you done with your 2 rounds of BBCovaxin?

Whoever has deleted my posts with screenshot,can you reply what is in those news screenshot that you feel should be deleted ?
Or it doesn't suit your narrative ?

i prefer paying $20 for covishield. I also wonder how Covaxin is $5 more expensive than Covishield.
Dude, are you fine? Your posts are bordering insanity, but just wanted to make sure you are all good.
also, are you done with your 2 rounds of BBCovaxin?
err, why should we pay at all when the govt has allocated 35,000 crores in the budget for vaccination . it is a national pandemic. Modi cannot simply say it is a state subject, you deal with it. If it was why did he loot money from PSU's and employees under garb of PM SCAMS funds. another propaganda was that ventilators were bought using PM scams funds, whereas in Mah, High Court the central govt saying something else ( under make in india scheme). The co which made these faulty ventilators is JYOTI CNC, now same o that had donated 10 cr worth suit to modi ,

This is the amount of genuine work Sino pharm actually did before introducing an inactivated vaccine.
This may be fine as an example, but personally I am not confident about anything coming out of there. The studies could be genuine and you would be in a best position to judge that but between that and what comes in the vial ... and also there is nothing conclusive about its origins ..

Has BB done a phase 3 trial or are they going to use live testing and showcase it as a million shot strong phase 3 trials. Also heard in the news yesterday that the students who have had a BBCovaxin shot are not eligible for flying abroad as the Covaxin is not recognized.

@chetansha

Early this week, Bharat Biotech said its emergency use listing (EUL) application had been submitted to WHO, Geneva, and regulatory approvals are expected between July and September. The WHO EUL/PQ (prequalification) evaluation process guidance document dated May 18 posted on the WHO website said Bharat Biotech had submitted its expression of interest on April 19 and that more information is required.

The 'masterfile' is not submitted yet, which is needed for WHO clearance.

Who was saying no scam?

Big Breaking : Uncle of BJP MP Sh. Tejashwi Surya and MLA Sh. Ravi Subramanya has been caught selling Covid Vaccine for 700 Rs per dose.

These vaccines are supplied free by the Government. Another scam unfolds.
20210529_140545.jpg

Why are my posts are getting deleted? Thought it's a tech forum when people do appreciate science.
Why are you scared of real science and studies?
Why are the mods so scared of scientific debates? Somebody claimed a BPL inactivated vaccine is more effective than a mRNA one in an open forum!! And we can't raise questions!! Great job guys!!
I'm pretty sure that I didn't cross any lines there.
What if somebody claims a 2nd gen i5 processor is better than the 10th gen? What would you do?
I don't understand silicon architecture, but do know about vaccines and some immunology. And it's like calling a 2nd gen is better and everyone in India should be grateful for having an untested and possibly useless vaccine.
This may be fine as an example, but personally I am not confident about anything coming out of there. The studies could be genuine and you would be in a best position to judge that but between that and what comes in the vial ... and also there is nothing conclusive about its origins ..
But you are confident about a BSL3 lab producing millions of "inactivated" vaccine without any back up studies.

Last edited:
Unrelated to this thread. But weirdly a couple of my harmless posts were also deleted, in a different necro thread. Though necro they could let harmless humor pass, dunno what's up.

But you are confident about a BSL3 lab producing millions of "inactivated" vaccine without any back up studies.
Wow. I say I don't trust A and you conclude I trust B. I know you are passionate about your stuff but that does not mean you throw reason and common sense out of the window and jump to conclusions.
Of course I am not confident about Covaxin until they share phase 3 data and some independent authority validates it. They made a mess by rolling it out even before all due diligence was done and, of course, I hold all those political idiots and even ourselves responsible for the situation we are all in. The entire vaccination is a mess. My father, thankfully, got the first shot of Covishield but after that I am unable to risk it for my mother to go in the crowded lines, as she has comorbidities.
But can you guarantee just based on the study and info shared for Sinopharm that it will be exactly that which comes in the vials ? Even if you say yes, I am sorry but it will not increase my trust in a Chinese state owned company.

Most likely this... You cannot fake data, atleast with WHO. So use the data from those vaccinated with covaxin to meet the ends.
You can manipulate data, even with WHO. We will find it, but sadly won't be able to take any punitive action. That vaccine just won't get emergency approval in the website...that's it.
It's very easy to fool millions when it comes to medical science.
When most of the doctors are scared of Ramdev ( so much so that IMA may withdraw formal complaint) either blind or spineless or both, it's very easy mate...very easy...happening everyday..the piecemeal vaccination strategy itself is a suicidal approach against COVID19 ( assuming Covaxin works). But not a single doctor in India is talking about it.
How can an entire community of professionals loose their collective spine?
I was a life member of IMA and some idiot added me in IMA WhatsApp group...and what they discuss there defy all logic!! Ramdev is a fraud, but even he has a spine and some of his statements are true.
Wow. I say I don't trust A and you conclude I trust B. I know you are passionate about your stuff but that does not mean you throw reason and common sense out of the window and jump to conclusions.
Of course I am not confident about Covaxin until they share phase 3 data and some independent authority validates it. They made a mess by rolling it out even before all due diligence was done and, of course, I hold all those political idiots and even ourselves responsible for the situation we are all in. The entire vaccination is a mess. My father, thankfully, got the first shot of Covishield but after that I am unable to risk it for my mother to go in the crowded lines, as she has comorbidities.
But can you guarantee just based on the study and info shared for Sinopharm that it will be exactly that which comes in the vials ? Even if you say yes, I am sorry but it will not increase my trust in a Chinese state owned company.
Hey buddy, I'm so sorry!! No can't guarantee about Sinopharm, but the studies are genuine... guaranteed!! I may be a complete noob in technology, but I'm good with numbers.
And I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding. Another thing I can guarantee, you did the right thing about your parents' vaccination situation.
All these vaccines ( even mRNA ones) got only "emergency approval" and there are thousands of genuine concerns around them.
None of them won't end this epidemic. All the countries will have "outbreaks" for years ( if not decades) But Indian approach is ensuring outbreaks with very high mortality.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7557167/
@mods, feel free to delete my posts, but please don't delete this link.
It was a breakthrough paper in vaccine development. I will never post newspaper articles here, which anybody can find.
The second study is going on with UK and Modi variant. I have some of it, but can't upload here. Will do, the moment it's complete.

Last edited:
Hey buddy, I'm so sorry!! No can't guarantee about Sinopharm, but the studies are genuine... guaranteed!! I may be a complete noob in technology, but I'm good with numbers.
And I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries. I just hope you get to look at the full Covaxin data soon.
Damn, even our "friendly" neighbour is ahead by a point. Not surprising, given I still see idiots without masks on their morning walks.

Last edited:
Back