Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

If Covaxin is ineffective and it's claims are false then it'll be the biggest scam and will hurt our supreme leader's image. I doubt they would've taken such a big risk with Covaxin, but hopefully we'll soon know. Sinopharm has been approved by WHO, isn't Covaxin similar to that?
Not sure but a doc told me covid vaccine is the biggest human trial. Deal with it.

I saw administration from quite close as leading the efforts and implementing it on ground. First wave was totally administered from center so we had pretty smooth journey. Second wave state had more administrative say and we all know result.
Only one example I will share oxygen.

last wave total industrial shut down was implemented on ground. All oxygen supply was to hospitals.
This time industry were shut down on paper and everything was running on ground.
we all know how we managed getting cylinders filled. We would be on road at middle of night at 2-3 am searching for oxygen refilling. Own vendor would give 5 due to rationing. And we would be needing 35-40 refilled to sustain our sanctioned load of patients. And I dealt with same collector both waves.
what we could do rather than stopping admission. One oxygen patient would disturb oxygen demand of all admitted patients.
Had it been central administration ,all this would have been avoided.

Absolutely speechless by one gesture of nursing staffs.
I had no idea that they knew about my audiophilia and non availability of headphones. They bought a pair of HD560s (don't know how in the lockdown) and gifted it!!
I've been really strict with them, even screamed at some!!
Since I can go out due to the infection, 5-6 of them actually came to our place and handed it to me!! And like an idiot couldn't hold the tears back ( the note inside actually got me..To someone who taught us dignity, even in death. Thank you sir, you will be remembered)...most of them are really kids in early 20s...couldn't even give them a hug due to this ****ing infection...God bless them all..I really don't deserve so much love and respect.
We can make fun of RaGa, but he's studying hard...and from right places, please don't judge him by his choice of words ( really don't know what's his language of choice)

Last edited:
Same here..mine has undergone disuse atrophy.
Some people just joined in this forum has started following me, should I be worried? Don't want another twitter like thing happen again.
hey mate sorry to scare you.. My previous account here (cri_sss) got locked out and the email id used (yahoomail) which i didnt use long ago was also comprimised so locked out. I tried admin but no response from them.
I like your posts so dont want to miss so followed you to keep track of your writings but no other intentions.

hey mate sorry to scare you.. My previous account here (cri_sss) got locked out and the email id used (yahoomail) which i didnt use long ago was also comprimised so locked out. I tried admin but no response from them.
I like your posts so dont want to miss so followed you to keep track of your writings but no other intentions.
I'm really sorry mate. Not exactly scared, but trying to be careful.

I saw administration from quite close as leading the efforts and implementing it on ground. First wave was totally administered from center so we had pretty smooth journey. Second wave state had more administrative say and we all know result.

last wave total industrial shut down was implemented on ground. All oxygen supply was to hospitals.
This time industry were shut down on paper and everything was running on ground.
we all know how we managed getting cylinders filled. We would be on road at middle of night at 2-3 am searching for oxygen refilling. Own vendor would give 5 due to rationing. And we would be needing 35-40 refilled to sustain our sanctioned load of patients. And I dealt with same collector both waves.
what we could do rather than stopping admission. One oxygen patient would disturb oxygen demand of all admitted patients.
It is quite amusing to hear an absolutely different narrative. The second wave was well under way even before everything was decentralized to the states. It seemed to be a very poor attempt at absolving oneself of all responsibility when things started going downhill.

Some people refuse to consider the point that the second wave was far more virulent than the first wave. And the decentralization did happen as @t3chg33k said well into the second wave. Off course, that still does not explain the horrors we have heard and seen in places like Delhi, UP, Bihar, Karnataka, Gujarat. But then again, those who are in love with the Big Fat Stadium are known to be blind to reality.

Hmm. So I guess you are aware of the fact that the first order of 1.55-1.65 crore vaccines was first placed in mid January 2021 right?

SII had done the tech and knowledge transfer from Astrazeneca in the middle of last year even before it was approved.

Source-

Now look at US and the amounts they paid out starting mid last year for the vaccines in Operation Warp Speed.

1620756002388.png

Source-

We are poor and hence we cannot bet on 6 horses at the same time but if you tell me that we couldn't place our bet on even one horse then I will tell you that our incompetence knows no bounds.

On top of that if the govt. had said last year that this 50/50 centre/state arrangement will be set up then at least some of the states would have placed their own orders.

Maharashtra has a budget of 33k crores for BMC alone. They sure could have afforded that.

I am not pissed off about the medical infrastructure and Oxygen issues in India as frankly that kind of investment needs a long term strategy but this vaccination screwup is squarely on the Centre.

Furthermore just read about how horribly the COVAXIN situation was handled.

This is just another reminder of event/image management over proper governance just like you are doing with these anecdotes for scenarios which were allowed to happen in the first place. Who pushed for elections and Kumbh Mela this time?

We are the only country in the world who is going with go-as-you-like when it comes to state-level vaccination procurement.

Now if we get into a war with China I fully expect Centre to ask the states for half of the tanks and fighters.

As for UPA I would remind you that we are chitchatting about tech on Indian sites because Manmohan had the long term vision to liberalize India.

Remember 2008 recession which didn't hit us much at all? Why do you think that is the case?

Congress is a gang of thieves but at least they are educated enough to know that its better to allow subject matter experts to manage the system which they don't have much knowledge in.

This kind of hubris that feeds off on surrounding oneself with yes men is only the product of something Bengalis say "Alpo vidya Bhayankari" i.e. half arsed education/knowledge is dangerous.

I know this is a long post but I don't expect a logical answer from you based on your past posts. At most a rabid one-liner is what we can expect. :p

Still one thing I can't undeestand , delhi(peak 26k) with a proportionally smaller population than bengal(peak 20k)had a lot more cases . Even though there were rallies and election and everything .
Is Covid case underreporting the only explanation here ?

Still one thing I can't undeestand , delhi(peak 26k) with a proportionally smaller population than bengal(peak 20k)had a lot more cases . Even though there were rallies and election and everything .
Is Covid case underreporting the only explanation here ?
Underrporting is the major one along with the reluctance of people to go for RT-PCR if they are battling COVID at home.

Only those who need hopsitlization are going for tests. This might be anecdotal but most of my colleagues/family who had COVID stayed in isolation and didn't go for tests.

Only method for measuring deaths as of now is comparing the number of deaths on a year-on-year basis. Its inaccurate but its the least worst among the options we have.

Back