Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

So the govt dropped ivermectin and the bar association is blaming the WHO for that? As in the govt does only and everything the WHO says?

I do completely agree that the Pharma industry is minting money along with all the other scammers.

BTW:

So the Biden admin. is actually pro-opensourcing vaccine tech? I wasn't sure where they stand. The world bank is as crooked as actual regular banks, along with people like the bill gates 'foundation'. This is all just business to them...

Aren't they supposed to be free? Our Supreme Leader's announcement? Or only the govt hospitals can give us for free?
So after the first announcement by our building's association secretary about giving covishield for 900 bucks, there was another message by the builders themselves saying they're offering this service for residents staying in their buildings. They've tied up with a moderately well-known private hospital for the same. Again, 900 bucks.

But the funniest part is that they want you to register on Cowin and give them the ref. number as well as aadhaar.

This is needed to update your vaccination status on CoWin. Can't skip this one.

On the the other hand once your doses are done you can download the vaccination certificate from CoWin and don't have to run here and there to get it in case you need to travel.
My point was the official Cowin method etc should be free right? This is all a huge scam. Whether 900 or 780 bucks.

Two questions, is cowin mandatory? And does it require a phone number (for OTP etc)?
I am not sure if its mandatory. I don't think it will be keeping in mind the level of poverty and literacy in our country.

But in our case its easier. As for crendentials the app shows an option for login with password but it doesn't work. You need a phone number for OTP.

Posting parts of the message/ad: (censored for privacy/legal)

Dear Sir/Madam
Warm Greetings from !!
Trust this mail finds you and your dear ones in good health and most importantly SAFE.

At this tough time of uncertainty, we wish to stay with you on all your requirements.
We are extremely happy to share the details of a vaccination drive arranged exclusively for our Family members .

As part of our Services, we are happy to co-ordinate the vaccination drive for all our customers and their family members based at in association with Hospital,

An amount of Rs.900 /- per head will be applicable for
One doze covishield vaccine .

If you want to take part in this mission you are requested to send us a confirmation directly or by co-ordinating with the Apartment Owners Association committee members for registering your time slot .
Please register yourself in the Government portal " www.cowin.gov.in" for participating in the vaccination drive and share the below details with us.
Name of the person
Age .
Mobile number used for COWIN registration
Ref ID received while registering in COWIN website
Aadhar Number
You are requested to confirm along with the details on or before 09.06.2021 within 8.00am. The vaccination will start by tomorrow onwards and time will be intimated to you after completing the registration formalities .

My point was the official Cowin method etc should be free right? This is all a huge scam. Whether 900 or 780 bucks.

The Cowin app is for booking and tracking only AFAIK.

It updates this dashboard on a near-realtime basis.

See 75% of Indians getting it for free by queueing up vs. paying out of your own pocket is an equation we are accustomed to in India for healthcare especially in the salaried middle class.

Its not ideal but thats the way it is.
Posting parts of the message/ad: (censored for privacy/legal)
This is not a scam as theres a private engg. college in Kolkata which is doing this as well.

I know 3-4 people who have received their vaccines here. The setup in terms of social distancing and process is pretty good as well.

I avoided this one and went for Apollo thinking that their process would be more streamlined but that was not the case. Buggers were not even manintaining social distancing there. 25-30 people were waiting in a 20x20 ft room.

Wasn't sure if i should post this but since i believe in free information and people should use their own brains...

From a friend in the US. Both his wife and he have got both doses of Moderna.

[08/06, 8:28 PM] : a friend of my colleague travelled to india last month. he was fully vaccinated with pfizer (traveled 3 weeks after 2nd dose)
[08/06, 8:28 PM] : got infected by mutant covid in india
[08/06, 8:28 PM] : died last week
[08/06, 8:36 PM] me: Age, co morbidities?
[08/06, 8:37 PM] : late 30s... not sure about co morbidities

Buggers were not even manintaining social distancing there. 25-30 people were waiting in a 20x20 ft room.
This is exactly why I'm hesitant to get a vaccine. Not fear of the vaccine itself.

This..
Covishield: ₹600(cost) + ₹150(service charge) + ₹30 (GST on vaccine @5%) = ₹780

Covaxin: ₹1200 (cost) + ₹150 (service charge) + ₹60 (GST) = ₹1410
Lol gst on vaccine... smh

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked about the cowin app because a friend was trying desperately for weeks but could never get it. And another friend whom I met today told me something happened to his number and he's not able to complete the process for registration. He kept calling a helpline number even after I left lol.
Also I don't know how things work out there but the leaders of some civil society organizations arranged for mass vaccination drive in some areas here and many people were able to get vaccinated that way. The govt also said they will do a mass vaccination drive in our area the other day but nothing till now. One problem is the people's reluctance to get the vaccine. News reported that one lactating woman died some hours after getting the shot yesterday. The family appealed for an investigation to the govt.
I avoided this one and went for Apollo thinking that their process would be more streamlined but that was not the case. Buggers were not even manintaining social distancing there. 25-30 people were waiting in a 20x20 ft room.
I commend your courage and wallet going to Apollo lol.
Wasn't sure if i should post this but since i believe in free information and people should use their own brains...

From a friend in the US. Both his wife and he have got both doses of Moderna.
I hope some health agencies can get to the bottom of this soon. I still don't know how we got a worse "mutated" form. And now I read about the "Nepal variant." Like what the...

See 75% of Indians getting it for free by queueing up vs. paying out of your own pocket is an equation we are accustomed to in India for healthcare especially in the salaried middle class.

Its not ideal but thats the way it is.

Personally i would pay up to a couple or few thousand per vaccine dose, if i feel I'm getting the value for it.

This chindi-chori 700-900 bucks though is what everyone's getting for free. I can't digest the concept. Don't really want to discuss this topic any more. Certain things in our country just make my blood boil.

I still don't know how we got a worse "mutated" form.
Diverse Indian "Culture" !

This is not a scam as theres a private engg. college in Kolkata which is doing this as well.

I know 3-4 people who have received their vaccines here. The setup in terms of social distancing and process is pretty good as well.

Its actually pretty well arranged. My mom got it from here and given its an university campus, the sections are spread out. Three nurses are giving vaccines at the same time and social distancing is pretty well maintained. My parents, who are both senior citizens, had good things to say about the arrangements.

@NotMyRealName There are no major statistics or news reports about Moderna's vaccine, though PFizer vaccine is in demand and discussed a lot about.
I'm no expert in immunology but i think all these vaccines differ only in delivery method and the triggering action. In the end each person's immune system is what does the job, and the difference may be in the amount of time taken to generate a threshold amount of antibodies and also maybe the quantity(/quality?) of antibodies. I may be completely wrong here though.

So i think that person may have died irrespective of what vaccine he had got (even covaxin/covishield).

The point being the Indian mutations are really deadly and i have a feeling they're also because of rampant over-medication and unnecessary medication especially at the wrong time.

Like bacteria even viruses have mutational and immune escape which is basically drug resistance. Our Indian doctors who even prescribe antibiotics to a 2 year-old with a goddamn cold may well be the cause of the mutations. Even mucormycosis may be because of rampant and over prescribing steroids, even when not necessary.

Which is also why the new mAb cocktail:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7299283/

Last edited:
Back