Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

From that article:
We searched bibliographic databases up to April 25, 2021. Two review authors sifted for studies, extracted data, and assessed risk of bias. Meta-analyses were conducted and certainty of the evidence was assessed using the GRADE approach and additionally in trial sequential analyses for mortality. Twenty-four randomized controlled trials involving 3406 participants met review inclusion.

I'm missing something...how did they "extracted data" according to convenience? Both GRADE approach and in trial mortality sequential analysis, in the same study?
Kisko ullu bana raha hai?
24 RCT with 3496 participants, less than 1500 participants and 24. RCTs!!??
Can you even imagine the amount of bias and errors creeps into this kind of "useless second hand studies"... 25th hand studies.
Publishe in where? AJT!! Sure why not!! Everything goes there and gets published.
Was it too difficult to design a RCT study of 5000 people?
How do you meta analyze 24 studies without publishing the hillarious number of sampling errors and all kind of bias.
And even after all kind of manipulation, the interpretation is still "may be beneficial? What kind of studies are these?

Last edited:
From that article:
We searched bibliographic databases up to April 25, 2021. Two review authors sifted for studies, extracted data, and assessed risk of bias. Meta-analyses were conducted and certainty of the evidence was assessed using the GRADE approach and additionally in trial sequential analyses for mortality. Twenty-four randomized controlled trials involving 3406 participants met review inclusion.

I'm missing something...how did they "extracted data" according to convenience? Both GRADE approach and in trial mortality sequential analysis, in the same study?
Kisko ullu bana raha hai?
24 RCT with 3496 participants, less than 1500 participants and 24. RCTs!!??
Can you even imagine the amount of bias and errors creeps into this kind of "useless second hand studies"..rand 25th hand studies.
Publishe in where? AJT!! Sure why not!! Everything goes there and gets published.
Was it too difficult to design a RCT study of 5000 people?
How do you meta analyze 24 studies without publishing the hillarious number of sampling errors and all kind of bias.
And even after all kind of manipulation, the interpretation is still "may be beneficial? What kind of studies are these?

Different countries have extremely varied responses to the pandemic, from India, USA, UK, Israel, Sweden etc.

What's stopping any single one of them from properly using Ivermectin to treat covid if it's really effective? I mean you can't fool all of the people...

Or is it a huge GLOBAL conspiracy?

Was it impossible to do a single 5000 case based study during the peak in India?
Same thing happened to HCQS.
Unlike stroids Ivermectin is relatively safe, yet look at the sample size of these studies?
How can you recommend / banned something with such small studies.
So it was neither recommended or banned.

Apparently Pfizer vaccine would be available in India from July end onwards

If this becomes reality then I guess a lot of people would be opting for it considering the potential side effects of Covishield.

They should read about side effects of PFizer vaccine too, not discouraging, but better to take informed decisions.

This is so weird and possibly true for every married person ( not talking about real rich or powerful people, as I don't know what happens there)
I was on phone with a young research fellow and giving him a lot of lecture on time management and everything, including all the "mahan kaam" we did in India in record speed etc.etc. ( he missed his thesis submission date and I was his co-guide)
Now, the moment I put down the phone, my wife ( who's in the same profession) gave me a 15 minutes bashing for being so harsh on a young person ( including you Bengalis..note this..not Indians...are expert in lecturing the world etc.etc.)
And she was right!! I really need some bashing at times.
Somebody posted link to an awesome page which includes all the studies done on Ivermectin, instead of thanking him, started blabbering over the same thing..
I'm really sorry. Thanks a lot for that link, it was really informative!!
Sorry for going OT again.
Back on topic, mRNA vaccines do have very common side effects. Everyone I know got the Moderna vaccine, had some sort of flu like symptoms ( we were vaccinated with first batch of vaccine in EU) some had it for weeks.

Last edited:
Told you guys....they don't have a single statisctally significant study of efficy ( every study is flawed from the very sampling stage)
There are intelligent people in Bharat Biotech, but without appropriate data collection, what can these statisticians do?
They came up with a very brilliant efficacy study plan ( not a single vaccine manufacturer thought about this approach)
But totally botched it up in execution. It's not about stage 3 or efficacy. It's about proper data collection..even their animal studies are incomplete.
The vaccine may/ may not be effective (should be around 73-76 percent), but this assumption is completely based upon a very closely related very inexpensive Chinese vaccine ( which is backed up by sufficient data)
You will be amazed to know they tried to just lift some studies from that vaccine to fool us (didn't even change some crucial demographic data...a dead giveaway)

I will be tested for Covid IgG Antibody Test tomorrow. I am fully vaccinated with Covaxin. How should I interpret the test result? If there are sufficient anti bodies then does this means that the vaccine is working? or anti body result in isolation is useless?

There is a decent deal on anti body test on Pharmeasy. https://www.desidime.com/deals/100-cb-on-covid-igg-antibody-test
I thought of doing the same but it seems that antibody titre might not be a very good indicator of vaccine efficacy.

If you have been exposed to COVID after vaccination or had a bout with COVID then the antibodies would be present but I may not be 100% correct.

Edit... read this

While addressing the nation, Rodrigo Duterte said, “Don’t get me wrong. There is a crisis being faced in this country. There is a national emergency. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, I will have you arrested. And I will inject the vaccine in your butt. You are pests. We are already suffering and you’re adding to the burden.”
“So all you Filipinos listening, watch out. Don’t force my hand into it. I have a strong arm for that. Nobody likes it. But if you won’t get vaccinated, leave the Philippines. Go to India or somewhere — to America. But as long as you are here and you are a human being that can carry the virus, get yourself vaccinated,” Inquirer.Net quoted the president as saying.

Rodrigo Duterte further threatened vaccine decliners with a dose of ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug used to treat animals.

“These are the stupid people who don’t like to be vaccinated. And they are really the carriers, you know. They can travel from one place to another and carrying the virus and contaminating other people. You people who don’t like to get vaccinated, I’ll have injected with a vaccine for pigs— this ivermectin. That will really kill (the virus), including you,” he said.

Absolute power. :p

Earlier, also this dude:

Philippines' Duterte apologises for taking unapproved China jab

Now they are using a variety of internationally approved vaccines, so that is good.

> Rodrigo Duterte further threatened vaccine decliners with a dose of ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug used to treat animals.

hmmm.... Not used to treat humans ? News and media these days. lol.

Last edited:
Back