Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

With the current dispensation, anything and everything pertaining to cows is possible.
Don't be shocked if you loose your sanity with the forthcoming absurd comments on social media when it's time for credits.

Delete... apparently nobody without registration can't view.
Indian government acknowledged first covid vaccine related death.
How old is Clapton? It's really unethical to give Covishield to anyone above 65.

As their phase 3 trial's cut off age limit was 55 years ( or possibly 60, don't remember exactly)
However now that page has been edited (now the limit is 99 years in sample defination !! But I'm pretty sure there was not a single person above 60 in the data they published/ submitted earlier)
I do have the spreadsheet ( October last year) somewhere...clearly remember the sample size was 1600 in India.

Last edited:
@quaratineinthesejeans My father aged 82 yrs has taken covishield first shot on April and the second shot is due by this month end. Should I stop giving him the second shot now?
No dude. The statement that @quaratineinthesejeans made is valid for first world country folks who have multiple options for vaccines.

In our third world country theres no other option. Don't ignore the 2nd shot as your father didn't have any adverse reaction to first shot and the chance of adverse reaction to 2nd shot is lower( Based on UK data).

1623939344416.png

@quaratineinthesejeans My father aged 82 yrs has taken covishield first shot on April and the second shot is due by this month end. Should I stop giving him the second shot now?
No!! Please DO NOT miss the second dose. Marcus clearly mentioned what I meant to say. He MAY have mild symptoms after 2nd dose. If absolutely necessary, give acetaminophen. Otherwise adequate hydration should be enough.
DO NOT MISS the second dose.

The Indian authorities launched an investigation after an internal government report concluded that some private agencies responsible for coronavirus testing on pilgrims at a sprawling Hindu festival forged at least 100,000 results.

Private Labs Carried Out Around 100k to 400k Fake COVID Tests in India's Uttarakhand in April, All Certified Negative, in Oder to Meet Daily Target of 50k Tests. The True Extent of the ‘Scam’ is Yet to Be Known

The Ganges Is Returning the Dead. It Does Not Lie.

Last edited:
I don't keep myself apprised with vaccine or covid situation as it makes me more depressed than up to date, especially with the unsubstantiated opinions everywhere but I just registered my mum's credentials on that cowin website. She is 64. Has some sort of arrhythmia/ high blood pressure issues. I was told that any vaccine which is available at disposal should be taken yet I see some remark above saying it's unethical to give Covishield to people aged above 65. I don't let her go out much, once a week that too with N95 etc., so should she be wiser to not opt for any vaccine or what? Ambiguous statements are really confusing for laymen like us, just in case the obvious is forgotten.

He has already issued clarification through Marcus... It's posted in this thread itself. The above observation was for first world countries, not India.
Don't skip the dose for your mom. The delta and the forthcoming variants will be more virulent and hence elderly population will be more vulnerable.

Well sad faces coz somone who has given back to the health care sector in fighting the virus has fallen victim to it. I won't say it was a surprise given the virulent nature of the virus, but definitely not something to contract.

There are thousands like me. In fact I was lucky to get away with fever only.
Even I lost at least 5 people from our batch/ a year or two senior or junior batches from medical school in Kolkata

Back