Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

@quaratineinthesejeans
Fully agree with your view points about ME. Hence don't want to discuss further.
They indeed have extremely costly medical equipments and systems here, but not enough skilled people here to manage them.

However, have to say that the way they are treating Covid19 in my area is very commendable.
Every 15days, I walk to nearest testing center which is in <1kms distance and get a RT-PCR test for free in less than 15mins.
Test results taken Covid19 including medical history, fully available in mobile app which can be verified in realtime.
They support patients in possible ways including free testing, stay, food, and medicine. Not talking about world class 5star facilities, etc., but basic humane treatment. Kind of support which is beyond imagination in India where hungry people in quarantine fought each other for food, fell dead on the roads.
Logistical issues I faced were because of Indians in office who were erratic in their duties, when the local system went beyond their means to solve my issues. As a south Indian, faced far less racism in my work circle than from shameless scummy Indians themselves.

@NotMyRealName
> Unless you think that people passing each other even 6 feet away will infect with the corona!

Didn't we already have long discussions on this :)

@quaratineinthesejeans
Fully agree with your view points about ME. Hence don't want to discuss further.
They indeed have extremely costly medical equipments and systems here, but not enough skilled people here to manage them.
That's how they fool people man!! They have useless equipments. Not advanced equipments.
Their only intention is to show off the advancements. The largest hospital in Dubai has open MRI machines for claustrophobics. They look too cool. But are not even 2Tesla machines.
We couldn't find a single 4 Tesla machine in 2018 in the entire area. They don't even have a functional MRI machine!! Imagine that!! No functional MRI in 2021.
Regarding covid management, in reality Dubai is far worse than a big corporate hospital even in Kolkata. One Kolkata hospital has 31 rescue VVECMO machines!! Imagine it!! 31 ECMO machines and a group of 8 people who can even repair minor glitches. That's true progress buddy.
I genuinely hate middle East, specifically Dubai for their hollowness. Everything is artificial..everyone is trying to impress white people from West with zero real progress. The only thing Sheikhs are good at is destroying flyovers and making another one at the exact same place.
Even the economy has gone to shit there, my man...Aapko zaroor pata hoga about their pride.. Emirates Airlines...and what's the present situation there.
Sara duniya ko ullu banake kya hoga? What's the point in such a hollow, baseless, blingy culture and attitude?
We travel a lot mate, a lot!!
These superficial things are for superficial ullus who think making 5 times money living in a shitty hot hell hole is worth it. It's not..even the money nowadays is not great by any stretch of imagination.
Dubai is almost like our home during transits bhai. What Dubai did earlier this year in controlling covid is not much better than 56 incher.
Jago bhai jago!! If you're not an expat and have political influence try to follow Germany or Sweden in healthcare...not US!!
If you're an expat I'm sorry. Save up quickly and run away to some decent place.

> If you're not an expat and have political influence try to follow Germany or Sweden in healthcare...not US!!

Yeah, Swedish Ättestupa model for Covid19 care was perfect. Suits their current environment. /s

Anti-maskers from developed countries those who generally don't wear a mask on their bottoms and don't want to wear one on their top were pining for this model in their senate or whatever. USA even today have Covid19 cases in tens of thousands per day. Funnily they acts as if it does not exist there. Wondering what kind of mutations are going on but we have a truckload to take care of for ourselves, so don't mind...

>> We couldn't find a single 4 Tesla machine in 2018 in the entire area. They don't even have a functional MRI machine!! Imagine that!! No functional MRI in 2021.

Am not in Dubai. So... don't want to discuss this topic because it will be like those 5 blind men who went to see elephants.

Not in to these kind of esoterics, btw, random googlefu says your search for MRI didn't go well there. Because news from 2007 talks about Philips 3.0 Tesla “MRI with IQ”:

MRI (3T) https://www.mediclinic.ae/en/city-hospital/services-and-specialities/radiology.html

Magnetom Vida 64 XT, the new high-end 3 Tesla MRI scanner with BioMatrix technology from Siemens Healthineers

That claustrophobic thing might be to help people with handicap, accidents, who have issue changing body positions, etc. ? Don't know.

WB in statistics looks average good ?

----------------------------------

Last edited:
> If you're not an expat and have political influence try to follow Germany or Sweden in healthcare...not US!!

Yeah, Swedish Ättestupa model for Covid19 care was perfect. Suits their current environment. /s

Anti-maskers from developed countries those who generally don't wear a mask on their bottoms and don't want to wear one on their top were pining for this model in their senate or whatever. USA even today have Covid19 cases in tens of thousands per day. Funnily they acts as if it does not exist there. Wondering what kind of mutations are going on but we have a truckload to take care of for ourselves, so don't mind...

>> We couldn't find a single 4 Tesla machine in 2018 in the entire area. They don't even have a functional MRI machine!! Imagine that!! No functional MRI in 2021.

Am not in Dubai. So... don't want to discuss this topic because it will be like those 5 blind men who went to see elephants.

Not in to these kind of esoterics, btw, random googlefu says your search for MRI didn't go well there. Because news from 2007 talks about Philips 3.0 Tesla “MRI with IQ”:

MRI (3T) https://www.mediclinic.ae/en/city-hospital/services-and-specialities/radiology.html

Magnetom Vida 64 XT, the new high-end 3 Tesla MRI scanner with BioMatrix technology from Siemens Healthineers

That claustrophobic thing might be to help people with handicap, accidents, who have issue changing body positions, etc. ? Don't know.

WB in statistics looks average good ?

----------------------------------

Why you write / quote in a total clusterfuck?
I didn't say anything about covid management in Sweden but their health infrastructure!!
Regarding MRI machines didn't understand what you tried to say.
External MRI is for real claustrophobic, no one else.
I didn't say anything about the poor health care structure of Bengal. It was about one private hospital with so many ECMO machines.
It has got nothing to do with any Indian state. Just an example of one of the great private initiative.
BTW, it's very easy to see older usernames...now things make more sense.
There's a huge difference between 3T and 4T machine. AI enabled, my ass...have you even seen or know how MRI works.
This is the typical middle East bullshit..AI enabled MRI!!...Kuch bhi!!

Last edited:
How to see older usernames ?

please let me know.

Click username then click the 'history'(?) icon.

Untitled.jpg

Covid19 management exposed how efficient is Sweden's health infrastructure.
They were miserable in dealing with it, nationalist exceptionalism, fudged statistics, etc.
What is the use of their superior infrastructure when they purposefully(?) sent Covid19 recovering patients into old age homes which wreaked havoc there ?
With just 10million or so population, they were a massive effed up 'statically'. Their health care leader was another massive eff up, wasn't even ready to admit their mistakes. As if their leadership was different from third world India's.
Results matters. So, when talking about good things, have to deal with bad sides too. Like it or hate it, that is how world is.

When you were discussing Dubai, West Bengal and great facilities of health care in India, just gave you few ideas how it all is on the ground level.
Every place may have one or two good hospital or facilities, just like how WB have few good facilities for Covid19 treatment. But that does not give over all ground level information, like reach-ability and affordability to average Indian. Don't know what you are going on about. You want to compare facilities in one of the richest places in the world to that of pathetically miserable India ?

You were talking about lack of even lower end MRI machines in Dubai in 2018 ? Posted you didn't get proper information may be, they had it 11 years back than you said ?
Agreed earlier they have lot of equipment, costly or otherwise, but they lack expertise. So, now your problem is that they have 3T MRI machine which happens to be marketed as AI enabled by manufacturer, or some machines support patients with claustrophobia ? Big deal !
lolz. Majority getting free treatment and facilities there are 'common man' from India only.
Funnily, you go off topic or haywire when facts or alternate view points are seen. Writing or quoting direct reply so that information straightly addressed and properly juxtaposed. So, relax dude. Haven't traveled world a lot and English is not my native language, but didn't mean to hurt you.

Last edited:
@TEUser2K1
You probably haven't seen any MRI machine yet.
Claustrophobia is one of the biggest problem of MR along with the loud noise.
An open machine takes care of those 2 things, but they can't use huge electromagnets in open machines so grey white differentiation becomes a problem ( anything below 2T MR is problem)
AI is stamped even in the worst of the worst 1.5T machines. The software is practically same in all MRI machines. They don't generate any report, just reconstruct from the images (slightly better reconstruction specially in MR angio)
Why am I even discussing MRI / public health with you? Stay safe and peace!! ( Actually we were discussing countries/ cities with inflated image of healthcare facilities in real life...none of us has seen so many ECMO in a single hospital..the Dubai joke came up..the "state of the art" OTs which grew 3 kinds of dangerous bacilli as they had no concept of fumigation!!)

Last edited:
@TEUser2K1
You probably haven't seen any MRI machine yet.
Claustrophobia is one of the biggest problem of MR along with the loud noise.
An open machine takes care of those 2 things, but they can't use huge electromagnets in open machines so grey white differentiation becomes a problem ( anything below 2T MR is problem)
AI is stamped even in the worst of the worst 1.5T machines. The software is practically same in all MRI machines. They don't generate any report, just reconstruct from the images (slightly better reconstruction specially in MR angio)
Why am I even discussing MRI / public health with you? Stay safe and peace!! ( Actually we were discussing countries/ cities with inflated image of healthcare facilities in real life...none of us has seen so many ECMO in a single hospital..the Dubai joke came up..the "state of the art" OTs which grew 3 kinds of dangerous bacilli as they had no concept of fumigation!!)

We also gotta think from a public perspective. As you said, claustrophobia is one of the biggest issues with MRI. My mom refused MRI because of this specific reason. Literally went in and ran out. I'm sure she is not alone. And in such cases, getting a feebler scan is sometimes better than no scan at all.
No idea about Dubai etc. Just that all these devices have their place, and the hospitals/clinics must have done a cost benefit valuation before buying one.

See dude, we have some kind of serious misunderstanding here.

What I only did is clearing a misunderstanding or overlooking in what you said - that you couldn't find proper MRI machines in UAE in 2018 or so ?
So I posted links from 2007 informing about 3T MRI machines proving there was some misunderstanding.
And that UAE have MRI machines to provide enough service for that small country.
I was not celebrating the superiority or specialty (AI, claustrophobic supporting, whatever) of those machines, nor my technical knowledge of those machines, but only giving links to which kinds of machines were available at the point of time you referred.
Also, my claustrophobia comment was just a doubt that I raised, that it may probably help handicapped or injured people with difficulty in laying down, etc., only my expectation, not as a statement. With appropriate question mark :)
Somehow you don't seems to be liking it and posted off topic irrelevant stuff about Dubai.
Already said they have expensive machines, but lack expertise. Now, you are talking about their lack of expertise to me ?
Don't know what is the point in this whole discussion, why are you even explaining me technicalities of how MRI machines work and all ? Seems to be some miscommunication due to lack of language skills from my side :)
This discussion is not going anywhere, so leaving this here. Sorry to disturb you.

btw, I had to get MRI scan done for an injury, almost slept inside that machine even through that clanking sound (yeah, am that kind of person who sleeps standing inside Mumbai local train in peak hours). That was probably in 2011.

Last edited:
I only hope the long delay doesn't reduce the vaccine's efficacy or we are all gonna be so dead... for real. In my area they said 4-5 months. I haven't got my first shot yet. I just wanna get one and go out for a bit tbh. Some places now require vaccination certificate or covid test reports.

Novavax COVID-19 vaccine undergoing trials in India under the brand name Covovax is showing ~90% efficiency including against variants:

Hope this help India...

Back