Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

As long as the virus has sufficient number of hosts it will keep on mutating.I guess this will become an endemic now i.e. something we have to live with.

Viruses generally are known to mutate into less lethal variants but they've recently tried to flip that understanding too to keep the fearmongering going.
People are fed up of the contradictions already, they won't show any of this on the local news.

Last edited:
Viruses generally are known to mutate into less lethal variants but they've recently tried to flip that understanding too to keep the fearmongering going.
I don't think thats always the case man.

I mean we saw the Delta variant pop up in front of our noses.

Add that to the list of the West Nile virus as well as the 1918 Spanish flu virus all of which mutated to become more lethal.

Off the top of my head I also think I read somewhere that the Ebola virus underwent a mutation in 2016 to become more infectious.

Found the article-

The delta variant showed up as a result of crowding at the vaccination centers due to poor planning by the govt, it wasn't probably even a new variant just that more people got exposed to Covid.
Thousands of unmasked people screaming in the football stadiums at the Euros didn't cause an outbreak, what makes you think there will be another one.
Now even the "vaccinated" can spread the virus and have been advised to mask up again. First they said it would be effective and stopping it entirely, then they said it just reduces the severity of the illness, now they're saying you can still be a carrier if vaxxed and new studies suggest antibodies only last for 2-3 months in a fully vaxxed person all the while pushing for vax passes scaring people with all these variants.

Everyone and their dog has probably had it at this point of time.

The delta variant showed up as a result of crowding at the vaccination centers due to poor planning by the govt, it wasn't probably even a new variant just that more people got exposed to Covid.

It has enough mutations in its structure to be labelled a new variant. It is true that the overcrowding led to the acceleration but the hypothesis that it's not a new variant doesn't look right.

1627813443019.png

But I still think what you say about the current crop of vaccines holds true. It will be a long time till we get proper long-lasting vaccines.

The current crop of vaccines are developed too fast as they had to push them out quickly to slow down the virus. It's not a silver bullet.

As for the ever-changing guidelines its all part of the process of learning how this bugger works. That will take time too.

The current crop of vaccines are developed too fast as they had to push them out quickly to slow down the virus. It's not a silver bullet.

As for the ever-changing guidelines its all part of the process of learning how this bugger works. That will take time too.
That's just another contradiction, they understood it enough to push rushed vaccines onto everyone, one of which was developed in 2 days yet now they don't understand it enough and are backtracking on everything they said.

70 Delta Plus variant cases found across 16 states, UT: Govt tells Lok Sabha

Zika Virus Spreads in Kerala (63 cases), Maharashtra (1 reported): Link to Coronavirus, Symptoms Explained as Cases Rise

Where can I buy genuine n95 masks? The are a thousand masks on Amazon, and they all seem to have ear loops. The ones from 3m and Venus have a lot of negative reviews.

I don't think thats always the case man.

The delta variant is not more lethal but it is much more infectious. This combined with the crowding led to a massive second wave.
The theory that a virus will mutate into a less lethal variant does hold some weight as we have seen the same in sars, swine flu and bubonic plague (and some others i can't recall atm).

It's very difficult to explain a mutation with high mortality ( due to virulence brought by the mutation) and higher infectivity potential at the same time.
The reasoning behind this theory is pretty obvious. The virus doesn't want to kill hosts, so they can replicate freely.
However this theory doesn't always apply during an active epidemic ( or very difficult to verify statistically) as higher infectivity means higher infection in susceptible groups also (specially during an epidemic of this proprtion)
And with this effing virus, every known theory has been challenged. More than 18 months have gone by, nobody still knows the exact methods of transmission yet!
Please don't lower your guards now. AFAIK India is still having more than 30k cases daily. It's far from over, every country that lowered their guards down paid severely. Please don't make the same mistakes over and over again expecting different results.
And please take the vaccine (whatever is available...and if you must travel to US/ EU for work etc. get Covishield/ Sputnik)

The B.1.1.7 variant bucks the trend ?

Can you point us to where this was mentioned ?

In the same month that some European countries are pushing aggressively for Vax passports, the efficacy has not only magically reduced but the antibodies also apparently don't last beyond 2-3 months, a week later the benevolent and generous pharma companies, taking this major humanitarian crisis into consideration have decided to charge the plebs and their governments 25% more per dose for the ligma variants.

If that wasn't enough, the state with probably the most administered vaccine doses tops the casedemic leaderboards, either those people were administered saline or everyone and their dead grandma congregated to eat mutton biryani according to swarajyamag.
Also, as of yesterday if you intend to travel from Maharashtra or Kerala to Karnataka, you need a negative RT-PCR report irrespective of your vaccination status, if that isn't an indirect admission of the vax failure I don't know what is.
Not only do they keey backtracking on what they've said, they will keep lying straight to your faces.

In the same month that some European countries are pushing aggressively for Vax passports, the efficacy has not only magically reduced but the antibodies also apparently don't last beyond 2-3 months, a week later the benevolent and generous pharma companies, taking this major humanitarian crisis into consideration have decided to charge the plebs and their governments 25% more per dose for the ligma variants.

If that wasn't enough, the state with probably the most administered vaccine doses tops the casedemic leaderboards, either those people were administered saline or everyone and their dead grandma congregated to eat mutton biryani according to swarajyamag.
Also, as of yesterday if you intend to travel from Maharashtra or Kerala to Karnataka, you need a negative RT-PCR report irrespective of your vaccination status, if that isn't an indirect admission of the vax failure I don't know what is.
Not only do they keey backtracking on what they've said, they will keep lying straight to your faces.

So what would you suggest we do ? Should we not take the vaccines ?

We should ignore lunatics first ;)
Naah man. Thats a bit too much. psyph3r is a bit too much into conspiracy stuff (evident from the profile pic) but he has some valid points.

As of now the vaccines are better than nothing.

But they might not turn out to be long-term vaccines that we are used to e.g. Polio vaccine. He is just calling out the false hopes that we pinned on the vaccines.

Naah man. Thats a bit too much. psyph3r is a bit too much into conspiracy stuff (evident from the profile pic) but he has some valid points.

As of now the vaccines are better than nothing.

But they might not turn out to be long-term vaccines that we are used to e.g. Polio vaccine. He is just calling out the false hopes that we pinned on the vaccines.
Meh. Not all vaccines are the same. Tetanus vaccine for eg needs to be taken periodically. There's no grand conspiracy there.

Even the actual conspiracies like Pegasus, MK Ultra, Prism etc became public. Someone telling me there's even massive conspiracy that is somehow being perfectly executed across international borders and all countries, even the enemy countries are in on it, then they need to be ignored and/or ridiculed.

Meh. Not all vaccines are the same. Tetanus vaccine for eg needs to be taken periodically. There's no grand conspiracy there.

Tetanus vaccines have been developed over the course of the last 100+ years, not rushed and forced onto everyone without data on long-term effects,

Someone telling me there's even massive conspiracy that is somehow being perfectly executed across international borders and all countries, even the enemy countries are in on it, then they need to be ignored and/or ridiculed.

Where did i imply any of this ? I've only called out the flip-flops and contradictions in this thread.

Back