Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

This is NOT the second wave in India, just continuation of the first and only wave. When you don't have any centralized RT PCR database and anyone can get tested without a registration number from a central control ( ICMR in case of India) every calculation becomes meaningless.
It's not only happening in India but also in most European countries except UK ( where NHS isn't doing a single test but every test from any private lab is going through NHS...I forgot the exact term, but Brits are doing a great job of data collection, even US under Trump was collecting almost 100 percent data, but AFAIK they have given up and they can't be blamed.. everyone is stretched too thin)

This is NOT the second wave in India, just continuation of the first and only wave. When you don't have any centralized RT PCR database and anyone can get tested without a registration number from a central control ( ICMR in case of India) every calculation becomes meaningless.
It's not only happening in India but also in most European countries except UK ( where NHS isn't doing a single test but every test from any private lab is going through NHS...I forgot the exact term, but Brits are doing a great job of data collection, even US under Trump was collecting almost 100 percent data, but AFAIK they have given up and they can't be blamed.. everyone is stretched too thin)
Seems like we are on our own just like day 1. Time to chant "Go carona go"

Last edited:
Don't get me started on that Go corona wala guy... It's bad enough that he makes statements like these, but he is also a Minister of State under the present govt.

Isn't making statements like that literally a core requirement for being a politician in India ??? /s

Correct me. Life after previous pandemics took around 5/10 years to stabilize/get back to normal right?

If your referring to the early 1900 pandemic then yes, it took a few years to stabilize after that. But this is not the early 1900, we are far more advanced as a civilization than we were at the time. This time, i would hope than in a year or so we should be more or less in the clear. Though i fear that the days of the masks and hand sanitizers are here to stay. While the vaccinations et all may (will eventually) work, the virus is not going anywhere, anytime soon. Viruses are, at the end of the day, just inanimate bits of genetic material. Maybe in time we, as a species, will develop some kind of immunity but i would not hold my breath on that....

just my 2c

Dalgona coffee season

Workout for social media showoff season

Thaali bajao season

Diya jalao season

All wil be back this April

#lockdown2021 #MaharashtraLockdown

If your referring to the early 1900 pandemic then yes, it took a few years to stabilize after that. But this is not the early 1900, we are far more advanced as a civilization than we were at the time. This time, i would hope than in a year or so we should be more or less in the clear. Though i fear that the days of the masks and hand sanitizers are here to stay. While the vaccinations et all may (will eventually) work, the virus is not going anywhere, anytime soon. Viruses are, at the end of the day, just inanimate bits of genetic material. Maybe in time we, as a species, will develop some kind of immunity but i would not hold my breath on that....

just my 2c
That is what I was thinking.. yes we are a lot more advanced now which also makes contact more easily unlike before + This virus is on a different godmode. Time will tell, my guess 5-10 years

Correct me. Life after previous pandemics took around 5/10 years to stabilize/get back to normal right?
No idea mate, someone with adequate knowledge of history can shed some light.
Most of us here haven't witnessed anything this big in our lifetimes except HIV AIDS (AFAIK since 1981 it has taken 35 million lives)

I wanna say WHO has told that it'll prolly take 4+ years but don't quote me on that. Professor from college was talking about it.
I won't .. yeah its like a matter of years more or less.
1617724031763.png

That's not good.

Last edited:
well with the current trend we will achieve herd immunity in couple of months . Now we are stuck in a dilemma that should one spend rs 250 on vaccine doses or rs 150 on antigen test.

Considering the amount of times and the speed at which this virus is mutating, the number of variants coming out, i am not really so sure about the herd immunity idea. Also doesn't herd immunity require 60% or more of the population is vaccinated or has been exposed to the virus. The former is going to take a year or so to be done, while the latter is terrifying.

Look within few months we will have a herd immunity.

I would really want to know initial patients current status do they still have antibodies
The different strains are reinfecting the same people again. The mutations will cause Covid again but they will be less severe.

The case count will keep going up as long as the mutations find a way to infect people. However, the death toll should drop off.

The different strains are reinfecting the same people again. The mutations will cause Covid again but they will be less severe.

The case count will keep going up as long as the mutations find a way to infect people. However, the death toll should drop off.
so in future we might have flu and covid shots together :p

Back