Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

I'm sorry for using some technical terms in the last post.
What I meant to say...
1. I still don't understand clearly how the Covaxin works. Even MOA of Covishield is not very clear to me ( possibly due to the lack of understanding of immunolgy beyond very basics)
2. I do understand the MOA of Sputnik and mRNA vaccines just fine.
3. Have no idea about efficacy of the vaccines, however their protective value seems to be much less compared to the claimed values ( I've nothing to substantiate my claim here, but almost everyone in India I know of already received 2 doses of either vaccines and EVERYONE who took the RT PCR test are positive, since the test is not mandatory for doctors in India, no one knows how many of them are actually positive)
4. Measurement of antibodies ( antibody titre) is just a waste of money. It has no diagnostic or prognostic value.
5. Only a small percentage of vaccinated friends in India is having moderate to severe disease, so it may work as BCG vaccine ( which only prevents bad complications of tuberculosis in a certain percentage of recipient, of course a lot of BCG vaccinated people get TB meningitis)
6. All vaccination activities should be stopped when active transmission in a community crosses a certain threhold ( it's an extremely complex calculation and honestly I've forgotten it)
7.Im not a good clinician, all my observations are purely based on statistical correlations and I may be completely wrong.

I'm sorry for using some technical terms in the last post.
What I meant to say...
1. I still don't understand clearly how the Covaxin works. Even MOA of Covishield is not very clear to me ( possibly due to the lack of understanding of immunolgy beyond very basics)
2. I do understand the MOA of Sputnik and mRNA vaccines just fine.
3. Have no idea about efficacy of the vaccines, however their protective value seems to be much less compared to the claimed values ( I've nothing to substantiate my claim here, but almost everyone in India I know of already received 2 doses of either vaccines and EVERYONE who took the RT PCR test are positive, since the test is not mandatory for doctors in India, no one knows how many of them are actually positive)
4. Measurement of antibodies ( antibody titre) is just a waste of money. It has no diagnostic or prognostic value.
5. Only a small percentage of vaccinated friends in India is having moderate to severe disease, so it may work as BCG vaccine ( which only prevents bad complications of tuberculosis in a certain percentage of recipient, of course a lot of BCG vaccinated people get TB meningitis)
6. All vaccination activities should be stopped when active transmission in a community crosses a certain threhold ( it's an extremely complex calculation and honestly I've forgotten it)
7.Im not a good clinician, all my observations are purely based on statistical correlations and I may be completely wrong.
From what I've read the efficacy of the vaccines is good for the old covid variant but it's bad against variants of concern. Even then they're Stating that it prevents severe covid with much higher efficacy in all variants but couldn't find any research link for that. So I think it's good for vulnerable people to be vaccinated if it gives them a higher chance of survival. I read your point 6 in an article but forgot, I think someone in Twitter who's a researcher made that article.

I don't know if you are aware of certain facts..
Either Covaxin/ Covishield ( probably the second one) during phase 3 of trial took 55 years of age as their cut off value. They NEVER tested anyone above 55 years of age for the trial. Yet, we all know after healthcare and frontline workers, who were the targetted demographic for vaccination.
AstraZeneca has applied for complete immunity against all lawsuits emerging from vaccine related mortality/ morbidity.
If you go through carefully about the contraindications for Covaxin ( including those written in really fine prints)...it practically includes everything ( even if you had a minor dust allegy in your lifetime, that's a freaking contraindication)
I'm not against vaccines. But people should be aware of the facts that government, doctors will supress and decide for themselves.
There are many old people who are having protracted symptoms for months after vaccination.
These vaccines are definitely far less efficient and lot more dangerous than what's being said in media.
It should be an informed choice for individuals and things should be a lot more transparent.
In Europe, most countries will take complete care of you if you fall ill after vaccination ( and they are very open about the side effects and not downplaying those)
From what I've read the efficacy of the vaccines is good for the old covid variant but it's bad against variants of concern. Even then they're Stating that it prevents severe covid with much higher efficacy in all variants but couldn't find any research link for that. So I think it's good for vulnerable people to be vaccinated if it gives them a higher chance of survival. I read your point 6 in an article but forgot, I think someone in Twitter who's a researcher made that article.
See the contradictions in this narrative...
1. Efficacy of the vaccine is lower to new strains.
2. Yet, it's helping to prevent severe disease.
3. Point 1 and 2 indicates that whatever the vaccine is doing it's not a very specific action ( protecting from severe disease from a strain without preventing infection, indicating it's not your typical antigen antibody lock and key mechanism of protection)
4. However the same pro vaccination groups are trying to measure a specific antibody to establish the efficacy of the vaccine, fully knowing anti spike antibody is neither protective in nature nor helping the memory T cells.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are aware of certain facts..
Either Covaxin/ Covishield ( probably the second one) during phase 3 of trial took 55 years of age as their cut off value. They NEVER tested anyone above 55 years of age for the trial. Yet, we all know after healthcare and frontline workers, who were the targetted demographic for vaccination.
AstraZeneca has applied for complete immunity against all lawsuits emerging from vaccine related mortality/ morbidity.
If you go through carefully about the contraindications for Covaxin ( including those written in really fine prints)...it practically includes everything ( even if you had a minor dust allegy in your lifetime, that's a freaking contraindication)
I'm not against vaccines. But people should be aware of the facts that government, doctors will supress and decide for themselves.
There are many old people who are having protracted symptoms for months after vaccination.
These vaccines are definitely far less efficient and lot more dangerous than what's being said in media.
It should be an informed choice for individuals and things should be a lot more transparent.
In Europe, most countries will take complete care of you if you fall ill after vaccination ( and they are very open about the side effects and not downplaying those)

See the contradictions in this narrative...
1. Efficacy of the vaccine is lower to new strains.
2. Yet, it's helping to prevent severe disease.
3. Point 1 and 2 indicates that whatever the vaccine is doing it's not a very specific action ( protecting from severe disease from a strain without preventing infection, indicating it's not your typical antigen antibody lock and key mechanism of protection)
4. However the same pro vaccination groups are trying to measure a specific antibody to establish the efficacy of the vaccine, fully knowing anti spike antibody is neither protective in nature nor helping the memory T cells.
Sadly there are no other options yet, let's see how it goes. I guess all vaccines will have less efficacy when it comes to new variants.

guys, I'm having slight fever(37.4 ~ 37.6), cold and cough. No issues with smell and tastes... could it be a Corona? taking dolo 650 for now.

all home collection test labs does not have any time slots for next three days here.

Any suggestions? is any other medicines should I be taking?

guys, I'm having slight fever(37.4 ~ 37.6), cold and cough. No issues with smell and tastes... could it be a Corona? taking dolo 650 for now.

all home collection test labs does not have any time slots for next three days here.

not sure what to suggest.
but recently a friend got diagnosed positive (early stage), he was prescribed paracetamol and multivitamins.

try to get rtpcr test done as soon as possible if you are specious of getting infection.

Whatever it is, isolate yourself for 14 days, take plenty of fluids and paracetamol if necessary.
Avoid any antibiotics, vitamin supplements etc. if you're being able to eat normally. Don't check your oxygen saturation and panic if you don't have breathing problems. Any chest tightness/ loose motions, nausea...see a doctor.
Most importantly don't panic, I know easier said than done....you'll be fine.

I recently recovered from a throat issue. Had slight temperature for a couple of days. I'm usually prone to throat problems and I take Podocip CV 325 (Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic Acid). This time however I started a 5-day course with Azithral 500 (Azithromycin) along with Multivitamins and Vitamin-C.

But why I thought to mention this here is because Azithromycin for some people can cause a tricky side effect. It has the tendency to suppress smell and taste. Macrolide antibiotics apparently can do this for some people. By Day 3 of my 5-day course my sense of smell was all but completely gone. I could only smell coffee and nail polish very mildly but most other things no. My taste however was intact along with appetite.

After completing the course, within a couple of days my smell returned and everything was peachy again.

Last edited:
Great post man!!
Amoxicillin, macrolides ( esp Azithromycin) and quinolones ( esp Ciprofloxacin) do alter sense of taste and smell. Basically almost everything can screw up taste sensation. But these 3 antibiotics can alter sense of smell.
Even steroids ( specially fluticasone and prednisolone) can interfere with sense of smell.
Taste and smell clinic @ Tokyo published some wonderful articles about drug induced hyposmia and anosmia few years back.
@Black_Hawk , man!! that was a great post even for hardcore medical forums!! Thank you.

Last year covid wave i lost complete sense of taste but didn't have fever so did not bother for covid test one year later i am still alive.

I have had fever for three days now, on first day it was between 104-101, from second day coming down to 99, today having pain in chest and upper back when i sneeze, burning sensation around the chest area. Also dry cough. Havent gone outside the house in one month and had gotten RTPCR last time i went out, it was negative.

I have had fever for three days now, on first day it was between 104-101, from second day coming down to 99, today having pain in chest and upper back when i sneeze, burning sensation around the chest area. Also dry cough. Havent gone outside the house in one month and had gotten RTPCR last time i went out, it was negative.
you seem to have all the classic well known symptoms. Isolate yourself and wear masks within the house to protect others. Sleep on the stomach.
for people at home should drink green tea (with tulsi) and can consume pomegranate if available. this could really help in mild cases or could reduce the viral load and thereby reducing the severity

And obviously maintain social distancing and do breathing exercises

Last edited:
On 16th March, I developed fever which lasted 5 days continuously, mild cough and congestion of mucosal sinus. Dr didn't call it 'rona, neither got tested. For 3 days he gave me antibiotics which didn't work, on 4th day he switched it to Monocef. That worked like charm. Got better eventually in total of 10 days but as soon as I got better, 2 days after that my mother went through the same thing but she recovered sooner than me.
In both of our cases, the Dr was same and he called it a seasonal flu. Still don't know if it was flu or Corona.

Ceftriaxone in seasonal flu? Are you sure it wasn't enteric fever?
The Doc didn't prescribe any tests to me but did tell my mother to get tested for typhoid if her situation doesn't improves. Luckily she didn't have to. In my case he had said on 4th day that if my fever doesn't breaks in next 2 days then I should get myself tested for Covid.
When Monocef worked, that's when I began suspecting it to be something related to lungs/respiratory system because in 2017, I had my first and very bad case of Asthma and at that time, my Dr was Arup Basu at Gangaram, who prescribed Monocef alongside Antihistamines such as Montelukast. Those worked for me then.

Could not find any lab to take RTPCR sample from home for tomorrow, SRL has stopped take covid samples from home, others also not available, will try tomorrow morning.

Could not find any lab to take RTPCR sample from home for tomorrow, SRL has stopped take covid samples from home, others also not available, will try tomorrow morning.
truth be told ,at least in few of the Mumbai hospitals in the last year ,when a report rtpcr was negative a CT scan was recommended . You should go for that that will exactly give the current situation of lungs , and you might/should get admitted to a hospital or at center so as to keep covid in check

Back