Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

It's so difficult working here...can't imagine any political leader requesting/ ordering to change cause of death in a DC anywhere, even in Africa.
Hah! That's what I've been saying for a long time. Thought people didn't believe me. People who haven't encountered will never really understand how much influence and pressure politicians put on hospitals and doctors. Sadly the health care workers here pay too much bribe so they cannot risk biting the hands which feed them. Good to get another source from ground reality. :hilarious:
It's day 10 today, tabs already over for me lol. I wanted to question my doc why 10day antibiotics, vit c and zinc but it seems to be the norm here.
My parents also bought a lot of limcee and calcium lol. I don't know for how long they have been eating them. Limcee was sold out for a long time and people in the grey market sold a strip for hundreds. At first it was the rich people and politicians who bought them out last year. That's what chemists told me directly.

Hah! That's what I've been saying for a long time. Thought people didn't believe me. People who haven't encountered will never really understand how much influence and pressure politicians put on hospitals and doctors. Sadly the health care workers here pay too much bribe so they cannot risk biting the hands which feed them. Good to get another source from ground reality. :hilarious:

My parents also bought a lot of limcee and calcium lol. I don't know for how long they have been eating them. Limcee was sold out for a long time and people in the grey market sold a strip for hundreds. At first it was the rich people and politicians who bought them out last year. That's what chemists told me directly.
Calcium supplements are controversial, be careful with it. I read they may increase the risk of heart disease, the research isn't conclusive though.
Also at least you got hospitals to go for in case of emergencies, in small towns like mine PHC is equipped to handle only emergencies like "common cold, fever and stomach issues" No hospital in the 30kms radius handles emergencies here. India really needs to step up it's health care.

Also at least you got hospitals to go for in case of emergencies,
Except they will decline you. I've posted about two incidents in the last few days. Both patients (I knew one of them personally) died because hospitals (both govt and private) refuse to admit them. Bed shortage was not the problem just fyi.

Except they will decline you. I've posted about two incidents in the last few days. Both patients (I knew one of them personally) died because hospitals (both govt and private) refuse to admit them. Bed shortage was not the problem just fyi.
Ya saw that, it's messed up everywhere

Yes, this country is messed up. We brought more than 700 vials ( given for free, directly from Gilead) of Remdesivir, a good amount of Actemra ( Tocilizumab)
The airport authority was supposed to send the boxes to kolkata latest by Tuesday, nothing has come yet! And I'm sick and tired of arguing with the boneheads sitting in every critical position.
Forget pandemic, how does this country run during normal time? Everything is so freaking convoluted...even speaking to the family members of patients is a very painful process. Why don't they allow phones for non critical patients?
Every country by now has some protocols in place regarding the covid issue...India has NONE....still relying on the stupid AIIMS protocol ( probably written by a PGT after night duty).. gradually getting frustrated..paramedics/ nursing staff don't know about the basics of after death dignity. They just keep the body naked on the bed, not even a sheet to cover. It's so disgusting!! India was definitely much better 6-7 years ago.

Last edited:
Yes, this country is messed up. We brought more than 700 vials ( given for free, directly from Gilead) of Remdesivir, a good amount of Actemra ( Tocilizumab)
The airport authority was supposed to send the boxes to kolkata latest by Tuesday, nothing has come yet! And I'm sick and tired of arguing with the boneheads sitting in every critical position.
Forget pandemic, how does this country run during normal time? Everything is so freaking convoluted...even speaking to the family members of patients is a very painful process. Why don't they allow phones for non critical patients?
Every country by now has some protocols in place regarding the covid issue...India has NONE....still relying on the stupid AIIMS protocol ( probably written by a PGT after night duty).. gradually getting frustrated..paramedics/ nursing staff don't know about the basics of after death dignity. They just keep the body naked on the bed, not even a sheet to cover. It's so disgusting!! India was definitely much better 6-7 years ago.
AFAIK phones are allowed in covid wards by patients.UP govt banned phones in covid wards but order was revoked later.maybe Bengal govt issued some direction.patients making videos of covid wards and sharing them on social media showing how bad conditions are in hospitals was reason behind it.all politicians are same they want to hide everything from public.There is lots of foreign aid lying at airports since April and govt have not alloted these aids to states.maybe they are slowly releasing aids to bjp ruled states only.There is big lot of Remdesivir injections is lying at airport was meant for export by indian pharma companies but govt banned export of remdesivir now govt is not letting them export nor they are giving permission to pharma companies for selling them in india.maybe govt will give them to their mp,mla and they will distribute them from bjp office like they did earlier.peple are dying and govt is playing blame games with non bjp ruled states.leave alone Remdesivir in this country patients are not getting oxygen states and hospitals have to reach supreme court to get oxygen.if their is shortage of Remdesivir someone from govt will come on TV and tell Remdesivir is of no use in treatment of covid.someone will come on tv and declare if people went for CT scan they will get cancer.if someone needs remdesivir dr.will make a file and send to a state commetti of higher officials and then they will decide whether to give remdesivir or not.

Last edited:
Ivermectin is really a very promising drug. Though a broad spectrum anthelmintic, it definitely acts against many RNA virus in vitro, including influenza.
It basically inhibits the carrier proteins which carry the viral RNA into the host cell nucleus ( not getting into details of various such proteins.
Since ivermectin is a very old and cheap drug, it's not seeing any major promotions from large pharmaceutical companies. I am not sure of in vivo results, but it should help.

Since ivermectin is a very old and cheap drug, it's not seeing any major promotions from large pharmaceutical companies
Last year this was promoted by some state governments like UP as an inexpensive kit of Zinc, Doxycycline & Ivermectin. It probably helped in reducing serious cases last year. The cost of the kit was about Rs 150

pasting something form the bangalore sub -- just for information and public awareness.

Date : May 08, 2021 , source : /r/bangalore/comments/n7l0af/just_cremated_a_loved_one_sharing_the_process/
  1. Some one from the family will be required to physically visit the hospital, mortuary etc. Please have multiple copies of Aadhaar and covid report handy.
  2. Please please please do not set foot anywhere without a full body PPE - cap, face shield, gown, boot cover, gloves
  3. You will first have to visit the billing section of the hospital to clear dues, if any
  4. You will then be issued a discharge report
  5. On the basis of that you will be issued a death certificate. Please ensure that the deth certificate details are correct, from what we hear there are too many mistakes happening. This is essential not only for legal purposes but also for cremation
  6. Visit the morgue to physically identify the body. We were asked to submit 2x photo copies of the death certificate issued. Getting it photocopied was a real struggle.
  7. Once done, you are free to take the body to the crematorium of your choice. Alternatively, you can also request BBMP to perform the cremation on your behalf.
  8. From what we heard, there's a 2 day queue at the crematoriums. Nothing greasing some fingers won't solve. 25k
  9. Senior citizens will not be allowed to attend the cremation.
  10. Those attending please do so in full PPE. once done please dispose of the PPE safely and keep yourself sanitized.

At this point .. i can only say... we failed collectively as a human. no humanity left. People with authority denying the truth & their 2 twitter warriors 24x7 spreading misinformation everywhere.
"Justice for bengali hindu" trending in twitter right now with over three million tweets and again SSR trending with over 200k tweets. Modi shah and their blind followers has ****ed this country beyond Gods' capability of repair.

I have lost 3 friends/family in last 6 weeks.... no one deserved that pathetic ending, dying alone.
We are angry and frustrated with with the medical system and hospital (indeed they leached all insurance money when they came to know), angry with doctors and the entire processes till we get the death certificates. None of a single mofo will come to help rather will suck you out of money and ensure you are feeling miserable at the highest level.

But recently someone posted something in reddit, which i wanted to share. if i had this perspective earlier we could have managed ourselves better. Context is - when someone asked why family member are redistricted to visit the patient in ICU.
There is high risk of infection as well as the mental trauma involved in visiting an ICU where people are literally gasping for breath.
My sibling is a doctor on Covid duty and its hard even for him to see patients suffering like that as they watch helplessly in many cases.
Last month my uncle passed away while my brother was at his bedside in the ICU.
Covid is a very cruel disease and doctors do not want you inside the ICU because of the risk of infection and the trauma that it can give you.
Also seeing a loved one in such a state may make attenders go violent or make them demand more attention for a specific patient when the hospitals are already short staffed.
This can lead to serious conflicts, and I have already seen a few at hospitals.
Also there is no specific doc you can talk to as the actual docs are on two hour shifts mostly and the PG students on 6 hr shifts.
All the patients are visited by all the attending docs on a need to basis.
Your best bet would be to get your dad a smartphone by asking someone at the hospital (of course assuming that he is in a position to handle it).
Its a tough situation and I know what it feels like to be in your situation.
Just hang in there and please do not get overly agitated at the hospital, it doesn't help matters.
The staff are already fed up, just persevere and hope that someone will answer your questions.

We should and must be considerate towards the doctors... not everyone is blood lecher and they are human too.
Its very much traumatic for them.
They are also just a part of failed and corrupt system, nothing much in their hand but just to stand and watch people die hopelessly.
---------------------

@red dragon - What do you think about this news of Ivermectin coming out as a great prophylactic.

i refuse any information by Indian media.... where everyone is expert of everything.

you may want to see this - https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consu...-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Ivermectin is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiparasitic drug that is used to treat several neglected tropical diseases, including onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies.1 It is also being evaluated for its potential to reduce the rate of malaria transmission by killing mosquitoes that feed on treated humans and livestock.2 For these indications, ivermectin has been widely used and is generally well tolerated.1,3 Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for the treatment of any viral infection.

Last edited:
Regarding Ivermectin...I only spoke about in vitro studies ( it's tried with many RNA virus, HIV, Zika, influenza to name a few)
I didn't have time to read real in patient trials, and presently not using it to any of my patients.
This is a dangerous trend among Indian doctors to stay in the ICU for just the rounds and leave the rest on residents.
Never seen this in Europe, even here at least 2-3 of us are present continuously 24*7. Yes, residents are good here, but they are still learning how to communicate with family members.
Empathy is what we lack in India at every level.
Here, in this makeshift hospital, there are more than 200 patients, at least 30 are admitted under local consultants, none of the 4 came this morning as it's Sunday!!
Two unfortunate patients succumbed last night ( both were admitted under local consultants) One of my French colleagues called them up and requested them to inform the families, they said they would and hung up. Seconds later they called up one of the residents and ordered him to inform the family!!
These sort of things can only happen in India. I really can't blame people to loose it completely and attacking the doctors ( of course I don't support it, but everyone has a threshold)
Most senior doctors in Kolkata are not even coming to hospitals and doing only tele consultations. It's the residents who are working tirelessly.
So when an expert is coming on television and claiming how hard they are working, you won't see any sign of fatigue in them. Ask these people, how many patients have you intubated today?
The whole system is ****ed up beyond repair. This bunch of "senior" doctors treat the residents as their orderlies. I can bet none of these "senior" guys even have half of our educational qualification. So much arrogance with just a MBBS and MD after their names...truly unbelievable how these jackasses speak to the family members..

Last edited:
Most senior doctors in Kolkata are not even coming to hospitals and doing only tele consultations. It's the residents who are working tirelessly.
True story. I've heard this countless number of times from my medical friends. They said it was already hard enough without the covid and the pandemic made things much worse for them. They also said they didn't even get any sleep for 2-3 days and this continued for much of 2020. Meanwhile the senior ones get a lot of time in their own department saying the "newbies" need the "experience."

Regarding Ivermectin...I only spoke about in vitro studies ( it's tried with many RNA virus, HIV, Zika, influenza to name a few)
I didn't have time to read real in patient trials, and presently not using it to any of my patients.
This is a dangerous trend among Indian doctors to stay in the ICU for just the rounds and leave the rest on residents.
Never seen this in Europe, even here at least 2-3 of us are present continuously 24*7. Yes, residents are good here, but they are still learning how to communicate with family members.
Empathy is what we lack in India at every level.
Here, in this makeshift hospital, there are more than 200 patients, at least 30 are admitted under local consultants, none of the 4 came this morning as it's Sunday!!
Two unfortunate patients succumbed last night ( both were admitted under local consultants) One of my French colleagues called them up and requested them to inform the families, they said they would and hung up. Seconds later they called up one of the residents and ordered him to inform the family!!
These sort of things can only happen in India. I really can't blame people to loose it completely and attacking the doctors ( of course I don't support it, but everyone has a threshold)
So when an expert is coming on television and claiming how hard they are working, you won't see any sign of fatigue in them. Ask these people, how many patients have you intubated today?
The whole system is ****ed up beyond repair. This bunch of "senior" doctors treat the residents as their orderlies. I can bet none of these "senior" guys even have half of our educational qualification. So much arrogance with just a MBBS and MD after their names...truly unbelievable!!
ye baat pe me sehemat hu. Doctor and Staff need to be abit concious towards family members also. I still remember when me or my family use to rome around the whole ICU and other places to just ask doctors on how to get this stuff done. very few people were helpful reset where rude. Its a tough job but this behavior makes it more complicated.

Whenever you see some "big" doctor giving lecture in Twitter or FB, ask them what exactly are they doing? How many of them can actually put on a PPE without assistance?
These guys are really lucky to have such docile residents and nursing staff.
In countries like Germany, Spain, France or even Czechia, they wouldn't be able to practice for a day with this kind of attitude.

Last edited:
Whenever you see some "big" doctor giving lecture in Twitter or FB, ask them what exactly are they doing? How many of them can actually put on a PPE without assistance?
I think this pandemic has really shown us, as a country, who we really are and the kind of "leaders" we have amidst us - both elected and otherwise. I hope that people in all will reject all such holier-than-thou people, but I also know it probably won't happen with the "chalta hai" attitude we have here :/

Kolkatta hospitals had these kind of much before Covid19. Reason why sometimes relatives of patients go violent. There is no proper fool proof legal solutions. Since many Dr.s take fidelity insurance, insurance companies fight in court on their behalf.

One of my colleague's family had a new born child in a well known hospital in Kolkatta. The child was born a week or so early, so had to be placed in incubator. It came out they didn't have proper temperature control of the machine and the child passed away in incubator, body was in a miserable state which I don't want to describe. Since they were decent family, they complained in police, reported in media for few mins and the case went no where.

This is a extremely serious issue in India, always blaming relatives of patients for being violent is not justifiable. The entire medical system is as corrupt as everything else.

Many here may be already well versed with how pharma distribution companies make Dr.'s life difficult pushing unnecessary medicines and treatments.

Back