Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

@red dragon and other Doctors on this forum. Please confirm the following.

According to a doctor who treated The Wire's Senior Editor Arfa Khanum Sherwani of COVID the following is enough if you are able to start the treatment within the first few days i.e., as soon as you suspect. Do not waste time waiting for RT-PCR and HR-CT. The total cost of the treatment is less than ₹600. The key is start during the first few days.

He is even suggesting to take One Ivermectin 12 mg / 18 mg tablet once a week as a prophylactic (safety) measure until the virus goes away and we are all effectively vaccinated.

Link:

Link: https://drdeepaknatarajan.com/3737-2/
GOA also has jumped onto ivermectin ,i am unaware it has been ruled out by many organisation ,but if a state uses it we will be able to pull out some information

IMO, the time between waning of wave-2 and onset of wave-3 should have been used to vaccinate as many as possible to reduce mortalities. If this recommendation gets through, don't know how many more waves we have to deal with!!

with heavy heart i have to say already kids have been affected by covid in cities like Surat etc one of my acquaintances told that in a household atleast one or 2 people are found to be covid + ,and there are cases in Mumbai as well kids have covid antigens and after tests they are covid positive as well
A couple of kids among my relatives have been victims of COVID. The kids contracted it at their tuition center and subsequently everyone in the family were infected. The kids recovered quickly, but the dad had to be hospitalized (he already had wheezing issues) and has recovered now thankfully.

A couple of kids among my relatives have been victims of COVID. The kids contracted it at their tuition center and subsequently everyone in the family were infected. The kids recovered quickly, but the dad had to be hospitalized (he already had wheezing issues) and has recovered now thankfully.
irony of life .People are not valuing the lives ,what's the point of education or school colleges when you are risking life's ,accept that 2-3 years of lives have been wasted with respect to education .And people who think just allowing students to cancelling SSC exams and other boards is a short term solution for government ,but is a long term damage to the career of he student

Please don't start Ivermectin even if you're having mild symptoms.
Just take paracetamol if required and PLENTY OF FLUIDS.
If the cough is very severe with sore throat..try to manage with steam, warm saline gurgle. Don't take anti histaminics or mast cell stabilizers. They may actually worsen your symptoms by drying the airways.
Some idiots are prescribing montelukast.
Seen thousands of covid patients by now, these drugs don't help with symptoms, some actually worsen them.
Arjun here sent me an article about hypoglycemia associated with zincovit !! Had no idea..he himself is having low blood glucose.
I'm not against self medication during times like these, but instead of whatsapp forwards, google the drugs and read about them from a reputable site.
Vaccine shortage: It can be dealt with some common sense and technical knowledge.
Instead GOI is trying to spread absurd articles as scientific studies.
When you're suffering from shortage of vaccine, you stop calculating population in general and target geographical areas. Area with 5/10 kilometre radius...target 60-80% population of that area and vaccinate them, move onto adjacent 5-10 kilometre radius. Since most people are not traveling much, this is how you vaccinate.
Not a freaking app and fastest finger fast approach.
Vaccine shortage can occur, specially in a time like this. But there are ways to overcome it, you just don't pull out ideas from your ass, you try to remember what was written in books. Everything is written in a textbook, all the doctors have read it. But now they are too big for a textbook...everyone wants to be the next John Snow!!

^ I was tested positive for COVID 19 on December 25 last year without any symptoms except the complete loss of smell. Till now, my smell has come back ~ 50-60% but I don't fully taste chocolate or bakery. Just wanted to know how long it takes to get the smell back?

Where did I say door to door? Door to door is difficult as the vaccines are not very safe.
The geographical approach is the most effective strategy with vaccine shortage. WHY NONE OF THE 56 INCHER'S SIDEKICK DOCTOR KNOWS THE ABSOLUTELY BASIC THINGS!!??

WHY NONE OF THE 56 INCHER'S SIDEKICK DOCTOR KNOWS THE ABSOLUTELY BASIC THINGS!!??

They are busy doing flip-flops, now after hundreds of patients have spent lakhs on plasma therapy and remdisivir they've now done a 180. They also aren't sure when to recommend the second dose and keep changing the timeframe. It was 6-8, now it's 12-16 weeks, next it's going to be 18-20 weeks just to manage stock.

Why should we even consider what the govt here says regarding 2nd dose timeline when Covishield/AZ's proven timelines are set and followed in every other country - just stick to that.

Why should we even consider what the govt here says regarding 2nd dose timeline when Covishield/AZ's proven timelines are set and followed in every other country - just stick to that.
They can't, low stock, so instead of coming up with new strategy they will invent imaginary "safe protocols" made by cardiac surgeons who have never seen a vaccine vial.

They can't, low stock, so instead of coming up with new strategy they will invent imaginary "safe protocols" made by cardiac surgeons who have never seen a vaccine vial.
How long do you expect the shortage to last? I haven't really checked anything on this, but 2-3 weeks of managing and should be back to normal?

How long do you expect the shortage to last? I haven't really checked anything on this, but 2-3 weeks of managing and should be back to normal?
No idea. Some government hospitals in kolkata do have vaccines ( I have seen the stocks myself) but they are waiting for some "clearance".
I didn't understand one thing, health is state's responsibility, why it is different for vaccines?
Moreover the vaccinators and their supervisors never went through large scale vaccination programs. They wasted almost 2 doses of vaccine/ vial for months.
It's a complete clusterfuck.

They are busy doing flip-flops, now after hundreds of patients have spent lakhs on plasma therapy and remdisivir they've now done a 180. They also aren't sure when to recommend the second dose and keep changing the timeframe. It was 6-8, now it's 12-16 weeks, next it's going to be 18-20 weeks just to manage stock.
I won't be surprised if they start saying 1 dose is enough :/

Becasue of the delay in placing orders and releasing funds, vaccine production will only ramp up by July which means the majority of the country is looking at a post-August timeframe for getting vaccinated (I doubt nationwide vaccination will be completed even in 2022)

Area with 5/10 kilometre radius...target 60-80% population of that area and vaccinate them, move onto adjacent 5-10 kilometre radius. Since most people are not traveling much, this is how you vaccinate.
I had suggested this to our local MLA. They are doing a 2KM radius now, even though BJP this guy is doing good work based on logic.

IMO, they should have targeted tier 1 cities first where the population density is highest, subsequently tier 2 and then villages etc. This would have arrested the fall in tax collection as their major economic centers would be open to business. Also, advanced medical infrastructure available in such cities would have been freed up to aid patients from tier 2 and lower cities. Instead, they chose to play Russian roulette everywhere.
or you could pull your pants down and walk into a vaccination center.
A few vaccinated people going door to door is better and safer for the public than many crowding at a vaccination center. If you are not interested feel free to refuse, it is not mandatory, let's not put others at risk for your convenience.

Last edited:
Back