Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

" And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. "

People are gonna use this as an excuse to send dick pics to the police!

Yeah, that would be the right way to go about this. I would instead not reply at all and when they come and find me at my home, not breaking any rules, there is nothing that they can do to me legally.
But you see such autocratic rules in every novel/movie on utopian societies as most people would endure such measures just to stay alive. I mean, ask anyone who travelled during the pandemic and who were made to forcibly install the 'Aarogya Setu' app. I used to install it exactly for 10 minutes, when I needed to use it.

" And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. "

Please watch this video if you haven't already.

Wow, I thought only Indians were subservient.

Ok I read about the app and it's not for residents. It is for travellers who are quarantining at home instead of quarantine facilities. They'll have to give the address where they'll be staying for the duration of quarantine and the app will monitor that they (or at least their phones) are the the given location.

Seems reasonable to me. What would be the alternative? Ankle monitors? I'm sure we all know about Indians who were asked to quarantine at home (with the date stamped on their hand) but didn't.

Also, I checked on reddit and /r/australia has nothing about this while American conservative subreddits are going wild.

Last edited:

Ending it will take time.. a lot more time than we think I guess.

Is there some data now on the chance of severe symptoms if you're vaccinated?
Anyway, by the current theory of delta variant and reinfections, places like Delhi shouldn't be having such low counts.

The UK has said the Indians vaccinated with Covishield would still be treated as unvaccinated.

Though the whole thing reeks hypocrisy, can't fully blame other countries considering how much Indians try to circumvent the system using duplicate certificates, fake vaccines, etc. Govts. here are routinely falsifying death certificates too for those who passed away in Covid19.

Nevertheless, authorities all over the world have to find a way out for this which make sense for common man. Found a person in my acquaintance took 5 shots of 3 different vaccines ! 2 from the country he is working, 2 shots of bharat biotech vaccine, 1 shot of PFizer booster just in case he have to travel to USA /EU !

Maybe more monetary benefits also. It costs around 80 pounds for 2nd day and 8th day PCR test while in self isolation. It is compulsory to fill in the passenger locator form and pay for the test online. The PCR kit is sent to your self isolation address and you have to do the PCR test yourself and send the sample to the test center by visiting the nearest post office to post the test sample.

The UK has said the Indians vaccinated with Covishield would still be treated as unvaccinated
Logically the rule does not make sense as the technology came from the UK and India has also supplied Covidshield to the UK and the UK is now asking India to step up and supply vaccines to rest of the the world!

Will this rule apply to just Indians or to UK citizens also who have taken Covidshield?
If it applies only to Indians than it is racism!
If it applies to UK citizens also then it is just a stupid rule!

Logically the rule does not make sense as the technology came from the UK and India has also supplied Covidshield to the UK and the UK is now asking India to step up and supply vaccines to rest of the the world!

Will this rule apply to just Indians or to UK citizens also who have taken Covidshield?
If it applies only to Indians than it is racism!
If it applies to UK citizens also then it is just a stupid rule!
Seems, they have put similar conditions for people from other countries too.
What irks Indian politicians may be the fact that the vaccine both citizens in UK and India use is the same, at least partial volume manufactured in India and exported for their use.

Unfortunately, there is huge trust issues against Indians from govt. and people in other countries. Can't blame them because Indians were selling fake rtpcr tests like roadside trinkets, fake vaccine certificates and what not. Though wanting to side with India, seeing such negative behavior from Indians, can't fully blame foreign countries.

Back