Corona virus

I am disappointed you feel this way. You are welcome to report such incidents. I don't go around reading all posts and especially not of the person in question because the way they are formatted is an eye sore. The post that you reported did not qualify for any action for the reasons I mentioned there. There are other moderators on the forum who may have a different view than me and more visibility than me on past incidents. Eddy and Logistopath are far more sensible than I. Please use the report button whenever you come across such posts.
How much time are we going to waste reporting a troll's messages? then disecting if it "qualifies for action". Most people like me just stop visiting the threads this troll posts on, and soon, the forum if it continues. Cause this guy has been a constant eye sore. Posts the most banal & obviously wrong stuff and wrong info. Its a mistake if its done a few times, its propaganda and trolling if done continuously. Yet he continues. Ban the fuc*er and any other accounts he makes and make this forum bearable again.

Skin infection in toes possibly due to covid 19
OMG I just missed this part of the post. People who had followed my previous post would know that everyone at my house had fallen ill one by one with mild symptoms and with symptoms that red_dragon had mentioned. I had noticed a toe boil kind of a thing on my son's feet a few days back with no possible explanation of how it would occur on the inside of his toes. Such a coincidence that this article appears around the same time. He even had a pink eye couple of weeks back which went away within a day or two.

Did your son have it on a single toe? If everyone is fine now, do not worry. How old is your kid? Since he had conjunctivitis couple of weeks ago, and the pernio like thing few days back, they are possibly unrelated. However check for his taste ( put few crystals of sugar in outstretched tongue) and smell (use mint/ clove oil/ mustard oil, one nostril at a time, other closed by pinching from side of the nose)

Did your son have it on a single toe? If everyone is fine now, do not worry. How old is your kid? Since he had conjunctivitis couple of weeks ago, and the pernio like thing few days back, they are possibly unrelated. However check for his taste ( put few crystals of sugar in outstretched tongue) and smell (use mint/ clove oil/ mustard oil, one nostril at a time, other closed by pinching from side of the nose)
Yep single toe. He is 18 months so those tests are not possible. Everyone is fine now, so not worried.

How much time are we going to waste reporting a troll's messages? then disecting if it "qualifies for action". Most people like me just stop visiting the threads this troll posts on, and soon, the forum if it continues. Cause this guy has been a constant eye sore. Posts the most banal & obviously wrong stuff and wrong info. Its a mistake if its done a few times, its propaganda and trolling if done continuously. Yet he continues. Ban the fuc*er and any other accounts he makes and make this forum bearable again.

Just put him on ignore. Quite an achievement really coz, I'd never put anyone on ignore till date in over two decades of being in several forums.

Please ignore or report his posts.

Just scrolled through few of his posts in other threads. This guy is very interesting and has some unique POvs on various topics. What does he do in real life to have so much time to research on so many different topics? And the way he multi quotes and put links in his posts, it is unlikely he is on a phone or ipad like us most of the time.
I was somewhat active here about 10 years back, but still remember some of his posts ( mostly due to his avatar of some green bubbles or similar) Really want to know more about him in real life.

Just scrolled through few of his posts in other threads. This guy is very interesting and has some unique POvs on various topics. What does he do in real life to have so much time to research on so many different topics? And the way he multi quotes and put links in his posts, it is unlikely he is on a phone or ipad like us most of the time.
I was somewhat active here about 10 years back, but still remember some of his posts ( mostly due to his avatar of some green bubbles or similar) Really want to know more about him in real life.
You need to stop obsessing over him man. It is coming across as like you are really missing him now.[emoji1787][emoji1787]
You still haven't told us about the relation between why the HIV patients survived despite COVID causing increased fatalaties in immuno-compromised patients.

Right, right!!
I will try to explain without getting into medical jargon.
1.HIV works by depressing cell mediated immunity , predminantly CD4 positive T helper cells( Full blown AIDS affect both cell mediated and humoral immunity)
2.Now if you read about the pathophysiology of covid 19 ( or even CoV1, the original SARS virus) the organ damage is caused by the cytokines released by the WBC of the infected individual.
( Please do not bash me by saying it is not WBC which secretes cytokines, bothT, B lymphocytes, eosinophils etc. are all WBCs and I do not want to confuse my engineer / non biologist friends here by introducing the complex system of generation of cytokines and the cells producing them or the expressed surface gene receptors etc. I am aware of most of that)
Its the leukotriene which is the worst of the lot and certain TNFs ( tumor necrosis factor) that attack the host cells of lungs( causing pneumonia, ARDS- which is nothing but pulmonary oedema without a failing heart), kidney (renal failure), endothelium ( vascular endothelium of ophthalmic artery causing conjunctivitis, peripheral arteries causing frost bite like lesions in toes as Renegade has seen)
Basically it is the leukotriene that is the root cause of all the issues of covid 19.
3. Now, an HIV/AIDS patient with very low CD4 T cell count ( often less than 200) where from this leukotriene will come, if the source itself is scarce. So even after infection ( they are few thousand times more prone to get infected) the case fatality rate is very very low ( can be even 0) as there is no chance of the cytokine storm.
Hope I made myself clear on this simple explanation.
Now, applying similar logic , you can explain why the case fatality rate is so low in infants/ new born. Now the question is, why the diabetics are having such a high mortality rate? Anybody care to answer?

Right, right!!
I will try to explain without getting into medical jargon.
1.HIV works by depressing cell mediated immunity , predminantly CD4 positive T helper cells( Full blown AIDS affect both cell mediated and humoral immunity)
2.Now if you read about the pathophysiology of covid 19 ( or even CoV1, the original SARS virus) the organ damage is caused by the cytokines released by the WBC of the infected individual.
( Please do not bash me by saying it is not WBC which secretes cytokines, bothT, B lymphocytes, eosinophils etc. are all WBCs and I do not want to confuse my engineer / non biologist friends here by introducing the complex system of generation of cytokines and the cells producing them or the expressed surface gene receptors etc. I am aware of most of that)
Its the leukotriene which is the worst of the lot and certain TNFs ( tumor necrosis factor) that attack the host cells of lungs( causing pneumonia, ARDS- which is nothing but pulmonary oedema without a failing heart), kidney (renal failure), endothelium ( vascular endothelium of ophthalmic artery causing conjunctivitis, peripheral arteries causing frost bite like lesions in toes as Renegade has seen)
Basically it is the leukotriene that is the root cause of all the issues of covid 19.
3. Now, an HIV/AIDS patient with very low CD4 T cell count ( often less than 200) where from this leukotriene will come, if the source itself is scarce. So even after infection ( they are few thousand times more prone to get infected) the case fatality rate is very very low ( can be even 0) as there is no chance of the cytokine storm.
Hope I made myself clear on this simple explanation.
Now, applying similar logic , you can explain why the case fatality rate is so low in infants/ new born. Now the question is, why the diabetics are having such a high mortality rate? Anybody care to answer?
You asked this question in the other thread, right. Just go and check my answer in that thread. Of course my answer is not as detailed as yours' (how can it be), but that was my inference of the reason behind zero/low fatality in HIv patients. No cytokine storm due to low immunity, is what I said too.
However, why is there still increased fatalities for other immuno-compromised patients.

Your answer was perfectly fine. Very impressive mate. Just take some time with the last question, I am sure you will be able to answer. Think in the line of how does the immune system grows from infancy to adulthood and what diabetes does to the immune system ( It is not the cellular immunity which diabetes attacks first. Diabetes is dumber compared to HIV)

Me and my family have been diabetic for more than two decades except for my teenage daughter. Maybe she will catch it later as I think it runs in our genes. My question is I have not caught any cold, cough or fever for the past 4 years and till date I continue to be healthy. I'm not on insulin and take tablets for diabetic. However I am more concerned now as @red dragon had mentioned that after the lock-down is lifted the infected rate will explode and I also believe the same. Since I have not been sick for a very long time I am not sure how my immune system will cope if I suddenly get infected. My age is 48 now and travel a lot for work. Do I need to worry?

Me and my family have been diabetic for more than two decades except for my teenage daughter. Maybe she will catch it later as I think it runs in our genes. My question is I have not caught any cold, cough or fever for the past 4 years and till date I continue to be healthy. I'm not on insulin and take tablets for diabetic. However I am more concerned now as @red dragon had mentioned that after the lock-down is lifted the infected rate will explode and I also believe the same. Since I have not been sick for a very long time I am not sure how my immune system will cope if I suddenly get infected. My age is 48 now and travel a lot for work. Do I need to worry?
No sir. We may all eventually get infected. Just stick to usual precautionary measures.
Post automatically merged:

@red dragon - I've been having sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat since december. On and off. Could this be an immunity issue? Any suppliment I can take? Vit E, C etc? Want to start asap.
Seems more like an allergic rhinitis to me. I don't thinks vitamins should help. Check your IgE level and absolute eosinophil count when possible.
My vitamin D level is less than 5 ( lack of sunlight)

@red dragon - I've been having sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat since december. On and off. Could this be an immunity issue? Any suppliment I can take? Vit E, C etc? Want to start asap.
You can try Himalaya Septilin. This is an Ayurvedic OTC medicine for immunity. Earlier my wife had runny nose and cold every winter season and this condition lasted for about five months. But after she started taking Septilin, she is not affected by cold. Tested since last three years. This medicine was prescribed by a general physician. Dosage is one pill twice daily.

Edit:- It should not be taken as a treatment but as a supplement. My wife takes it only in winter or when she feels she is low on immunity.

Last edited:
I had bad cold issues when I was in India, would sneeze like 6-7 times. I think it was humidity plus having a deviated septum but idk. It somehow stopped after I moved to Canada though despite that it rains a lot here too.

It is possibly the air pollution. I also had chronic runny nose in Kolkata, used to improve during trekking after 5-7 days in Uttarakhand. Now it is gone completely.

Back