Corsair Pen Drives - Voyager | Mini | GTR | Best Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish to buy with delivery to Ahmadabad
But i do not have a bank account, which would be the fastest way to pay, if i don't have a bank account

^^ I have sent a PM to both of you

@ Doubleseven - Yes you can transfer the money Online

@ xiaokai - You can go to any nearest ICICI Bank Branch and do a Cash Deposit in our A/c there wnt be any Cash deposit charges.

Once both of u are done making the Paymt PM me ur ADD and i'll send the Pen Drives

Hey

I just wanted to make sure if these Drives are Genuine and not counterfeit, as there are many Corsair pen drives in circulation that are counterfeit

You can identify a fake Corsair product as follows:
It's only about 7cm long
- No light comes on when inserted
- No manufacturer ID recorded in properties
- doesnt come with either a lanyard or a chain that connects the lid to the unit
- may not reformat in XP or vista.
- No manufacturer ID in Control Panel - Device Manager
- Doesn't come up as a Corsair USB stick when you plug it in
- packed vertically in what appears to be a sealed pack, rather than horizontally like genuine sticks
- Tested with H2testw v1.4 software that tests USB sticks - it suggests this is a 4gb stick that has been hacked to appear to be 64gb
- if you copy 64gb of files to it, nearly all of them are corrupted when you try to read them.
- lid design is not like it is on originals (eg. Nothing can be attached to the lid)
- no writing/numbers on the metal container

for example
YouTube - Corsair Flash Voyager 64GB FAKE

How to Check if Your Corsair is Genuine or Fake

1. Feel the flash drive does it feel as though there is room at the end of the drive and soft? Like the insides are to small for the rubber sleve where the flashing light should be? Genuine ones don't! As they have a metal shell under the rubber so feel solid.

2. On the metal bit that goes into the computer, Does it have numbers engraved in it? Genuine ones do on both sides!

3. Does a blue light flash (Not RED!) when transfering data? A Genuin one does!

4. Go to my computer and right click on the Removable Disk, Then go to propeties, Then hardware tab! Dose it show as USB2.0 Flash disk USB Device? (FAKE!) Or Corsair Voyager USB Device? (Genuine)

5. Most of these fake drives have been hacked! So if you have brought a 32Gb drive it might show as 32Gb But really it might be only 4gb or 8gb A good way to test the drive is to put data onto the drive (At least More then half the size of the drive! i.e. 32gb drive = Over 16gb) Once all the data is on the drive (Video files are a good test!) Try playing some of them back and see if they work or whever they are now corrupt.

6. The red or blue colour on each side of the Corsair Drive should not rub off on your nail or leave any colour on your nail! If it does it's a fake! As the genuine ones are Red or Blue rubber and not paint!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back