Courier Service Feedback

Firstflight has started to suck bigtime now. Assholes will not do anything, they expect us to do everything. I have sent quite a lot of stuff through dtdc recently and i have had a positive experience, and it makes sense when they give the service of picking it up from home unlike these stupid firstflight bastids. So thumbs up for dtdc.

DTDC: Got the next business day shipping in 2 days :S .. & stuff was broken:no:

Would probably use 'em for non-critical/ not so fragile items

DTDC to me seems pretty good. i almost always had good experience with them, baring a few times where they managed to take 5 days to ship something to chennai.
another service that i really really liked is TNT. my all recent indiaplaza shipments come through them and they manage to deliver the package to my office in 1 day flat from chennai. mind you i am based in pune, so the package usually come to chennai to mumbai and from mumbai to pune.

I have had very bad and extremely bad experiences with DTDC. I am quoting what I had mailed to them a couple of days back.

Mail 1:
Dear Mr. Chakraborty,

I don't think you will recall my name or our previous telephonic conversations which took place a couple of years ago. However, I was let down yet again by your esteemed organisation! My wife had a parcel dispatched from Delhi via Surface Cargo through your Great Courier Company. Your online tracking system says that the same is in Transit. Upon inquiry from your Guwahati office @ 0361-2606853/6905, I was informed (unofficially) that my parcel along with several others has been detained by the Guwahati Railway Station authorities due to lack of some documents from your Delhi Office. Upon pressing for more information, I was provided with the phone nos. of one Ms. Kiran in Delhi (011-30581591/92/93). When I try these numbers, either I find them to be busy or if there is a ring, someone on the other end lifts the receiver and disconnects without bothering to answer! This shows how much progress you and your company have made in the last couple of years!

When will you and your crooks put an end to my misery and deliver what rightfully and lawfully belongs to me? Please oblige me by penning down your reply so that I can expect a date when the parcel may be delivered to me!

Regards
Sumit Bajoria
Shillong
Phone: (0364) xxxxxxxx

I did not receive a reply so I mailed them again!
WILL YOU CROOKS BOTHER TO RESPOND?

I finally received a reply from them:
Without Prejudice,

Dear Sir / Madam

We refer to your mail, highlighting the difficulties you have encountered with regard to your consignment and regret if our service standards have fallen short of your expectations.

We have forwarded a copy of your mail to our concerned officials at Kolkata with a request to investigate your complaint. We will respond to you shortly with the exact status of the consignment.

In the interim, we would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, as it is feedback such as yours, which enables us to improve our services. We do hope that we are able to restore your faith in DTDC.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,
For DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd.,

R. Mohanraj

Then I replied:
I will be waiting with bated breath to read and laugh at your next excuse regarding my parcel!
FYI, today I re-inquired about the status of my parcel from your Guwahati office (spoke to one Mr. Vikram) and to my surprise, my parcel had suddenly reached Kolkata on the 17th and is expected in Guwahati tomorrow! How on earth is your company so creative in coming up with excuses, is all I can wonder!! Also, I was informed that my parcel was sent to Bangalore and then to Kolkata and is now on its way to Guwahati for delivery! I am told this is “Standard Procedureâ€! Please ask Mr. Subashish Chakraborty to pick up the map road map of India (I will pay for it if you cannot afford one) and a scale and measure the distance from Delhi to Bangalore + Bangalore to Kolkata + Kolkata to Shillong via Guwahati and compare it with the distance from Delhi to Shillong via Guwahati. I am sure he will be surprised and in the end, he will have saved a lot of money for your company and its shareholders!
Disgusting is all I can say.
Sumit Bajoria

I called their Guwahati office today again and I was informed that they will get some information about my parcel by today evening! So I will update this thread then.

To cut things short, this is not the first time that DTDC has screwed up regarding my parcels. I remember one occasion a couple of years back when I had a file a FIR in the local police station here after they did not deliver an urgent cargo which was sent from Delhi by Air after paying a couple of hundred bucks extra as it was marked PRIORITY. The matter shook the a$$es of the DTDC boss sitting in Bangalore (Mr. Subhashish Chakraborty). He called me and ensured that the delivery was done at 1AM in the morning. But as the saying goes, Laaton ke Bhoot, Baaton se nahin Maante!

I would like to inquire from the members here who have had experiences, which is the best Courier for deliveries in NE-India?

DTDC is no longer trusty.They need papers/Invoice/declare value(TIN number etc) to send every electronic part.How can home user arrange such papers? Without papers they simply refuse shipment.Looking for some decent reliable alternate in north India for home users.

TNT:

Refer to problem with their delivery person who couldnt wait 5 min :p :

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...eadset-bh200-1800-a-116894-13.html#post901381

But responsive service when I shot off a complaint by email (perhaps it was the corporate ID i used ;)):

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...eadset-bh200-1800-a-116894-13.html#post901928

Shipping cost was reasonable.

Conclusion: Decent service. I can overlook the delivery guys mistake due to the excellent response time responding back to my issue :)

used DTDC 10 times maybe
never had a problem :)

maybe late arrival by a day or so but that is because of the location(outside city)
will keep using :)

Which courier service should i prefer for sending mobile phone to chennai?Had tried professional but next day they returned saying problems created at mumbai airport...

sri_k said:
Which courier service should i prefer for sending mobile phone to chennai?Had tried professional but next day they returned saying problems created at mumbai airport...
Try Blue Dart,TNT,DTDC,UPS

Used DTDC a lot of times and First Flight once.

DTDC Surface:

Cheap

Handling is OK

3-4 days delay is common except for big cities

Parcels tend to get stuck at the slightest excuse

And if it does you have to remind them about the parcel

Tracking is unreliable, sometimes it works good, others it doesn't

DTDC Air:

Timely delivery

Good enough cheap

Handling is OK

Tracking is a joke

First Flight:

Timely delivery

Tracking was a big joke

Hi im new to this i want some help i have to ship a CPU to some one in Ernakulam im doing it throught DTDC.. If some could help me as how to pack it what box, where to put the chip,How to protect it stuff it with thermocol, Paper etc .. I would really appreciate help

I live in gurgaon. DTDC is pathetic ( had previous issues with them as well). they would drop goods with security guards. I have had good experience with First Flight. They always call before coming.

Am looking to get a PSU via DTDC surface or air to Bangalore from Mumbai. Am not in a hurry.

Will pay bit more for air delivery if there is less chance of damage.

Any inputs comparing DTDC air vs. surface?

TIA

sandip.reloaded said:
DTDC Surface:
Cheap
Handling is OK
3-4 days delay is common except for big cities
Parcels tend to get stuck at the slightest excuse
And if it does you have to remind them about the parcel
Tracking is unreliable, sometimes it works good, others it doesn't

DTDC Air:
Timely delivery
Good enough cheap