Courier Service Feedback

DTDC Couriers..

Very reliable..

My processor, monitor, EP630s reached their respective destinations safely; hopefully on time I guess..

Decent charges based on weight..

Will rely on 'em fer future shipping...

UPS...

One of the best overseas express delivery ppl..

Thing shipped in from the US to Palakkad, Kerala in 4 days flat!!!

Twas 2 8pin PCI-E cables.

Anybody tried BlueDart SurfaceLine ? Might use it for my monitor, charging me only 200+some taxes (shud turn out to be 300Rs) in all , and delievery approx 3 days from Delhi.

gannu said:
UPS...

+1! I ordered an accelerometer (semiconductor chip) for my final sem project. Shipped from Minnesota, US to Hyd'bad, IN in 4 days flat. The tracking details they provide is top-class again, tracks every single stop from origin to destination.

The best part, is that it was a free sample. Only paid 6 USD overall as order processing charges. I'm sure the shipping charges must be pretty high, what with such terrific service :hap2:

Kuch seekho Indian couriers :no:

Gati is one of the best. and if you are regular customer you will get discounts too.

but for Gujarat to Mumbai.

I suggest Shakti Courier (next day delivery)

Maruti Courier and some local Angadias

DTDC rocks........(Air):clap: :clap:
Last weeks i courier ma imate jamin to mumbai.....tuesday evenig i gave it to them next day which mean on wednesday eve ma ma friend collected the phone...is that relllly an owzm service....

gannu said:
UPS...

You can use both FEXEX and UPS, both are better for importing from oversies, FEDEX costs less than UPS, I have imported through them lot of times, no hassle.

When i went...they dint ask nothing man...reallly...just asked surface or air...
me :air
she:eek:k sir..90rs
me:paid...thaats it man...
and she gaveme that reciept...with that tracking id...
thats it....it was smoooth man..its ma personal exp....

Sharing a terrible experience with DTDC (!!).
The local DTDC franchisee near my place (Brookefields, Bangalore) is situated in BEML layout, all of 1 Km from my place.
Of later, every time there has been a package, it is never delivered to my place and I am asked to come and pick it up every time.
Today I was expecting my RMAed hard drive from PhOenix. Again I had to go and pick it up. This time the guy in charge Sridhar was there. I tried to complain that packages are never delivered to my place and that his service was dropping.
His response amazed me. He flew into a rage and said that if that is the case I should not use DTDC and that DTDC does not pay him petrol charges to deliver to residential addresses.
I told him that if this is the case, then I will inform DTDC to ensure what is the best way to get the packages to me.
At this time he got even madder and refused to even hand over the package which was right in front of him and dared to go file a complaint against him!
Finally good sense prevailed and I got the package. However he was abusive and even got up threateningly as if he wanted to get into a physical fight. (which by that time I would not have minded!)
He probably is the local goonda around.
Now I have no idea what had got him into this bad mood. But my experience is that while DTDC may be a good company some of their franchisees are complete scums of the earth. Unfortunately these are the people we the consumers have to deal with.
I am going to file a written complaint with DTDC tomorrow. If anyone on techenclave has a contact number/email of somebody at DTDC, I would appreciate it as it would allow me to communicate this more effectively.
For me the action is NO MORE DTDC. I will pay extra for Blue Dart or even Fedex for all market transactions.
I am curious to know if others have had a similar experience lately.
Thanks for reading and sorry if I am ranting as I am pretty mad right now!

spolygon said:
The local DTDC franchisee near my place (Brookefields, Bangalore) is situated in BEML layout, all of 1 Km from my place.
Of later, every time there has been a package, it is never delivered to my place and I am asked to come and pick it up every time.
Today I was expecting my RMAed hard drive from PhOenix. Again I had to go and pick it up. This time the guy in charge Sridhar was there. I tried to complain that packages are never delivered to my place and that his service was dropping.
His response amazed me. He flew into a rage and said that if that is the case I should not use DTDC and that DTDC does not pay him petrol charges to deliver to residential addresses.
I told him that if this is the case, then I will inform DTDC to ensure what is the best way to get the packages to me.
At this time he got even madder and refused to even hand over the package which was right in front of him and dared to go file a complaint against him!
Finally good sense prevailed and I got the package. However he was abusive and even got up threateningly as if he wanted to get into a physical fight. (which by that time I would not have minded!)
Now I have no idea what had got him into this bad mood. But my experience is that while DTDC may be a good company some of their franchisees are complete scums of the earth. Unfortunately these are the people we the consumers have to deal with.
I am going to file a written complaint with DTDC tomorrow. If anyone on techenclave has a contact number/email of somebody at DTDC, I would appreciate it as it would allow me to communicate this more effectively.
For me the action is NO MORE DTDC. I will pay extra for Blue Dart or even Fedex for all market transactions.

Pl go ahead n make sure the guy's screwed; big time; :mad:

DTDC as such is a good company; but scoundrels such as these should not be left alone; they make the company worse;

Damn it; one of a kind;

My DTDC guy's really silent n cool; :)

DTDC

Pros - Delivery in Suggested days.

Cons - Lots of Cons here.. No valuable courier.. Can break, anything can be happened.. Rough and Tough Courier service..

Points -
DTDC - 0.10/10

*touchwood*

My DTDC guy's too good;

Good prices for my stuff and all my stuff's reached their respective destinations in the proper condition even if it was li'l delayed;

Offered me tea a couple of times when I was in the office [and it was tea time co-incidentally]; :D

And dude, I seriously doubt the package in which ur mobo was sent; Did it have bubble wraps n all?? Or just a plain packaging??? :huh:

spolygon said:

Yup, DTDC in itself is a good company, but the local franchises can be a real pain in the a** In March this year, I ordered a Corsair RAM from The IT DEpot in Chennai, unfortunately the sent me a wrong model, so I had to send it back to them (at my own expense :mad: ) - from Delhi to Chennai. The local DTDC office said that they would charge me according to some volumetric weight scale. The weight of the package was around 750 gm (i did some solid packaging). They charge some 120/- per kg but with this new scale of their's it came out to be 260/- instead. What's more this office was charging more than what was mentioned of this volumetric weight scale on their website :mad:
So, I went to "Flyking" couriers in Nehru Place, the charged only Rs.80/- & the package was delivered the next day itself. :hap2:

However, I have an unfortunate & slghtly queer (plz don't laugh) incident ab't Flyking to share. NEVER SEND ANYTHING ORGANIC (esp. TASTY) THROUGH FLYKING !!! Once my family sent me 2kgs of laddu from Calcutta to Delhi. However here I received 1 kg. of Laddu in crushed format, in a small container :O The office in Delhi said they were innocent - they received it in crushed format only !!! I suppose this "nek kaam' happened somewhere in transit. Maybe Flyking guys don't get enough salary & they go hungry...........

~Anirban said:
Yup, DTDC in itself is a good company, but the local franchises can be a real pain in the a** In March this year, I ordered a Corsair RAM from The IT DEpot in Chennai, unfortunately the sent me a wrong model, so I had to send it back to them (at my own expense :mad: ) - from Delhi to Chennai. The local DTDC office said that they would charge me according to some volumetric weight scale. The weight of the package was around 750 gm (i did some solid packaging). They charge some 120/- per kg but with this new scale of their's it came out to be 260/- instead. What's more this office was charging more than what was mentioned of this volumetric weight scale on their website :mad:
So, I went to "Flyking" couriers in Nehru Place, the charged only Rs.80/- & the package was delivered the next day itself. :hap2:

However, I have an unfortunate & slghtly queer (plz don't laugh) incident ab't Flyking to share. NEVER SEND ANYTHING ORGANIC (esp. TASTY) THROUGH FLYKING !!! Once my family sent me 2kgs of laddu from Calcutta to Delhi. However here I received 1 kg. of Laddu in crushed format, in a small container :O The office in Delhi said they were innocent - they received it in crushed format only !!! I suppose this "nek kaam' happened somewhere in transit. Maybe Flyking guys don't get enough salary & they go hungry...........

thats really a funny incident..

for me Gati and DTDC work...
gati is more trusted though

Back