Courier Service Feedback

First flight , shipped a psp + mem card packed in 1 metre bubblewrap, size of package was a boombox

it reached mumbai to blore in 1day :D

kooabs03 said:
Blazeflash sucks:p took 6 days to reach my home from raipur. tracking was activated after i received the package.

LOL yeah totally agree on that. I dont know why therespawn support blazeflash so much. My graphic cards took about one week to arrive from delhi :huh:

Firstflight is the cheapest and the most reliable courier service available right now.

Bluedart is also good, but its very expensive :S. When i had to ship my psp bluedart gave me a quote of 1500 rupees for shipping it to noida :mad:

While first flight shipped the psp just under 300 rupees :eek:hyeah: and the best part was the psp reached spacescreamer without any damages :p

Have shipped around 100+ packages so far using blazeflash and never had a problem. Service is fast, efficient and most importantly cheap.
I always charge shipping at actuals from buyers and using blazeflash helps me keep the quote low so the buyers are always happy plus i'm happy too as i manage to have a quick sale.
I've often had exceptionally quick service from blazeflash ie same day delivery in Delhi and next day delivery to any of the major cities.
Oh and the guys at the local blazeflash office know me now so i get all the packages picked up from my home for free and awesome customer service :eek:hyeah: And no questions asked about whats in the package ; the one time i used DTDC i paid twice as much and had to endure some lengthy paperwork for electronic items so they're out of my list of options now :mad:

Surprised to see that others have had problems with blazeflash.....i guess it might have something to do with the efficiency levels of the local booking office :tongue:
I wish they'd so something about their online tracking system tho, i'll gladly pay even 10-20% more just for updates every few hours.

Have used professional couriers too about 10-12 times. No problems there either except except they're a bit slow and i didn't find the overall experience very professional :bleh: They do however have the biggest network in India i guess since i've had buyers requesting to use professional as no other courier service is available in their area. Reading the amount of problems people have had with them i shudder to think i used professional to ship my ipod nano to kerala :S

Is there any restrictions on sending mobiles through courier? Yesterday I went to send a mobile to Arunachal Pradesh. DTDC, Blazeflash, Overnite Express and AFL refused to accept the package.

Lastly Blue Dart accepted the package though at an exorbitant charge. They calculated charge on the basis of 10kG weight although it was only 700gms. Also for mobiles there are some extra charges. I had to shell out Rs. 955/- for all these. Is there any cons?

Arup

One more vote to Blue Dart. :) Bangalore-Delhi overnight! The package was around 1.4Kg and the charge was 400/-. Its a bit expensive but, hearing other horror stories of things not reaching in time and not reaching at all, I would prefer to spend more on the shipping.

BIKeINSTEIN said:
IMO, you are indeed lucky you at least got them.:p
From the past few incidents on and off TE, i would avoid Professional couriers.:cool2:
Though recently a friend used it unknowingly and i was shit scared till i got the package.:ashamed:
Happened again.- scared shittier this time as i didn't have the goods and would be obliged to pay my friend.:p
Some RAM shipped from Chennai last week reaches me today few mins back- that's more than a week.:mad:
The branch near my place ain't listed and the ones i called kept giving me numbers of customer care or other branches.
Customer care has 8 nos but none are free anytime of the day.:S
Even Blazeflash has managed to get a parcel across to Bangalore in almost 24hrs flat.
Package was wet, torn at the bottom where tape was amiss, and the bilster packs squashed.:mad:
I am drying the sticks now.:(
Use professional at your own risk.:(

That's too bad, I've had 2 negative experiences a few years back which is why I've always suggested people stay away from Professional... they're on their own trip and don't care about customers.

OK guys , as most of you know , i have my online store now , and i have been and will be organising lots of GOs here on TE . Now my preferred shipping guy is DTDC , since they are trusted by nearly everyone. But the thing is that they hav a min. 3kg rule , where a package to a location will be charged for a minimum 3kgs , whatsoever its weight , even 250gms or so. Now this takes the shipping arnd Rs 205 and Rs 240 for Metros and non-Metros resp. This reduces the cost effectiveness of the products . Any helps and suggestions on this issue ?? My shipping is done through a DTDC franchisee near my place in Nerul .
Cheers

PhOeNiX said:
OK guys , as most of you know , i have my online store now , and i have been and will be organising lots of GOs here on TE . Now my preferred shipping guy is DTDC , since they are trusted by nearly everyone. But the thing is that they hav a min. 3kg rule , where a package to a location will be charged for a minimum 3kgs , whatsoever its weight , even 250gms or so. Now this takes the shipping arnd Rs 205 and Rs 240 for Metros and non-Metros resp. This reduces the cost effectiveness of the products . Any helps and suggestions on this issue ?? My shipping is done through a DTDC franchisee near my place in Nerul .

Cheers

That's the general rule.
Try negotiating a deal with them- IIRC, they should have discounted accounts/packages for regular members/corporates.:)

Hi Guys,

I need some info on USPS shipping. My friend has shipped few parts around 21-22 of August and its almost the end of 3rd week of it being sent. Still no clue about it, added to that I still dont have the tracking no.

Any idea on how long it takes to get delivered (I know its pretty random, but a rough guess might comfort me :) ). probably it would be Bangalore customs who would be sitting on it.

Thanks for any input

Finally got my package after 34days of it being shipped. Had to pay Rs.835 (735 duty + 100 some processing fee). Moral of the story, never get your stuff shipped through USPS. If there is no option, be ready to wait for months.

The tracking info showed 'Out of foreign customs' as on Aug 30. But it seems that packages that come to b'lore mostly come through mumbai. The tracking info will be just till it gets out of mumbai sorting terminal. After that there will be no tracking info available.

what do you expect for the postal services????its cheap and should be used when you are ready to wait....otherwise use DHL or FedEx and pay the premium...

Back