Courier Service Feedback

yea ive tried EMS for sending a shirt from bangalore to Chandigarh......
#$@$$#~!#!@#%^$%^$% are the words for it..

1. package was 3weeks Late
Finally recieved aftr 100 complaints

2. Shirt was DESTROYED with BLUE INK SPOTS all over it!!!

3. They say not their fault as theirs no guarntee >:-(

Hi, Iam a big fan of DTDC & have sent and reviced a lot of items with little or no troble.. But one sad even today is forcing me to think back..

One of member named Manu (manuvikram007) has sent his N73 listed in the TE market section(http://www.techenclave.com/market/fs-nokia-n73-me-2-week-119727-2.html) to rock_ya_baby from bangalore . He got the courier today & found that instead of the mobile there was a stone wrapped in a piece of newspaper. HE also told that the package was badly damaged when he got it.. He wouldnt have anticipated what would have happened & must have assumed it to be normal transit damage.

Both dont have a slightest idea where this miracle of a mobile truning into a piece of stone happend. I assume it should be the delivery guys who messed up with the package..

Now both are in trouble.. If anyone can help out with this issue, please contact manuvikram007 or rock_ya_baby.

vinaycm said:
Hi, Iam a big fan of DTDC & have sent and reviced a lot of items with little or no troble.. But one sad even today is forcing me to think back..

One of member named Manu (manuvikram007) has sent his N73 listed in the TE market section(http://www.techenclave.com/market/fs-nokia-n73-me-2-week-119727-2.html) to rock_ya_baby from bangalore . He got the courier today & found that instead of the mobile there was a stone wrapped in a piece of newspaper. HE also told that the package was badly damaged when he got it.. He wouldnt have anticipated what would have happened & must have assumed it to be normal transit damage.

Both dont have a slightest idea where this miracle of a mobile truning into a piece of stone happend. I assume it should be the delivery guys who messed up with the package..

Now both are in trouble.. If anyone can help out with this issue, please contact manuvikram007 or rock_ya_baby.

thts...sad..:huh: :(

Am the guy who sent the phone to rocky...
check out the snap below...thats wat rocky got insted of n73 !!!!:(
Snap sent by rocky himself....

And the stone was wrapped inside a bangalore times news paper!!!!

manuvikram007 said:

get in touch with the bigger DTDC guys in Blore.. dont let this go unnoticed.. raise HELL i say :mad:

sTALKEr said:
get in touch with the bigger DTDC guys in Blore.. dont let this go unnoticed.. raise HELL i say :mad:

seriously guys do somethin....agitate..they even charge insane....last time i got thingz shippd to baroda...they wer chargin 170buxx for 1kg..:mad: :mad: .wereas baroda to bangalore is mere 70buxx

I can't believe that this has happened. Very unfortunate...

I am mailing all these addresses
Code:
[email]dtdcco@dtdc.com[/email], [email]css.co@dtdc.com,dtdcho@vsnl.com,css.bangalore@dtdc.com[/email]

With pictures.

I called the sub area officer, he has asked me to come in person with everything with me. More sad part is that I have a flight at 7am, i'll be gone for a week. Anyway, lets see what happens... My local friend will be handling it...
Anyone knows any HIGH-UP DTDC official?

:huh:

The courier was made from Kollam to Bangalore on saturday 5th oct and received in Bangalore JP Nagar tuesday 7th oct

1] There was a moist stone inside it (it has been raining in bangalore since last 2 days)

2] The stone was wrapped in BANGALORE TIMES newspaper dated 3rd sept (impossible to get BT newspaper anywhere but bangalore)

3] The packaging tape used by manu is light brown tape, the after packaging tape used by the mofo thief is dark brown (also you can see the fine paper cutting knife type slit on the original packaging)

There was no way of knowing what was inside the box, because the prints on the box is invisible due the whole packaging/paper wrapping that the sender has done to hide the box labels etc...

The delivery boy, intermediate handlers etc are at fault i think... very unfortunate.

These assh*** won't steal those mobos, gfx cards, etc funky stuff that gets shipped everyday.. but a cellphone,mp3 players etc stuff is at great risk

Big loss.

Well happnd with me as well when I sent a brand new E62 to my friend. Same DTDC. That time the full boix went untraced and never rchd the destination.
As long as the package is not insured, nothing can be done. I had pursued the matter for 3 mnths or even more.I had even enclosed a declaration, but the package was not insured.

What they told they will give me is the courier charges + 100 rs max liability as written in the consignment receipt.

Sending Mobiles, mp3 players & digital cameras are quite a risk via DTDC. As of nt being being able to see whats inside the DTDC offices have X-ray scanners and the mofos find it out eventually !

What I will suggest is both of u split the damages as of now and try taking up the matter higher up with DTDC HO (near chamrajpet). I have sent 100s of packages via DTDC and nevr placed any problem except that mobile fiasco.
From now I have vouched nt to send any of those risky items w/o insurance(in fact wont use DTDC at all for those items. Blue Dart @ 300 bucks is a much better option)

@rock_ya---Lemme know if u wanna raise some HELL. I wont mind gng to the HO. have my case pending as well. Dnt mind hiring some thugs as well :rofl:

Well, vinay this is not the first time something like this has happened. I really hope the sender included the declaration letter with the package. If its properly declared, its responsibility of the courier. Even though their clause say they they will pay only upto 100 or 1000 in case of damages, there has been consumer court ruling in favour of the shipper just recently in similar case which made couriers pay for entire item as well.

If the sender didnt include the declaration, there is not much that can be done.

Advice to sellers : always include declaration letter and Advice to buyers : open the item in front of the courier boy. Specially when package looks damaged or tampered. ( I have learned this the hard way :| )

this is a very sad event. for such stuff one must always opt for blue dart or something. DTDC n Blazeflash such type of companies are only good to send resular stuff . those Mobo's and cpus wont be of much use to the courier fellows as they will never understand what to do with it. but a cell phone my my . who removes it no one will even know.

If the sender didnt include the declaration, there is not much that can be done.

Well I still have a copy of the declaration form, 10 complaints, 100s of mails.Time to go for consumer court I guess. One mistake I had made was under declaring the value....but was still valued @ 5k , the phone was worth 9k or so :(....who has all the time to go through all of this :(

supra u can claim 5 k + harassment + mental agony etc etc and make a claim of 40 - 50 k am sure then u will be awarded 10 k , i know its a hassle but u know it will give u a satisfaction.

manuvikram007 said:

had u declared the stuff man? when i had to ship a mob via DTDC, the guy had first and foremost warned me that they won't take ANY sorta responsibility even if i declare the stuff.He had said that lotsa mobiles werent reaching the destinations.Finally, i had to use SpeedPost which got the parcel delivered safe and fast.

I know some old guy at the Kollam DTDC, and if u want, i can send u his number.I suggest u talk with him.

^ they cant be saying that actually , a lost parcel is a different case were they mention their liability , but were the packet reaches them with DIFF contents or LOST contents it is the responsibility of the courier company as once u hand over the packet to the DTDC outlet its their responsibility.

200mph said:
^ they cant be saying that actually , a lost parcel is a different case were they mention their liability , but were the packet reaches them with DIFF contents or LOST contents it is the responsibility of the courier company as once u hand over the packet to the DTDC outlet its their responsibility.

I mailed and called their asst. Manager... they said they'll come to my place tomorrow for investigation...

Lets see... what happens.. do you guys think anything worthwhile could happen in this case now?

rock_ya_baby said:
I mailed and called their asst. Manager... they said they'll come to my place tomorrow for investigation...

Lets see... what happens.. do you guys think anything worthwhile could happen in this case now?

No matter what their declaration says, doesnt matter even if you have signed it. Properly handled you can still drag their arse to the consumer court. Just coz they have something printed behind the page you signed doesnt make it legally binding and ethical.

Try to put this case in a consumer court with all the proof. Its a small expense, at least much lesser than what you have already incurred.

These bastards cannot be allowed to get away with it everytime. I wonder what happened to the case that Switch was following regarding the opteron.

Back