Courier Service Feedback

How good is the India Post Express Parcel Post?. Want to ship a 2.1 speakers from Chennai to a town <500kms in TN itself. The rate is good and comes to just ~Rs.100. Is the service reliable?

its gr8 u get instant tracking & its realtime too & better than DTDC atleast, though its slow in movement will cause inconvenience, so if not in urgency & on budget Speed post da best.

In case parcel gets lost, get ready for a RTI ride loooong poorcedure to get reimbursment in case of lost parcel but they deliver properly most times.( i have recvd 3 Mobos is proper condtion via speed post)

aramex courier: [UPDATED!!]

DAY1 (3rd jan): delhi=> bangalore

DAY2 (4th jan): bangalore=>shipment out for delivery

DAY3 (5th jan): bangalore=>shipment out for delivery

DAY4 (6th jan): bangalore=>shipment out for delivery

DAY5 (7th jan): bangalore=>shipment out for delivery

DAY6 (8th jan): bangalore=>shipment out for delivery

DAY7 (9th jan): bangalore=>shipment out for delivery

still waiting for the shipment to reach my doorstep :mad:

Finally received the shipment on 10th jan, so aramex took 7 days and 8-10 phone calls to deliver it to my home after the shipment reached bangalore on 3rd jan.

DTDC - Awesome
First Flight - Awesome

Professional Courier - Good ( For documents )

How much do you guys pay for electronic items through DTDC/First Flight for a package below .5 kg ?
DTDC charges 140rs. and FF charges 100rs. for me. Prices seem bit high.

My experience with Aramex.... Shipment was from Delhi to Delhi.. It's 5th day today.. :) The only thing that gets updated is status..

Location Date Activity

Paharganj,India 01/08/2011 09:22 AM Shipment Out for Delivery

Paharganj,India 01/07/2011 05:30 PM Attempted Delivery - Consignee Refused to Pay Money

Paharganj,India 09:16 AM Shipment Out for Delivery

Paharganj,India 01/06/2011 05:30 PM Attempted Delivery - Incorrect Address / Awaiting Correct Delivery Address

Paharganj,India 09:25 AM Shipment Out for Delivery

Connaught Place,India 01/05/2011 05:30 PM Attempted Delivery - Business Office Closed / Unable to Contact

Delhi City-Main office,India 02:54 PM Shipment Forwarded to - Connaught Place,India

Paharganj,India 02:23 PM Shipment Out for Delivery

Mahipalpur City,India 07:50 AM Shipment Forwarded to - Mahipalpur City,India

New Delhi,India 01:54 AM Shipment Record Created - Full Record

Mahipalpur City,India 01/04/2011 09:10 PM Shipment Received at Origin Facility

Notice the text in bold.. well it was a prepaid shipment.. :)

I got a DTDC shipment no. 48 hrs back from a seller and still the website says "Sorry!! We could not trace your consignment no."

What is the worst case scenario that one has come across with DTDC tracking no. update

shipped my mammoth corsair hx 750 smps via DTDC to bangalore... the parcel reached safely and within 3 days....saturday it was booked and monday it was delivered

DTDC is BS courier service, @darkangel if the tracking number is not updated atleast tommorow i.e 17 jan 2011 @12:00pm just hope & pray that the consignment has not been lost at DTDC end bcoz this is what happened with me 2 months back when i had ordered 1 item via EBAY, seller shipped via DTDC & gave me tracking number even today it shows "Sorry!! We could not trace your consignment no." i checked few numbers after that tracking number it was showing delivered for them but mine was not found, luckily got refund via paisapay but ITEM was lost by DTDC, all emails calls r in vain if item is lost in dtdc, so just hope that u get the item...

Aramex is a bit slow in my opinion.

DTDC and First flight is good.

TNT is good but their customer care used give conflicting rate. I asked for a quote many times an their customer care gives different quotes for same weight, same destination.

Speedpost is good if you can spare the extra time.

Never used Pafex - do they have home collection facility?

I have sent via DTDC and First Flight till now in most cases, and both have been good as of now.

Only thing is they charge atleast 100 bucks for any non-doc to any destination outside the state. :(

DTDC is the worse courier company in India but unfortunately, they are the most visible of all local courier companies are apparently, charge the least amongst all private couriers. I sent my new prescription Oakley glasses worth 25,550/- from Shillong to Titan Eye+, Delhi as they had some issues on the 3rd October. At the time of booking, the staff were informed of the contents and the value of the same. It seems the booking staff got greedy and the parcel was lost. The web tracking was not enabled for the same as the consignment was not entered into their system. Till date, I am still waiting for DTDC to settle this issue. The latest date they have given me is for tomorrow, and this too, after threatening to sue them and file an FIR against their local office. If I don't receive the cheque from them tomorrow, I will be lodging a formal complaint with the police. I have atleast 20 emails from their various regional offices in which they admit to have lost my parcel and that it was done by some staff at their local office. This is DTDC!

@SumitB

For costly items it is better to use Blue Dart etc.

My office is at the Kolkata Airport, near the domestic cargo terminal. I'm quite amazed to see that the fragile items still reach us in one piece after seeing the handling of the packages by the Airlines guys!!!

So, everybody reading this thread, please please take extra time and caution while packing your items.

SumitB said:
DTDC is the worse courier company in India but unfortunately, they are the most visible of all local courier companies are apparently, charge the least amongst all private couriers. I sent my new prescription Oakley glasses worth 25,550/- from Shillong to Titan Eye+, Delhi as they had some issues on the 3rd October. At the time of booking, the staff were informed of the contents and the value of the same. It seems the booking staff got greedy and the parcel was lost. The web tracking was not enabled for the same as the consignment was not entered into their system. Till date, I am still waiting for DTDC to settle this issue. The latest date they have given me is for tomorrow, and this too, after threatening to sue them and file an FIR against their local office. If I don't receive the cheque from them tomorrow, I will be lodging a formal complaint with the police. I have atleast 20 emails from their various regional offices in which they admit to have lost my parcel and that it was done by some staff at their local office. This is DTDC!
Thats sad mate :(... really hope you get a solution to this soon. Though as someone else has pointed out, please use Blue Dart for costly and fragile items. A friend even couriered valuable jewelry through them and it reached safe.

SumitB said:
Sorry to hear that. I have completed 12 deals via DTDC and i must say that they are god especially because of their live tracking service. Had one encounter with First flight, they are not that good, delay + no tracking.

Anyway currently a friend had sent me a courier via ondot. How is this courier service? anyone had any experience with this? How is their tracking service? Is it like DTDC?

Back