Courier Service Feedback

if i see DTDC anywhere on an item description in ebay, i stay away. worst courier service ever. especially for the southern part of india. the courier guys will only deliver when you call them and remind them of your package. else they take it home i guess. lol.

Someone earlier reported that they are bad in the Northern part of India. I have used them for couriers to Bombay, Mangalore etc. and in the south, they seem to do their job. However, I'd used DTDC last week for a courier to New Delhi and it is out for delivery since 11th June.

Just being used to their service down south, I trusted them for a north bound courier. However, seems that there is quite some truth to this location based competence of couriers. I will never again use DTDC for north bound couriers.

By the way, can you let us know where in the south did you courier to? It might be worth knowing this to avoid using them for that region.

Someone earlier reported that they are bad in the Northern part of India. I have used them for couriers to Bombay, Mangalore etc. and in the south, they seem to do their job. However, I'd used DTDC last week for a courier to New Delhi and it is out for delivery since 11th June.

Just being used to their service down south, I trusted them for a north bound courier. However, seems that there is quite some truth to this location based competence of couriers. I will never again use DTDC for north bound couriers.

By the way, can you let us know where in the south did you courier to? It might be worth knowing this to avoid using them for that region.

yup i have got same reports about their service in the northern part too ..mostly item stolen by courier guys reports. if you check on ebay, a lot of the sellers mention it specifically to check the package for contents before signing in case of DTDC . this condition i have not seen for any other logistics service. the "out for delivery status" that you have mentioned , 9/10 times it means that product has been delivered but status has not been updated(though you can never be sure of this ). some of my items that delivered months back still show as out for delivery on their site. about my experience, the item destination was chennai , where i reside. The item was misrouted to one of their own branch and upon calling them , both the branches had no idea of whereabouts of the package. i did claim a refund on ebay and got my money back, but i 'd suggest you to stay away from dtdc henceforth. i try to use bluedart whereever possible these days. though bluedart is expensive , alteast you can be secure that product woud reach the concern person safe and sound on time.

DTDC is alright here in Cochin, atleast the two delivery offices which deliver to my house. They even come for delivery twice per day. :)

And try Indiapost Speedpost for shipping, they are cheap and reliable. I have been using them for my last 10-15 shipments and I am very much satisfied. Accepts pretty much everything including electronics no questions asked. The package gets delivered the 2nd day to most of the cities.

+1 for speed post. very very good service. real time updates on tracking and very effective cost wise. but avoid them for international shipping at all costs

best courier to ship playstation vita( console ~15K) ? never shipped items as costly as this before
scratchchin.gif

any tips regarding courier ? is getting it insured beneficial ? and the costs involved ?

Hey guys can anyone tell me how to get waybill, i am from Assam and need to get an RMAed psu from Delhi and they are asking for waybill, does it even require a waybill to get RMAed stuff. Someone from Assam may shed some light on it.

Never use scumbag blazeblash.
They have not delivered my package even in 8 days.

EDIT: screw Blazeflash, none of their Bangalore number exists. Their customer care numbers are either switched off or do not exist.And I do not have package even after more than a week.
:(

Another bad experience with Bluedart. There is something wrong with Bluedart in Delhi NCR. I was supposed to receive a package on Tuesday, the guy came to deliver, waited less than 3 - 4 minutes for us to open the door, and left, never to return till today.

is it me or all. been trying to track my shipment by DTDC but it redirects to error page.

Well,here even the main site doesn't load up
I have never had problems with DTDC uptill now,sent packages to New Delhi,Gujurat,Banglore,Nellore etc....
And they do reach the destination within the 2-3 business days

Well,here even the main site doesn't load up
I have never had problems with DTDC uptill now,sent packages to New Delhi,Gujurat,Banglore,Nellore etc....
And they do reach the destination within the 2-3 business days
while googling, they operate two website.
i believe they are in the process of migrating.

@varkey How did you get that URL? That's the tracking URL for employees, though I wasn't aware there was no authentication required :D

Last edited by a moderator:
varkey How did you get that URL? That's the tracking URL for employees, though I wasn't aware there was no authentication required :D

Was searching for DTDC Franchise tracking URL on Google and accidentally found the URL. Very informative, shows all the info they have about the package, including flight numbers etc! :p

Try Indiapost Speedpost for shipping, they are cheap and reliable. I have been using them for my last 10-15 shipments and I am very much satisfied. Accepts pretty much everything including electronics no questions asked. The package gets delivered the 2nd day to most of the cities.
Can we insure packets sending through Speed Posts

Back