Health & Fitness COVID Vaccine Experience and your preference.

Which COVID Vaccine did you get or are planning to get

• Already Received Covishield

Votes: 86 66.7%
  • Already Received Covaxin

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Want to get Covishield

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Want to get Covaxin

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Sputnik V

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Pfizer,Moderna, other mRNA base Vaccines

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Already Received Pfizer , Moderna , other mRNA based vaccines

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Already Received Sputnik V

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Scared as hell to step out even for vaccine.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Got Covishield last week.
20 [M]
Had fever and slight body ache for 2 days.

The experience was hassle free here (rural South Gujarat), the camp was organised by the local government hospital staff and they completed the process in like 4 hours (Registration was done, people were called 1 hour later, jabbed, and then we all sat for 30 minutes in observation).

I personally opted for Covishield as soon as I got a slot available in the camp because I have to travel back to Lucknow for my academics.

Age- 25-30
Vaccine-Covishield
After effects- left arm sore, very light fever, feeling exhausted and sleepy. Light chills (switched off my ceiling fan for the entire day).
Popped a dolo in morning when fever was a bit high, will take another one at night.

So, reviving this thread to share experience with availability of second shot. How many are still waiting for dose 2? If already got, how has been your experience regarding availability and ease of booking (using Cowin)?
Hope OP doesn't mind as there are already too many threads on covid. If so, pleas let me know.

its tricky with rains and all , but luckily was able to get a slot on the 84th day at center near the house .only 50 vaccines a day at the Centre and i guess 20 odd are reserved for online ..Seen people sitting at the Centre from early morning 3-4 am onwards. i think the golden timeframe for booking is 17:15 to 17:35 ,don't loose hope keep on refreshing the page some centers don't appear but they do appear they are blink and a miss thing , advantage is to have more people associated to single cellphone number for booking appointments in quick succession.

for my second dose it would be at my work place.

its tricky with rains and all , but luckily was able to get a slot on the 84th day at center near the house .only 50 vaccines a day at the Centre and i guess 20 odd are reserved for online ..Seen people sitting at the Centre from early morning 3-4 am onwards. i think the golden timeframe for booking is 17:15 to 17:35 ,don't loose hope keep on refreshing the page some centers don't appear but they do appear they are blink and a miss thing , advantage is to have more people associated to single cellphone number for booking appointments in quick succession.

for my second dose it would be at my work place.
There are too many open paid slots here in Hyderabad. No free slots though.

Got my first and second dose of covaxin on 10th April and 24th may respectively
Got antibody test done on 15th july and guess what ........
It came out negative ..

Might have to look for a booster dose

Pretty frustrating

Second jab two days back. Covishield. Paid.
Except for slight soreness on the arm, no side effects - except I felt really hungry for the rest of the day, LOL. Must have eaten at least four times, with an hour in between.

Don't ask me why I got vaxxed, I can't give a proper answer. As the virus mutates, vaxs will become more and more ineffective. We will have to learn to live with COVID like we live with flu, HIV, TB, etc. It ain't 'going away'.

Back