Health & Fitness COVID Vaccine Experience and your preference.

Which COVID Vaccine did you get or are planning to get

• Already Received Covishield

Votes: 86 66.7%
  • Already Received Covaxin

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Want to get Covishield

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Want to get Covaxin

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Sputnik V

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Pfizer,Moderna, other mRNA base Vaccines

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Already Received Pfizer , Moderna , other mRNA based vaccines

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Already Received Sputnik V

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Scared as hell to step out even for vaccine.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Took covaxin. had to wait 3 weeks between shots. Had no side effects besides slight nausea after the second shot. Then again I had oysters that day.

Got request to take booster dose of Pfizer vaccine, 2nd dose made me so miserable that friends asked me to get admitted in hospital.
Really getting confused and cautious about taking the 3rd booster dose.
Will take recommendation from a Dr. before this, don't want to go through the same extremely miserable suffering I had with 2nd dose.

Had PFizer 3rd dose to avoid complications while traveling. Bedridden for ~24hrs.
Full body pain, pain in back, thigh muscles, leg muscles, head ache, vomiting feeling / nausea, etc. Couldn't have food, survived on 4 pieces of bread and tender coconut water to go with Paracetamol tablets.
Suffered slightly lesser than for 2nd dose which was more tiring.
Looks like am allergic to this, if there is another request for 4th dose booster, I will try to get an exception from Dr.

There must more many more people who suffered like this (been in direct knowledge with few), now understand why many people have a disliking towards vaccination.

There must more many more people who suffered like this (been in direct knowledge with few), now understand why many people have a disliking towards vaccination.
I don't think that vaccines can be the long term solution for this

As far as the usual understanding goes consider these points-
1) All people around the globe need to be vaccinated so that the virus cannot infect new hosts and mutate into more dangerous strains.
2) The vaccine only covers against hospitalization but not against infection.

If you consider points 1 & 2 people will still get infected albeit with less intensity. But the virus still gets more hosts anyways and keeps on mutating.
So with vaccines we are left chasing new goalposts (i.e. new strains) indefinitely.

This reactive approach of releasing new vaccine versions will never be able to eradicate COVID in that case.

So now the concern is similar to zero-day computer exploits. If you get infected with a brand new strain of the virus at the very beginning against which your existing vaccines are not effective then you are up s**t creek without a paddle.

Nonetheless all 3 of us (me and my parents) got COVID around last week on Dec '21.

Started off with high fever with extreme cold feeling for 2 days. Then weakness and body pain for the next 4-5 days.
RT-PCR test on day 2 came back negative for my dad and mom but the antibody test around day 8 came back with high antibody count.

The vaccine covered us from further complications though and all of us recovered at home only.

Fourth Pfizer Dose Is Insufficient to Ward Off Omicron, Israeli Trial Suggests

Preliminary data found inoculation did increase antibodies
Those with 4th shot only slightly less likely to get variant

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ts-4th-dose-not-warding-off-omicron-infection

Wondering was is the point in taking this experimental level vaccine so many times...
Well I am waiting now for sure :rolleyes: Its kind of funny that we are not told to keep on taking it on and on and on ...

Got high fever after booster shot. Took 2 days for the fever to subside. I think we will need 4th and 5th shot too.
In lot of countries people have taken 4th shot and still suffering from covid. I think nobody cares about the virus now in India.

Got high fever after booster shot. Took 2 days for the fever to subside. I think we will need 4th and 5th shot too.
In lot of countries people have taken 4th shot and still suffering from covid. I think nobody cares about the virus now in India.
It’s not that. As majority of masses have already take the dose, people are care free as of now. Also the availability of free vaccines is near to non. It’s not mandatory and not all version are available so people are doing wait and watch thing. I personally wish to Take mRNA or mDna base vaccines. As per my understanding most of use are exposed to Covid virus in some or other format and that have created antibodies for the same. So wait and watch works well.

Taking weakest vaccines available would be a better option it seems.
Saying as a person who took 3 doses of PFizer mRNA vaccine, feeling not good.

"Pfizer vaccine has been associated with rare cases of myocarditis - inflammation and thickening of heart muscle but till date among million vaccine users - 3-4 cases have been found and not fatal. Vaccine has minimal to no effect on heart rhythm abnormality except mild fluctuations in heart rate immediate post vaccination which is rare and mild in nature requiring no treatment. Covid disease itself causes more inflammation and long-term sequelae than vaccine,"

Heart inflammation reported in people below the age of 30 post vaccination, as per CDC

Trusting anything is becoming difficult these days... And everybody and their cats and dogs were mocking those who were even remotely suspicious of side effects of vaccines.

Last edited:
I had hypertrophy in heart after i got Echo test post Delta infection, heart issues can happen due to covid infection, i got infected with Omicron also a year later, not going to take nay boosters now.

I had hypertrophy in heart after i got Echo test post Delta infection, heart issues can happen due to covid infection, i got infected with Omicron also a year later, not going to take nay boosters now.
well I suppose you have antibodies for all the latest virus at the moment. just take care of your self as it seems you are exposed to outer world alot :)

Back