Budget 0-20k CPU cooler for Ryzen 5 3600

Ssreek

Adept
I've been using the stock cooler for almost a year, but now I've started recording gameplay and further, with newer games, temps have been reaching 78-90C.

Suggest a good cpu cooler for this.

Someone in another forum suggested me to get a Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2 instead of Hyper 212. Is the deepcool one better than hyper 212?
Are there any other 'better' alternatives within 4k?

Using Deepcool Gammax GTE V2 RGB one and gives great performance almost comparable to Hyper 212 LED with 700-800bucks less! Go ahead and you won't regret!

Not sure what your budget is. I am using a Deepcool Castle EX280 AIO. Pretty good. An hour of AIDA64 Extreme and the temps averaged at around 68 C

Not sure what your budget is. I am using a Deepcool Castle EX280 AIO. Pretty good. An hour of AIDA64 Extreme and the temps averaged at around 68 C

I was considering similar aios (in 6k range) actually, but the fear of aio leaks forced me to only stick to air coolers.

Check if any of the Noctua coolers fit in your budget. I know it is hard to get online but I am sure you will find it in offline stores. Noctua's are best when it comes to air coolers for CPU

Check if any of the Noctua coolers fit in your budget. I know it is hard to get online but I am sure you will find it in offline stores. Noctua's are best when it comes to air coolers for CPU

Well, Noctua U12S is available in primeabgb. But most reddit posts are like, it isn't worth the cost. Which Noctua are you using?

I am using an AIO cooler, Antec Neptune 120 but I am not doing any CPU intensive tasks. I just bought it for the looks (its ARGB, you see :))
But I have been through many reviews and they say a decent Noctua cooler performs as good as a Corsair AIO coolers (and they are quite good). Noctua has a high reputation when it comes to Air cooling and case fans so I suggested.
Unfortunately in India they are hard to get especially online. But worth checking once in the offline stores. Otherwise,I think Hyper 212 is a good choice. I am not much of a Deepcool fan.

Check this out - Air Cooler vs AIO

But I have been through many reviews and they say a decent Noctua cooler performs as good as a Corsair AIO coolers (and they are quite good). Noctua has a high reputation when it comes to Air cooling and case fans so I suggested.

Well, Noctuas are popular than their reputation for performance and noise levels. Very few people might have bought Noctuas in our country, so we are unable to get real reviews from people who are actually using it.
But Scythe and Arctic are head to head with Noctua and beat Noctua in most reviews. But they are unpopular and they don't seem to sponsor for many youtube videos.
I searched for many stores in our city, but none of them have it. Only Primeabgb is the one that gets them I guess.

Unfortunately in India they are hard to get especially online. But worth checking once in the offline stores. Otherwise,I think Hyper 212 is a good choice. I am not much of a Deepcool fan.

Check this out - Air Cooler vs AIO

I am also not a fan of Deepcool honestly and don't like to buy Deepcool based on earlier experience.
But that seems to be the only viable option. As per this review, 2k Deepcool cooler beats 5.5k noctua cooler somehow. Really somehow. - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deepcool-gammaxx-400-slim-tower-cpu-cooler,4460-2.html

I am gonna wait till this weekend, Deepcool would be the default choice if I don't find anything else :(

some days ago noctua d15 was available on primabgb for around 9k.suddenly both models balck and silver went out of stock 3 days ago.
read some reviews Scythe Mugen ,b quite shadow rock,thermalite are also good coolers for ryzen

some days ago noctua d15 was available on primabgb for around 9k.suddenly both models balck and silver went out of stock 3 days ago.
read some reviews Scythe Mugen ,b quite shadow rock,thermalite are also good coolers for ryzen
True, I got noctua d15 black edition for 8400/8600 from prime. Post that it went out of stock

Hyper 212 is pretty good, personally using a H410R RGB with my 2600 and temps stay around 69 70 under full load, any benchmark, cpu running at 3.9ghz confirmed at 1.125V i guess, so undervolted

I was considering similar aios (in 6k range) actually, but the fear of aio leaks forced me to only stick to air coolers.
The chances of an AIO leaking are very slim.
Yes, they do exist but it's very rare. I've used three AIOs since last two and half years and none of them have leaked (not a huge sample size, but I hope you get the point).

On the note of air coolers, If you're into aesthetics/how it looks, Hyper 212 will be better choice (assuming you're getting the RGB version). If not, both will perform similarly, so get whichever's cheaper.

Back