Credit card recommendations?

Nothing foolish…that cap on points is unacceptable and not usually visible on product page, I found it in t&c.. we shop often on flipk and myntra, so it’s okay for me, for amazon there is amz icici cc anyways.. besides, i took the hdfc cc only bcz my cousin wanted iPhone and was getting almost 9k discount on hdfc cc many months ago. And then there was washing machine purchase on rel-digital and got discount with hdfc cc.
I still use the card for smaller spends. Lifetime free so no issues holding it.
Ya I meant "foolish" in the philosophical sense that is there even something called "honest marketing/advertising?" :)

I have a regalia which i rarely use. Have been mainly using Amazon ICICI. Just got HDFC Tata Neu infinity because i buy a lot medicines from 1 MG
Is there any harm in getting multiple life time free cards. I just got zomato edition card because it's free and will get discounts on zomato. This is my fourth card. Regalia, tata neu card, Amazon icici and this.

Last edited:
Random update: This might be a first but my wife was denied a Amazon Pay ICICI card. :D despite having a near-800 credit score.
:D:p
A person with no or very little credit history has a high score by default. It must depend on her salary or job duration or other things such as average bank balance etc. I'm not 100% sure but there must be a reason.

I have a regalia which i rarely use. Have been mainly using Amazon ICICI. Just got HDFC Tata Neu infinity because i buy a lot medicines from 1 MG
Is there any harm in getting multiple life time free cards. I just got zomato edition card because it's free and will get discounts on zomato. This is my fourth card. Regalia, tata neu card, Amazon icici and this.
Is Zomato card lifetime free?
App says first and second year free, not sure about annual fees after that.

It shows life time free after activation in Zomato app.
Screenshot_20221202_133537_Zomato.jpg

A person with no or very little credit history has a high score by default. It must depend on her salary or job duration or other things such as average bank balance etc. I'm not 100% sure but there must be a reason.
Agree with your points but she does have a loan against her name with a 100% repayment-on-time record.
Anyway, doesn't matter in the end. The lesser CCs, the better. Also, this credit score biz is again just corporate mumbo-jumbo according to me. In my parents time, the world worked just fine without credit cards which are nothing but just instruments of debt-traps for the middle class.

Any Citi Indian Oil card holders?

Having one for 8yrs and with axis bank takeover in pipeline. Looking for replacement card that gives good points on fuel. Any alternatives other than SBI-HP petro card?

Having one for 8yrs and with axis bank takeover in pipeline. Looking for replacement card that gives good points on fuel. Any alternatives other than SBI-HP petro card?
Wait for Axis Bank to offer a replacement card. Axis Bank has a iocl card of its own.

Have you given a thought about SBI Octane Card?

Have you given a thought about SBI Octane Card?
I did. You get points for filing at BPCL outlets. Unfortunately, I don’t have those outlets through my everyday commute while I have 4-5 IOCL outlets on the same route.

Speaking of axis. Their edge points is terrible and expires. I have lost thousands of points for the last 10yrs. Therefore exploring cards that offer points on fuel + daily expenses.

Last edited:
I did. You get points for filing at BPCL outlets. Unfortunately, I don’t have those outlets through my everyday commute while I have 4-5 IOCL outlets on the same route.

Speaking of axis. Their edge points is terrible and expires. I have lost thousands of points for the last 10yrs. Therefore exploring cards that offer points on fuel + daily expenses.
Got it.
For me, I use BPCL and I believe Octane card gives maximum value.

Got it.
For me, I use BPCL and I believe Octane card gives maximum value.
Looks like am left with this only. How’s SBI’s support now? I have a savings account with them, it was always a hassle to sort any issues over the phone and end up visiting the branch.

Last edited:
Looks like am left with this only. How’s SBI’s support now? I have a savings account with them, it was always a hassle to sort any issues over the phone and end up visiting the branch.
Its better now but not that will make you fall in love with them!

It isn't good. Had a case of CC fraud for my father (partly my father's fault as well), immediately flagged the transaction as fraud & blocked the CC. My father had auto-payment on, initially, they didn't deduct the money but after 2 months they did. So now 25k fraud transaction has been charged & many times it feels a bigger hassle to follow up with them.

Went for Axis FK CC for my father now.

I have limited experience with US banks when I was there for a few years. I will say all Indian banks have bad service, you have to live with best among the worst. I personally had issues with ICICI, HDFC & even Axis, SBI for sure as well. Unless you are 0.1% of the rich, doubt that you will get a good experience.

Nothing beats Amex in CC!
Very true, have their Platinum travel card which is my primary for all spending except fuel due to poor acceptance. The Citi card filled that gap quite well, I have got about 25-27k worth of fuel free using their points for the last 6-7 years.

Has anyone here experienced the Stan Chart Super Value Titanium card? They have cash back on fuel, am assuming that mostly surcharge waiver with a monthly cap.

Very true, have their Platinum travel card which is my primary for all spending except fuel due to poor acceptance. The Citi card filled that gap quite well, I have got about 25-27k worth of fuel free using their points for the last 6-7 years.

Has anyone here experienced the Stan Chart Super Value Titanium card? They have cash back on fuel, am assuming that mostly surcharge waiver with a monthly cap.
1670236854587.png

This makes it pretty much useless.

In my experience the CC companies give CC to people who cannot pay back their money on time. My friends all have platinum/gold etc cc and they never seem to be able to pay off the dues. They keep getting calls from one cc company to another every week for transferring their cc dues at zero% interest etc. Plus Axis Bank tried to force me to get their 4L credit card when I didn't even have a job. These CC companies are searching for bakras to make money. People who pay full credit on time are not their main clients.

Back