Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

kestrel5915 said:
LOL, do you want compare a 5 year old hardware (Xbox360 that is) with today's PCs (although DX9 may also be quite old)?

Xbox360 costs one-fourth of a proper gaming PC! :p
hmm, i wasn't comparing hardware, but pointing out that indeed the PC version looks much better, has better textures lighting and animations than consoles, contrary to the foghorns who keep complaining crytek has killed crysis 2 on pc(they have actually to a certain extent)

jojothedragon said:
WTF! EA Download Manager doesn't support resume. :mad: Reyez was right. Had to start the download from 0% again. But this time its BSNL 3G! Should be completed within 24hrs.
Who said so? I have 4 games on EADM never had such issue.

Try logging out and in of EADM and see if it resumes? For me it always restarted from where I left. And I am sure about this as my mom loves to shutdown my comp when ever she notice that it is running with me being no where around :p

This game is ZOMFG awesome. Been playing it for 3 hours non-stop and it's been a blast. Taking a lunch break and resuming after that. :D

How are the fps on your config ?
@Jojo
He is asking since http downloads works on I.P address assigned to them , download manager like IDM re-fetches the link from http sites hence the download works even after the shutdown.

Advanced and Hardcore settings (as excepted) would lead my rig into a total meltdown. But 'Gamer' setting works flawlessly for me, with smooth 45 frames and no stuttering or locking up.

What's the point of pre-ordering if we get it after everyone else has finished the SP 5 times and is level 99 in MP :cursing:

Anyone got their pre-orders yet?

jojothedragon said:
^^^Yeah it has,you can pause the download but you cannot resume your download after restarting your PC,it is not like the FDM.

i started my download last night and then shut down PC , started today ... it resumed from were i had paused. no data loss.

jc36lect3r said:
What's the point of pre-ordering if we get it after everyone else has finished the SP 5 times and is level 99 in MP :cursing:

Anyone got their pre-orders yet?

Why would you want to look at them? It will be worth the wait, believe me. Besides, it's not like you were going to get the physical copy before it's European release date. :p

Roxtin said:
Try logging out and in of EADM and see if it resumes? For me it always restarted from where I left. And I am sure about this as my mom loves to shutdown my comp when ever she notice that it is running with me being no where around :p
Thanks man! Followed that procedure and it worked! :D

jojothedragon said:
WTF! EA Download Manager doesn't support resume. :mad: Reyez was right. Had to start the download from 0% again. But this time its BSNL 3G! Should be completed within 24hrs.
no such problems for me. I have resumed downloads several times :cool2:

check the path where the game installers are stored or see if your AV is preventing EADM from re-opening the previously downloaded file. in that case add EADM to trusted list of applications.

Roxtin said:
Who said so? I have 4 games on EADM never had such issue.
same here.

_

Back