Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Ideally, it should sync all your current stats, since they should be linked to your account and are not a part of the game saves. But back up your save/profile data, just in case.

Reactions: 1 person

jojothedragon

Skilled
Jan 20, 2009
Hades. said:
Thanks for the reply... :)
So if i would buy an original copy and if i would use the same ID then the multiplayer mode would start from 21st level na? I really worked hard to earn those XPs to reach to 21st level by thrashing noobs aswell as some smart gamers... :)

:goodjob:
Kudos mate.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Hades. said:
Thanks for the reply... :)
So if i would buy an original copy and if i would use the same ID then the multiplayer mode would start from 21st level na? I really worked hard to earn those XPs to reach to 21st level by thrashing noobs aswell as some smart gamers... :)

Actually it should.you just have to change the key the option of which is already available.You dont even have to uninstall your copy.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Hades. said:
the multiplayer mode has stopped working... :(... lol... :D

So guys should i buy Crysis 2 or should i wait for the BFBC 3? i was enjoying the multiplayer mode... i was on 21st level... :D

Guys 1 thing i would like to ask that if i would buy an original copy of crysis 2 and if i would use my old id... then would i get banned?

aha, a pirate :p. didnt expect u to do it since you buy new hardware like pepsi bottles...

well, just change ur RESISTRATION SERIAL to the genuine one, I think that will do.

also BF3 is in November 2011, sure you can wait for 1 game that long?

@ Aman, yeah me too have played more than 600 hours TF2, since mid last year. My in-game name is "Wolffpack" btw

And I think I'm at the end of the Campaign, last stage I believe, enter the hive.

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in
Gannu said:
Awesome! That is precisely why I waited this far. Else I would have played this on my roomie's comp. That has a HD5670 1GB. :p

I guess both of us can play it together then. Let me know when you are going to begin the game. ;)
Sure thing! Did you get the original one?

Hades. said:
So guys should i buy Crysis 2 or should i wait for the BFBC 3? i was enjoying the multiplayer mode... i was on 21st level... :D

Guys 1 thing i would like to ask that if i would buy an original copy of crysis 2 and if i would use my old id... then would i get banned?
Buy the original! its awesome and as you are already on lvl 21, you already know that :p Please buy the games u like atleast!! lol.

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Why 'm i finding the game to be difficult especially when i'm great with shooters, I know this game is not run and gun affair still not able to clear the first 2 levels.

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
dinjo said:
Why 'm i finding the game to be difficult especially when i'm great with shooters, I know this game is not run and gun affair still not able to clear the first 2 levels.
If you are finding the single player mode difficult then i am just wondering how you would survive in the multiplayer mode :lol:... just kidding...

Just lower the difficulty setting... ;)

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
ultimate question: what difficulty are you playing at?

BTW, just completed Single Player.. but I was umm, not happy with the ending...

Really after all that Alcatraz did, he says " They call me PROPHET" ...

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
I dont know why i'm finding the game to be difficult may be i'm not used to Cloak and other Nano Suit Abilities and BTW i tried with KB+mouse and controller and i found controller to be more easy to play , may be consoles have spoiled me.

damn

Adept
Aug 23, 2008
Zürich, Switzerland
I'm currently at the near end of my second playthrough. Stuff makes sense now.

And playing it on a huge screen in 3D is awesome. The part where Alcatraz holds on to the cliff and a taxi rams him, oh man I have no words to express how that moment felt.

Sub

Adept
Aug 12, 2010
compaddict,

It's not Alcatraz then! After the Tunguka iteration upgrade, an assimilation takes place with Prophet's memories and personality, which were retained by the nanosuit, which is itself a semi-organic intelligent being. An amazing loophole exploited for the personal persistence theories of philosophy! The only question remains - what about Alcatraz - who is Alcatraz? How much of him made it inside the nanosuit? How much of him is assimilated? Why doesn't he speak? Why doesn't he seem to have a choice in decision? How much of him is controlled by the nanosuit? There are many clues throughout the game which question these things "Is that really a man inside?", "He's dead without the suit", etc. etc. At the end of Crysis 2, one has to question - how much human is the nanosuit that calls himself "Prophet"? The suit, at this stage, is best described as a "post-human", as Hargreave put it. A blend of man and machine, but neither really. Clearly, the rules of humans don't apply to the nanosuit anymore. It changes all the rules - as said by Prophet. I am sure a lot more will be revealed in Crysis 3 or expansions.

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
baccilus said:
How is the Multiplayer in this Game? Is it as good as BFBC2? And what is the server situation like here in India?
I would express it in one word and i.e tough... The way you can go in stealth mode other people can do that too... And from where an opponent would come is something which you really can't predict... i would say that even a n00b can pwn you... And when an opponent goes in stealth mode then even the opponent icon disappears from the map... the only way to survive from people who are in stealth mode is to activate the night vision... You would really enjoy the multiplayer mode... :) I am looking forward to buy this game... :)

Edit: i forgot to mention that i was getting 80ms ping on fragnetics (Singapore) server... EA has not created any indian ranked/unranked server yet...

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in
baccilus said:
How is the Multiplayer in this Game? Is it as good as BFBC2? And what is the server situation like here in India?
Its pretty decent, certainly not as good as BC2, but very good nevertheless.

But Most definitely better than the yearly COD installments.

Verdict from my end will be to buy this if you have nothing to play till BF3 comes out :)

baccilus

Skilled
Oct 21, 2007
Chandigarh
@Hades and Aman: The gameplay sounds lame. I think I will just stick with BFBC2 till BF3 comes out. The only issue is that BFBC2 has too few servers. Only RCDC is available. But I know things are like that for all Non-counter-Strike games in India.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Sub said:
compaddict,

It's not Alcatraz then! After the Tunguka iteration upgrade, an assimilation takes place with Prophet's memories and personality, which were retained by the nanosuit, which is itself a semi-organic intelligent being. An amazing loophole exploited for the personal persistence theories of philosophy! The only question remains - what about Alcatraz - who is Alcatraz? How much of him made it inside the nanosuit? How much of him is assimilated? Why doesn't he speak? Why doesn't he seem to have a choice in decision? How much of him is controlled by the nanosuit? There are many clues throughout the game which question these things "Is that really a man inside?", "He's dead without the suit", etc. etc. At the end of Crysis 2, one has to question - how much human is the nanosuit that calls himself "Prophet"? The suit, at this stage, is best described as a "post-human", as Hargreave put it. A blend of man and machine, but neither really. Clearly, the rules of humans don't apply to the nanosuit anymore. It changes all the rules - as said by Prophet. I am sure a lot more will be revealed in Crysis 3 or expansions.
yeah i know, they made it perfect in the ending, perfect for another part. Well, they had to do it so they can make a Crysis 3..

I think next Crysis will be saving the world hurray! Hope India is featured..

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008
Hades. said:
I would express it in one word and i.e tough... The way you can go in stealth mode other people can do that too... And from where an opponent would come is something which you really can't predict... i would say that even a n00b can pwn you... And when an opponent goes in stealth mode then even the opponent icon disappears from the map... the only way to survive from people who are in stealth mode is to activate the night vision... You would really enjoy the multiplayer mode... :) I am looking forward to buy this game... :)

Edit: i forgot to mention that i was getting 80ms ping on fragnetics (Singapore) server... EA has not created any indian ranked/unranked server yet...
Its called "Nano Vision" Hades..:p

Rogues

Disciple
Jul 26, 2010
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Sub said:
I agree Rogues, design, atmosphere and gameplay are the main reasons why I play games. The only game where I genuinely was captibated by the plot was GTA IV, and that's about it. But definitely for the standard of plots in games, I think Crysis 2 is above average. Definitely a lot better than COD and all its clones.

*Snip*

I quoted Mass Effect because the Reapers are similar, an ancient race trying to reclaim the world.

When I'm gaming it's usually at a stretch. Most of the time I'm too busy to game, but once for a week in every two months or so, I'll install Windows and game for the entire week. Hence for me immersion is a major factor. Crysis with it's linear story failed to capture my attention. Took me around 8 hours to finish and all that while I was waiting for it to surprise me with something different,but what I got from it was what I already expected. I'd choose a game like STALKER or Oblivion over it any day...bleak atmosphere, character build up, realism all adds to the immersive experience. It's just not there in Crysis.

I see so many people talking about BF3, isn't anyone enthused about Skyrim?