Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

I have just started playing and i must say it is running quite well on Palit HD4850 and 1.5 GB DDR2 ram :).... game is well optimized compared to earlier games.... but graphics are certainly not the best.......certainly not upto the hype which it made!!!!

Yeah, the graphics is not upto par as we expected. But seriously, I think some reviewers are confused. I remember reading in the original Crysis review that it has a weak story and Graphics alone isn't enough to make a game.

THis time, they say the story is quite good, but the graphics isn't enough.. Seriously, these reviewers either try too hard or are just confused.

Rogues said:
I quoted Mass Effect because the Reapers are similar, an ancient race trying to reclaim the world.
Though Im not 100% sure abt these reaper dude, but I dont think they keep whiping out all the organic species in the universe just to reclaim whats theirs. Those dudes have created the mass relays, Citadel, and all that awesome tech, yes. They keep doing that as its some kinda game for them, let one of more organic species develop, use their[the reaper's] technology and advance, and all of a sudden, take everything belonging to that organic species and destroy them without and clue. Its like throw a little child into the playground with cool toys and see what they do.

Bad / Good news -

BSNgaming is waiting for a server update, and when that comes out will we we Indian MP servers for Crysis 2. That might be tomorrow or a month from now. Nobody knows except crytek :(

Crytek is taking too long to introduce basic features that should have been in it from the very beginning. They are gonna release DX11 patch next and then it may take another 2-3 weeks to release another update to fix pending issues. I'm waiting for the anti-cheat update. Like MP but can't play due to cheaters :(

dont understand why people are complaining about the AI i am playing it in 'veteran' mode and almost on the verge of finishing it.Till now the AI is quite good as far as i am concerned.

If people play it at 'easy' or 'regular' mode and still complain about the AI then i dont have any words to say.

(Please dont get it otherwise it is perfectly normal to play at those difficulties. But complaining is another thing.)

The AI is awesome, but sometimes there are bugs (like running around in circles). When it works it is the best AI I have seen in gaming, when it doesn't, it's a total joke. But they might have fixed these in patch 1.2 which I haven't tried.

quan chi said:
dont understand why people are complaining about the AI i am playing it in 'veteran' mode and almost on the verge of finishing it.Till now the AI is quite good as far as i am concerned.

If people play it at 'easy' or 'regular' mode and still complain about the AI then i dont have any words to say.

(Please dont get it otherwise it is perfectly normal to play at those difficulties. But complaining is another thing.)

What do you mean by good AI? Quake 3 in nightmare is very difficult to finish but the AI in UT 2004 and UT 3 is more intelligent. I have not played Crysis 2, but have played Crysis and Crysis Warhead. From all the reviews and forum posts I have read the AI has become even more worse than it was previously. Enemies blowing themselves with their own grenades, enemies not responding to your attacks and just staying still, and other stupid behavior. The most stupidest thing I have noticed (in Crysis original and reportedly the issue remains in Crysis2) is that sometimes the AI sees me, then completely forgets when I cloak, at least in Crysis 1 many times the AI tries to flush me out by shooting everywhere and throwing grenades, but apparently it never happens in Crysis 2. Admittedly the Crysis AI is very skilled, but skill is very very different from intelligence. Some of the best games I have played, including Deus Ex, have pathetic AI and I often wonder how the same developers who have every other aspect incredible leave out the AI. Maybe it's because no one really cares in FPS's, all people want is some enemies to kill and even slightly innovative things like the suit modes (remember augmentations?) are heavily praised!

Till now the only bug i had encountered was at the end of the level 'Semper Fi Or Die' or where you had to follow a marine who was not proceeding and instead was standing at a point even though there were no enemies.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

unixguru said:
What do you mean by good AI? Quake 3 in nightmare is very difficult to finish but the AI in UT 2004 and UT 3 is more intelligent. I have not played Crysis 2, but have played Crysis and Crysis Warhead. From all the reviews and forum posts I have read the AI has become even more worse than it was previously. Enemies blowing themselves with their own grenades, enemies not responding to your attacks and just staying still, and other stupid behavior. The most stupidest thing I have noticed (in Crysis original and reportedly the issue remains in Crysis2) is that sometimes the AI sees me, then completely forgets when I cloak, at least in Crysis 1 many times the AI tries to flush me out by shooting everywhere and throwing grenades, but apparently it never happens in Crysis 2. Admittedly the Crysis AI is very skilled, but skill is very very different from intelligence. Some of the best games I have played, including Deus Ex, have pathetic AI and I often wonder how the same developers who have every other aspect incredible leave out the AI. Maybe it's because no one really cares in FPS's, all people want is some enemies to kill and even slightly innovative things like the suit modes (remember augmentations?) are heavily praised!
dude why you even bothered to ask you yourself has answered the question you have asked.:lol:. As far as crysis 2 is concerned i have to say i dont know how it is in regular mode.But crysis even at regular mode has impressive AI.

Amonst all the other bugs you have mentioned i must say as far as i am concerned If you cloak in front of the enemy he dosent forgets you infact keeps on attacking on your current or previous position for some time.

I finished the game in 'Post Human Warrior/Ultra hard' mode and I can say the AI of the game is very good/better than many FPS games but this is a just game and AI still needs to improve. But the game has many glitches.

asingh said:
Need the quick save -- BAD.

Yup. Dying tosses you 20 minutes back in the game. Really frustrating at some times.

unixguru said:
The most stupidest thing I have noticed (in Crysis original and reportedly the issue remains in Crysis2) is that sometimes the AI sees me, then completely forgets when I cloak, at least in Crysis 1 many times the AI tries to flush me out by shooting everywhere and throwing grenades, but apparently it never happens in Crysis 2.

This. Very true. :)

Spoiler for some maybe..:

Lame AI.

i got a copy of the beta version from a friend. When i run it, the monitor light blink continuously, i know that this is because the resolution of the game is too high. after checking some logs i came to know that the ga,e was running at 1400x900, whereas my CRT monitor support 1024x768 max:(.
So how to set the game to run my resolution, please help i want to play this game now.

Can't change the resolution from inside the game as the game is not running.

CA50 said:
i got a copy of the beta version from a friend. When i run it, the monitor light blink continuously, i know that this is because the resolution of the game is too high. after checking some logs i came to know that the ga,e was running at 1400x900, whereas my CRT monitor support 1024x768 max:(.

So how to set the game to run my resolution, please help i want to play this game now.

Can't change the resolution from inside the game as the game is not running.
Beta had/has many problems, get the official version and update to v1.2 for lesser issues.

Back