Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

damn said:
Makes sense now, thanks for the replies. I still maintain that it was horribly told though.
The story didn't explain many things but it is not as horribly told as Killzone series. Crysis 2 was let down by bad AI, no enemy variety, no challenging situations, bugs but story and way it was told was really cool. The opening sequence of every chapter was really awesome.

Completed the game. Here is a nutshell review:-

Crysis2 is an intense shooter experience with lot of high-quality action. It rans smoothly on even my modest systems. The story was actually pretty entertaining, enough to compel me throughout the single-player campaign. Unfortunately the first few levels lack momentum though it offers a nice challenge, particularly in its second half..

The gameplay is good as well. The detail on every surface, and the firefights never gets dull. Run and Gun don't work here. It requires tactics and strategies to kill the enemy rather than mindless gunning. The enemies and the Ceph alien use the environment for cover and flank. One need to fully utilize the nanosuit, though I felt that the nanosuit has been overpowered a little. Stealth lasts way too long.. This checkpoint system is a giant pain. Dying toss me 15 minutes back in the game. Really frustrating at some times. Another thing that disappointed me is that headshots doesn't make much impact. I have to empty a whole round into enemies in order to see them dead. The audio is amazing. Motivational with excellent bass and rhythm. Hail Hans Zimmer.

Along the way we collect glitter, the nano catalyst of killed aliens to upgrade the Nanosuit. The dynamic destructibles are good though not amazing.

Epic showdowns, tactical battlefield assessments, and amazing gameplay with god-like background audio made me hooked to it for its 10-12 hours campaign. I shall rate it 8.5/10. :)

XTechManiac said:
Another thing that disappointed me is that headshots doesn't make much impact.
This is one of my favourite aspects of the game! Especially above the normal difficulty, headshots are damn near useless for the aliens, so you are forced to flank them and hit them on the back - and pop they go. So much fun!

XTechManiac said:
Another thing that disappointed me is that headshots doesn't make much impact.
Makes sense given that aliens might not have the same anatomy as humans.

XTechManiac said:
Hail Hans Zimmer.
Zimmer composed only the main theme and a couple of other segments. They are catchy though.

Sub said:
This is one of my favourite aspects of the game! Especially above the normal difficulty, headshots are damn near useless for the aliens, so you are forced to flank them and hit them on the back - and pop they go. So much fun!
Not exactly. Emptying a whole freaking round just to kill an alien hitting 80% bullets on their faces. :no:

BTW, here is an update guys..

Crysis 2 Patch Notes

On Thursday 31st March we released a patch for the X360 system that fixed many issues raised by the community. Today we have also released a patch for PS3.

We would like to thank the community for helping us to identify a number of unexpected issues, and we will continue to monitor the game and community for future fixes and improvements.

Below is a list of fixes included in the patch;

- A number of AI fixes and improvements (single-player campaign)
- Improved anti-cheat protection
- Fix for missing and corrupt sounds
- Fix for music tracks repeating when they shouldn’t, and two different tracks occasionally playing at the same time
- A range of networking improvements, including fixes to host migration
- Fix for Capture the Relay where the CELL team would occasionally not be able to pick-up the relay in the second round
- Addressed a bug with the “Show All†radar option when players would intermittently not be shown
- Ammo crates now disappear from tactical hints when they’re emptied (single-player campaign)
- Fix for a number of After-Match Awards not being correctly allocated
- Fix for inaccurate audio being played during the kill replay camera
- Smoothed the transition into and out of the kill replay camera
- Fix for the battle announcer audio occasionally reporting inaccurate Support Bonus information
- Fix for the Deflection bonus staying permanently active if held by a player at the end of a round
- Fix for menus scrolling continually if a direction is held on the left analog stick during load
- Various Skill Assessment fixes so stats are tracked correctly
- Leaderboard fixes for data occasionally being shown in the incorrect column
- Fix for an issue with shadow rendering
- Fix for crouch and zoom being on the same button in one of the alternate control schemes
- Added additional announcer signposting when approaching the score limit in game modes
- Fix for players of rank 50 being shown as rank 51 in-game
- Improved ledge grab transition speed
- Reduced lag when switching weapons
- Fix for a Stealth Kill bug where, if performing a kill on a moving target, pressing the button would sometimes drag players along behind that opponent instead of performing the kill
- Fix for explosions occasionally not rendering in the kill replay camera
- Fix for an issue when trying to switch weapon during a slide, where players were sometimes left in a no-weapon

- MyCrysis Team
Source

Just for consoles. :S

XTechManiac said:
Not exactly. Emptying a whole freaking round just to kill an alien hitting 80% bullets on their faces. :no:
Or, you can just flank them and kill them with 3 bullets on the back in the squidy areas. :) That's where the alien's "headshots" are - at the back.

jojothedragon said:
Anyone having problem with the nano catalyst,its not getting registered after being collected.:(
many times, also after I die, MELEE stops working, have to restart the game again.

Wonder when PC gets its patch

same happened to me . Dieing again seemed to solve the melee issue. :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

XTechManiac said:
Oh, yea. Point noted. :)
Headshots with the sniper does work against normal cephs. But it won't work against who have a glowing red armor and those brute cephs.

from crysis.in (tomr for india)
Crysis 2 PC 1.2.0.0

A new Crysis 2 PC patch is scheduled to go live later today. Below you will find a list of the top fixes.

List of changes
• Further improved anti-cheat measures
• Fix for spurious characters appearing when initiating text chat
• Fix for Chatlog doesn't disappear after kill cam
• Fixed occasional login issues
• Changed VOIP defaults
• Fixed some UI aspect issues on multiple monitors
• Added option for crouch toggle in MP & SP
• Fixed a bug where players lost Nano Catalyst points after restarting the game

We’re working hard with our Ranked Server Partners to switch the servers at the same time that the patch goes live – but inevitably this will take time so we ask for your patience. When you launch the game, the patch will auto-download. If you cannot find servers, please exit the game and re-start to ensure the patch has applied.

You can check the version number by selecting Properties on Crysis2.exe and selecting Details. The correct version after patching will be 1.2.0.0, and the executable will be signed by Crytek GmbH.

Update #1
Added the Nano Catalyst bug to the list of fixed issues. There seems to be a little confusion about the patch so please note, this is not the full list, but rather the key highlights.

For Steam Users
Steam users will experience some prolonged loading times in this patch for which we apologise. We will update the Steam build in the next few days to resolve this issue.

- MyCrysis Team

Finished SP campaign a few days back. I think the expectations I had, let me down a bit in Crysis 2. I was expecting mindblowing graphics. But I have seen better. I tweaked the settings using the advanced graphics mod.

I am not a hardcore FPS player. But, I liked the gameplay. Usage of Tactics in good. But gets repetitve over time. If you go stealth, the game seems easy. I think, you could pass thorugh some of the earlier levels without even killing an enemy. The enemies also seem to chase you only from one checkpoint to another. This Ceph was attacking me and all of a sudden he disappeared when I crossed the checkpoint. Fire fights are good, but they could have thrown in much more intense boss fights like the final one in Crysis.

My favourite thing in Crysis 2 is the soundtrack. Hats off Hans. The epilogue music still runs in my mind.

Story wise, it was nothing great. The usual alien vs man. I thought the Ceph resembled a combination of Geth+Reapers in ME. They used to fly over you in the previous two titles. No idea of how they transformed to those who can walk and run. Overall, it was a good game. I have never played MP in FPS games. Need to try this sometime later.

jojothedragon said:
Guys patch version 1.2 is out.Just run your games,hope it solves the bugs.
Damn you beat me to it :p Updating right now.

Here's what all has been added

– A number of AI fixes and improvements (single-player campaign)

– Improved anti-cheat protection

– Fix for missing and corrupt sounds

– Fix for music tracks repeating when they shouldn’t, and two different tracks occasionally playing at the same time

– A range of networking improvements, including fixes to host migration

– Fix for Capture the Relay where the CELL team would occasionally not be able to pick-up the relay in the second round

– Addressed a bug with the “Show All” radar option when players would intermittently not be shown

– Ammo crates now disappear from tactical hints when they’re emptied (single-player campaign)

– Fix for a number of After-Match Awards not being correctly allocated

– Fix for inaccurate audio being played during the kill replay camera

– Smoothed the transition into and out of the kill replay camera

– Fix for the battle announcer audio occasionally reporting inaccurate Support Bonus information

– Fix for the Deflection bonus staying permanently active if held by a player at the end of a round

– Fix for menus scrolling continually if a direction is held on the left analog stick during load

– Various Skill Assessment fixes so stats are tracked correctly

– Leaderboard fixes for data occasionally being shown in the incorrect column

– Fix for an issue with shadow rendering

– Fix for crouch and zoom being on the same button in one of the alternate control schemes

– Added additional announcer signposting when approaching the score limit in game modes

– Fix for players of rank 50 being shown as rank 51 in-game

– Improved ledge grab transition speed

– Reduced lag when switching weapons

– Fix for a Stealth Kill bug where, if performing a kill on a moving target, pressing the button would sometimes drag players along behind that opponent instead of performing the kill

– Fix for explosions occasionally not rendering in the kill replay camera

– Fix for an issue when trying to switch weapon during a slide, where players were sometimes left in a no-weapon

lol when i replied . You only said Damn you beat me to it :p

But no fix of lose of XP . I again levelled to 8 closed the game . here i am back to 5th level >_________________>

Back