Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhruvrock2000 said:
Also note... PSGroove with syscall support has been modified to run PS3 games without requiring a Blu-Ray. An updated hex for our chip should be here in a day or two. Will try to use that however the previous version will work nonetheless as the only difference is that it requires a blu-ray << any game >> to run a backup.Cheers
What the....? Seriously? So this syscall support, is it board specific or hex specific? Would you be able to perform this flash on the current batch of boards which are ordered?

Ethan_Hunt said:
What the....? Seriously? So this syscall support, is it board specific or hex specific? Would you be able to perform this flash on the current batch of boards which are ordered?
Its just a new hex file can b used with any dev board :D ...

Currently it cannot be used with ours... i am working with the manufacturer to come up with the driver. The FClock on our chip is 8Mhz. Also , the core board design is based on the Teensy 1.0 board. Some drivers particularly for the LEDs need to be finished , we hope to get that done tonight. Will compile this hex in a day or two if it gets completed...

Also , i highly recommend using the old hex right now because there are compatibility issues with this modified hex. RE5 , GOW3 do NOT work with it.... Also , the Backup Manager will need to be edited. Currently this is a very messy / hacked up soln , users recommended the old hex.

Yea den just load up the old one .. if later the new hex comes up i think users will be able to do dat on their own ... its not that tough :p ....

Btw there are many people on psx-scene who already received their chips and they claim it to be working all gud :)

I'm so excited :D

Getting shipped out tomorrow. So should arrive at Dhruv's place by Saturday or Monday?

@Dhruv: Yeah bro, load up the older more stable hex file....i bet almost everyone must have at the very least one PS3 game.

Yup.. will be here by Monday maximum... The older hex is much more convenient as you only require the game to be present inside for disk check...

as of now the update on whose payments i have received

2x Unrealistic (Received)

1x abishek22 (Received)

1x Manomax (Received)

1x apextwin (Received)

1x Poga (Received)

1x Ankur (Received)

2x KLiCK (Received)

1x andrew327 (Received)

1x TechHead (Awating Payment)

1x Kishan (Awating Payment)

1x L33tWizARD (Awating Payment)

guys backup manager v2 has been released wherein you can play backups without the need of inserting the game disc. For this you will need install the new "Hermes' PSGroove Fork with backup manager v2 support" onto your AVR's.

It is not Backup Manager v2. As i stated earlier , this new BM is just a different hacked version. Not really recommended as game compatibility drops sharply with this. Use at your own discretion.

Yup. As soon as i ship out orders to customers.

@dragon_unleashed : That is the name given to it by the person who modded it. It is not by the same team which made the original Backup Manager and so cannot really be called v2. Also , as it breaks compatibility with a lot of games , i would not recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back