Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhruvrock2000 said:
@Jerin : Here you go... recorded a video for you mate. Take a look at it, this is exactly how it is to be done. Btw, switch OFF the audio before watching... it is totally scrambled.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@SumitB : I'm not sure about GT5 but Uncharted 2 has files greater than 4GB so you will have to use Open Split for that. It will split the files which Open Manager will rejoin in the internal harddisk.

Anybody else had any problems ? I'll start off the 2nd batch tomorrow.
How do we use Open Split? How do we install it and where do we get it from? U am trying to google it but no luck. :(

I would say get putty installed and run a sshd the transfer should be the fastest or try out WinSCP

Successful! Operation successful. Got the wired connection to work & got 10MBps transfer speeds. Blackb0X FTP works flawlessly and the OM FTP didn't work for me. Backed up 2 titles, tested both games in Open Manager 1.4 and they booted perfectly. Dhruv, thanks for the heads up man. Now to finally revive my PS3 gaming spree.

Would appreciate if someone will link me up to some site explaining this whole process of backing up and playing my games. I am too old for such things. :'(

I got this Open Split but don't know how to use it. :ashamed:

SumitB said:
Would appreciate if someone will link me up to some site explaining this whole process of backing up and playing my games. I am too old for such things. :'(

What have you attempted till now?

Ethan_Hunt said:
What have you attempted till now?
Lets assume I just got the chip and have a few PS3 games handy! What would I have to do to get the games to the drive of the PS3 and play without needing the discs? Also, for convenience sake, I am having Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty and Uncharted 2 infront of me. A computer is always there. A pendrive and a decent internet connection (to download files).

Please guide me through the process. :)

looks like everybody have received and having fun with their JB stick damn that courier guy will have visit their office tomorrow.:mad:

Stormblast... i was out when i received your message. You'll have it tomorrow... Sending you the tracking number via PM.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

SumitB said:

Copied this tut but it should work... i haven't tried it personally though.

okey, it has been tested on Uncharted 2 and works fine so far.

1) download http://www.chipovka.net/PSARC.zip

2) Extract zlib.net.dll and PSARC.exe to any folder.

3) Find any files more than 4Gb for example \PS3_GAME\USRDIR\build\main\pak22.psarc (5 596 444 529 byte)

4) Copy pak22.psarc into zlib.net.dll and PSARC.exe directory.

5) Extract pak22.psarc (just drag-n-drop pak22.psarc to PSARC.exe)

6) Now copy pak22 folder with extracted files to gamefolder \PS3_GAME\USRDIR\build\main\

7) Now you can delete pak22.psarc.

8) copy PS3_GAME folder with game to your external fat32 usb hdd GAMEZ\Uncharted2\

9) use backup manager to load game, should work fine.

well, probably you can play any game with files over 4GB.

Not stuck... sometimes the ps3 gets stuck in startup.. u know the startup ps3 screen. but power off power on will make it ok.

but i cant seem to JB it.

I turn the power on. and i just click the eject once. the disc comes right out.. and no 2 options under game.

if i keep the eject button pressed. then 3 beep sound continuously. :S.

What is that button on the JB chip.. i pressed it.. if that makes it ON ??...

Here's what I did. I plugged the stick in. Truned on the PS3 from the mains, pressed power button and quickly pressed the eject button. For the first time, it beeped thrice for me since I didn't have any disc in there. It got JB'd nevertheless. The boot sequence should take longer than usual, that's an indication that the JB was successful and once in the XMB menu, you should see 2 new files under games. Do you have Slim or FAT model?

FAT.

yeas i did the exact same things. but it wasnt jail breaked. any issues with chip then?

Umm.... ok u pressed that button. It puts it into DFU mode and there is a good chance that u've erased the hex on it. Anyways , i'll help you get it onto the stick again. The PS3 should still boot though.

And heres the video : YouTube - 04102010012

no no... I only clicked the button after 2 or 3 tries.. :S.. thght it need to be turned on.

*hitting head on table*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back