Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan_Hunt said:
Successful! Operation successful. Got the wired connection to work & got 10MBps transfer speeds. Blackb0X FTP works flawlessly and the OM FTP didn't work for me. Backed up 2 titles, tested both games in Open Manager 1.4 and they booted perfectly. Dhruv, thanks for the heads up man. Now to finally revive my PS3 gaming spree.
Excellent! I guessed you might have called me for this but I was inside the movie hall. :p

Congrats Allwyn! What all games have you tried backing up by far? Any luck with NGS2/RDR? Shall be sending you my portable drive soon.

Oh and I thought I read somewhere you were planning to put up a new thread with the steps and FAQ? Or was it just me? :bleh:

PS: I want my chip back by this month-end bugger! :devil:

@dhuruv, got mine today mate and did exactly as u've shown and it works good(im yet to try a game which will be done in the evening). In your video after ur JB it, the XMB has "Install PKG Files", "FTP", "Openmanager", but mine just has "Install PKG Files"? yours is an updated version? if so how to update it. and hey thanks mate.

Also i have an 8gig pendrive and have downloaded RDR(6GB) which has tow folders "PS3_GAME", "PS3_UPDATE" any idea as to how to get the game folders to install in the PS3 from the pendrive. Any tutorial link would be helpful. As i have no idea how to proceed from this point forth.

Desecrator said:
Excellent! I guessed you might have called me for this but I was inside the movie hall. :p

Congrats Allwyn! What all games have you tried backing up by far? Any luck with NGS2/RDR? Shall be sending you my portable drive soon.

Oh and I thought I read somewhere you were planning to put up a new thread with the steps and FAQ? Or was it just me? :bleh:

PS: I want my chip back by this month-end bugger! :devil:
I backed up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty successfully. Both worked like a charm. NGS2 performed an additional installation which gave a nice little anime recap of the first game while installing. This wasn't present in NG II on the 360. BTW, Why not have Dhruv mail out my chip from the 2nd order directly to you? :p It's the same chip, so won't make any difference.

Dhruv, when is the second order being initiated?

@Memnom: You have to load open manager separately. Dhruv has provided the link for it's download a few pages back. Load Open manager (pkg file) on the pen drive and click on 'install package files' option in the PS3 XMB. It will pick up the open manager package file on the thumb drive and install it. Once you have open manager installed, create a folder on your thumb drive called 'GAMEZ' (all caps) and copy the RDR game files in that folder. Load open manager and plug in the pen drive. This will list your game in there. Make sure you have an original disc in the drive. Click 'X' to load the game. The dashboard will reboot and you should be able to play RDR.

^Excellent - I need NGS 2. I haven't played R&C series so will take that up later. You can keep the chip for some more time - so long as I complete LP2. :bleh:

Desecrator said:
^Excellent - I need NGS 2. I haven't played R&C series so will take that up later. You can keep the chip for some more time - so long as I complete LP2. :bleh:
IT'S MINE MINE MINE! :bleh:

RDR will not work from external unless you are using open split and use open manager to transfer from external to internal it has a 4.6gb file,you can also try transferring the backup to LAUN12345 or OMAN using FTP

^^ And that also has to be installed like the "OpenManager" from a usb drive? any download links mate?

memnom said:
^^ And that also has to be installed like the "OpenManager" from a usb drive? any download links mate?
You mean FTP? Nope. It's a bit lengthy procedure. I'll get back home & chalk out a systematic guide and PM you. BTW, do you have a wireless Internet connection or wired? I have only done this wired connection.

I have wired mate, had to get 30 feet of LAN to make it work.

If u can do that it would be great bruv, take your time.

Why didn't i ordered a chip !!
@Allwyn - You should have kept the Resistance 2 with you

I can help out with Skype as well... though i DID post a short tutorial a few pages back... I've been FTP'ing over a wireless connection , works but is a LITTLE slow.

Oh n btw.. u can copy to the internal disk if ur using Open Manager which i mentioned previously. I just copied Fifa 11 to my external and copied it over to the internal.

And i'll put up 2nd order information today afternoon / evening. I believe almost everybody has got theirs by now. Stormblast should have his today evening. Kishan had sent me 2 separate addresses so... plz check ur email buddy and confirm as i've already sent it.

Ethan ! I want some GAMEZ :p I think i''m gonna cancel my rental subscription for a bit as i've got enough games to play already :D

dhruvrock2000 said:
Ethan ! I want some GAMEZ :p I think i''m gonna cancel my rental subscription for a bit as i've got enough games to play already :D
I'm already on it. Most of the exclusives are taken care of. I'm getting a 500GB HDD for my PS3. I'll add you on Skype and let's work this out.

Dinjo said:
Why didn't i ordered a chip !!
@Allwyn - You should have kept the Resistance 2 with you
I'm getting both Resistance: FoM and Resistance 2 from Sunny. You should have ordered the chip man. It's better than waiting for a port on some device. Plus 650 bucks is a steal deal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back