Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
SumitB said:
Dhruv, will this chip be able to hack all PS3's? I have one PS3 250GB Slim purchased in March. Another PS3 I will get in the next 10 days. Will this chip work on the latest firmware as well? Another question, when I am buying the PS3, is it possible to tell what firmware it is running by looking at the box? Will the PS3 move work with this chip or will it not?
It will work on all PS3 models, provided they are on 3.41 firmware. Anything above or below it won't work. Also there is no way to tell what firmware it's on, without connecting the console to a video source. The box won't have the firmware details printed on it. As for Move, it depends on how Sony integrates Move's compatibility on the console. If it's by a firmware update in the future, then it may or may not support it.

SumitB said:
Dhruv, will this chip be able to hack all PS3's? I have one PS3 250GB Slim purchased in March. Another PS3 I will get in the next 10 days. Will this chip work on the latest firmware as well? Another question, when I am buying the PS3, is it possible to tell what firmware it is running by looking at the box? Will the PS3 move work with this chip or will it not?
It wont work with FW 3.42 only earlier ones are supported.

Yes it can hack any model until u havent updated it to 3.42.

Its not possible to verify seeing the box about the firmware.

But yes any ps3 manufactured till September 10th will have 3.41 on it so you can check the date and buy.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m-jeri said:
^^

the below part... is that so?

Hackers have found a way to enable it on earlier FWs but not with 3.42

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm in as well. But I need a few things clarified first:

1.) What would be the exact cost in INR including shipping? ask Dhruv about this

2.) Is this a USB stick or just the bare development board that you'll be hexing when you receive it? its just a dev board Dhruv will be hexing it

3.) This will be able to boot back ups right? Yes it can boot back ups .. but you can choose to hex it without the Backup Manager Support

4.) When are you planning to order them? Again Dhruv only can answer :p

So 10th September is the key here. I will wait for a few days before committing. If things are ok, I will need 2 of these.

@ M-jeri thats what i meant :|

BTW the psgroove which will support all FWs prior 3.42 is still in coming soon status ... so for now it can only work on 3.41

Hey guys,

Can you get more details about this chip? some pics? perhaps name components it has and the layout diagram. maybe we can made one locally, instead of importing

shit..

where do we get just the 3.41 update?

got it.............

m-jeri said:
^^

The below part means...

Its supposed to work UPTO 3.41. Not JUST for 3.41
Currently, it’s compatible only with 3.41 firmware. People who have used it with firmware below 3.41 have said that it doesn’t work at all or give a black screen.

Gaurish said:
Hey guys,

Can you get more details about this chip? some pics? perhaps name components it has and the layout diagram. maybe we can made one locally, instead of importing
That is what i was interested in initially... i can get the entire PCB design with components list.... if you have a PCB manufacturer's contact.

Originally Posted by Ethan_Hunt

I'm in as well. But I need a few things clarified first:

1.) What would be the exact cost in INR including shipping? ask Dhruv about this

2.) Is this a USB stick or just the bare development board that you'll be hexing when you receive it? its just a dev board Dhruv will be hexing it

3.) This will be able to boot back ups right? Yes it can boot back ups .. but you can choose to hex it without the Backup Manager Support

4.) When are you planning to order them? Again Dhruv only can answer

Cost would be approx 500 bucks

Dev board which i will hex but its pretty small so you can put it inside a memory card box or sthn

Will boot backups

Ordering them once SunnyBoi has set up his AlertPay account

Being so cheap... this is well worth a gamble as i am not willing to pay $40 or sthn for a teensy... which is out of stock anyways. As a few people have already started receiving these boards on psx-scene , i guess the guy can be trusted to deliver.

dhruvrock2000 said:
That is what i was interested in initially... i can get the entire PCB design with components list.... if you have a PCB manufacturer's contact.

Yes, I know a small manufacturer who makes these PCB. they have SMT Line machine for printing PCB as well. I have asked them, and they said if you can get full component list, circuit diagram & layouts etc. then it can be made. the only requirement is they would make it in bulk, else it won't be economical.

Get one for me too...
PM me the bank details.

I was about to order one for something close to 3k... $10-12 sound too good to resist.

count me in for 2

PM for bank details. I was just about to order dingoo on DX for the same, but worried with fakes doing the rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back